How Dark Is the Night?

Til Death Do Us Part

(Brendon’s POV)
“How is she Brendon?” Kat asked me as I shut Amanda’s door.

“She’s hysterical. I can’t blame her. I feel lost right now too. But she finally fell asleep. I think from all the stress, worry and crying.” I said walking down the hallway to go downstairs.

“Brendon I am really sorry. I know there is nothing I can do or say to make this right but I am going to try to make it right. I should have listened to Amanda but I felt something. I think we were being watched but I don’t know. Maybe I am losing it too.” Kat said sitting on the barstool of the kitchen counter.

“It is hard for me to talk to you right now because I want to blame you. But it doesn’t solve anything.” I said searching for any type of alcohol Amanda may have stashed away. She was a rum and wine drinker. I know she doesn’t drink all the time but she did on occasions. I don’t really care if I am underage still, I need something to help my nerves.

“What are you searching for?” Kat asked.

“Alcohol.” I replied searching the cabinets.

“Brendon, that won’t solve anything.” She said.

“I don’t really care right now. Ooh I found some wine. Here, I will even pour you some.” I said getting out two wine glasses.

“Brendon, I pass. I really don’t think this is a good idea.” Kat said.

“Let me tell you this. I don’t really care what you think is a good idea right now. Some crazy has Erelin out there and you brought him here. Couldn’t you have fought your battles there? So what if Amanda killed Dracula and now some loony vampire wants revenge. It isn’t her fight anymore. You came here and dragged her into this mess and then dragged us into the mix. We were all happy, Kat. We were all starting to go back to our regular lives. Now, I may lose Erelin.” I said drinking down a glass full of wine.

“Brendon we will get Pete and Erelin back. You called the others right?” She asked me.
“I called everyone. They will be out patrolling for us tomorrow. Amanda wants to stay here just in case Pete got away or something and came here. I told her I would stay here with her so she didn’t have to be alone. But you need to go out. It is your job.” I said pissed off to her.

“You really care about Amanda, don’t you?” Kat asked.

“I care a lot. She saved my life and she hooked me up with the love of my life. I would do anything for her. She doesn’t deserve this and neither does Erelin. Erelin’s probably freaking out right now.” I said sitting on a barstool.

“You and Erelin are really close?” Kat asked.

“We have a bond. It started when we dated but I bit her before we killed Dracula. We have a connection that even now no one can break because of that. I feel her pain and she feels mine, emotionally and physically. She isn’t hurt right now which is good. She is my wife and I love her. It should have been me that they took. I could have handled it.” I said drinking another glass full of wine. “It should have been me!” I said throwing the glass at the wall and watching it shatter into a million pieces.

“Brendon I think I am heading to bed. Try and get some sleep. There is some blankets in the closet over there I noticed. Don’t worry. I will find them.” She said placing her hand on my shoulder then walking upstairs.

I cleaned up my mess and put the wine bottle in the fridge. Why couldn’t it have been me taken? I really hope we find you Erelin.

I went over to the closet and found a blanket and pillow. I curled up on Pete’s favorite couch and laughed a bit. He would be kicking me off he if saw me on it like this.

I laid there wide awake thinking of all the things Erelin and I have done since we defeated Dracula. We got married, went on tour, traveled the world a bit, and were happy. Finally, I found some peace and drifted into sleep.

However, I woke up having trouble breathing. Something wasn’t right. I couldn’t feel Erelin anymore and that meant only one thing. Erelin was gone.