How Dark Is the Night?

Visions

(Erelin’s POV)
“Hey, how did it go?” Brendon asked me as I crawled into bed beside him.

“Well, Chrissy is doing better. I explained about what Amanda was going through and though it was not an excuse, she was sorry. Amanda has a lot on her mind that I think none of us realizes. Brendon, she thought she should be the one dead, not Kat. That is not healthy. I think I calmed her down some but she needs to sleep.” I said.

“And how are you doing Mrs. Urie?” Brendon said lying beside me with his head on my shoulder.

“I’m good, just a little worn out. Brendon, I think its best if I just rest right now. I love you but fun time is over for the day.” I said turning off the lamp on the nightstand and rolling over.

“Fine. Goodnight, Erelin.” Brendon said kissing my forehead and rolling over to his side of the bed.

“Goodnight, Brendon.” I replied.

I sighed. How was I going to figure out what I see? Amanda has to be right, though. What is the point of having these visions unless there is an important meaning behind my visions? There has to be clues in them.

I drifted off to sleep. I started to dream or at least I thought it was a dream. It turns out this dream is a vision.

I saw Volkmar holding Kat in his arms. There was a party going on in a new mansion. The ballroom had a lit chandelier, and big windows with a pool outside. There was a tree maze as well. I saw Micah and he was weak from having not enough blood and tied up in the corner of the room while Volkmar was having his celebration.

Then I saw Amanda in the center of the room looking pale. Her face was blank and she was wearing black. No! She had fresh bite marks on her neck. This was not going to happen. I will not let it.

Then my vision jumped to another. I wanted to see more of the other one. I wanted to see how and why Amanda was there. Instead, I jumped into what appeared to be a small wedding. Ahh, it was Andy and Chrissy’s wedding. Well, at least she will be happy to know there will not be any vampire attacks towards us on their wedding day.

I woke up and looked at the clock. It was four am. Brendon was still asleep. I decided I wanted to go and check up on Amanda but I had to move Brendon first. He was lying facing me with his arm draped around me tightly in a protective grip. I had to be very careful not to wake him.

When I had moved him and climbed out of bed, I searched for a notebook and found one. I wrote everything down I dreamed as Amanda told me. It may be useful. The sad part is on my visions they can come anytime when I am awake or dreaming.

I left the room and headed to where Pete and Amanda were staying. I knocked on the door gently careful not to wake her. Pete answered the door.

“Hi, Pete. I’m sorry to wake you.” I said seeing how he had bed head and was half-asleep.

“Is everything all right?” He asked.

“Yeah. I just wanted to check on Amanda. Has she been sleeping ok?” I asked.

“Actually she hasn’t. She has not been dreaming because I have tried to get into her dreams. She is restless. She sleeps for a while, then wakes, tosses and turns before falling back asleep.” He said.

“Well, tell her I need to speak with her when she wakes in the morning.” I said.

“Uh, ok.” Pete said shutting the door as I turned to leave.

I did not want Amanda to be turned. I guess that was what my dream meant but it was still confusing. What did it all mean with what I saw? I need to figure this out but I have to tell Amanda. On a lighter note, there will be a happy wedding.

I decided to blow off some steam and train. I needed to clear my head and prepare myself for whatever else comes my way. The punching bag works wonders.

When I was done, I took a shower and then climbed back into bed. Brendon did not even move in all the time I was away from his side. Well, maybe I can do like Pete and tap into his dreams. Who says a slayer and her vampire boyfriend get to have all the fun.