How Dark Is the Night?

Twins?

(Erelin’s POV)
I woke back up to find Brendon was not in bed with me. I had the most wonderful dream after I drifted back to sleep. What is it about babies? Everyone seems to be getting pregnant around here. I wish I could. I just cannot believe I dreamed I was having twins with Brendon. Like that could ever happen right now. We are both, well, undead.

I got up and fixed my hair, then headed over to Pete and Amanda’s room again. I wanted to see if she was awake yet. I knocked on the door and let myself in when I heard Pete say it was ok. I found no Amanda but I did find my husband with Pete in here.

“Good morning sweetie.” Brendon said walking over to me and kissing my lips.

“Did you happen to dream anything by any chance last night?” I asked as I pulled away.

“Um, other then about you, no.” Brendon replied.

“There weren’t any children involved?” I pressed hoping we had the same dream.

“Nope.” Brendon replied wrapping his arms around me.

“Oh.” I said dejected.

“If you are looking for Amanda she is not here. Chrissy dragged her out of here a few hours ago dress shopping. I think Sam is with them too.” Pete said sitting on his bed with a notebook in hand.

“Actually I was but you will do. Brendon can you excuse us? I need to talk to Pete alone about something.” I said hoping Brendon would not question me why.

“Yeah, I guess.” He replied dejected and letting go of me. “Andy and Patrick are going to our apartment to pick up some clothes for tonight.” Brendon said.

“Is that a good thing to send to males over to pick out something for a girl?” I asked a little worried.

“Relax, Patrick picks out stuff for Sam all the time.” Brendon said heading out the door. Ok, now I was worried.

Pete got up and patted for me to have a seat on the bed. He then went shut and locked the bedroom door. I did not know how to put this to him but I really needed to talk to him about my visions since he has a gift of his own.

“If I tell you something can you promise me that you will not tell Brendon or anyone else for that matter? It involves Amanda and she already knows. She read my mind last night.” I said.

“Oh, I guess I promise. You are not like, going to leave Brendon or anything are you? Then I would have to tell.” Pete said confused.

“What! No. I love my husband. It’s nothing like that.” I said.

“Then what is it?” Pete said picking up his notebook and writing things down.

“What are you writing?” I asked not meaning to change the subject.

“I am writing some things down for Alex and in between some songs.” Pete said blushing that I noticed he was writing again.

“Oh. Well I need to talk to Amanda about what I saw in my dreams last night. Pete, you know how you can hear vampires’ thoughts and Amanda’s? Well, I have visions in both dreams and when I am not dreaming. Most of my visions have not come true but that does not mean that they will not. I am a little worried about what I saw last night.” I replied.

“How long have you had these visions?” Pete asked.

“Since I was turned anf figured out this is what they are.” I replied.

I proceeded to tell him all about the dream and about ones, I have had in the past. I told him about my Kat one and that I did not take it seriously, because none of the other ones happened. I also told him about what Amanda had said about writing them down after I see something. Pete agreed that there might be a clue in them.

Then it hit me that maybe nothing will happen to Amanda but I dreamed her that way, just because of what Pete told me and everyone else last night about her dream of Kat dying as Amanda rested. The mansion she was in is the same as what I saw and Amanda was standing in the middle of the floor as in her dream. Kat was dead in Volkmar’s arms. This must mean that this is where Amanda will fight Volkmar maybe?

I told Pete my theory and he told me I should compare notes with Amanda when she returns. I sighed. I hope Amanda will be all right.

“Well, at least Chrissy and Andy will have a happy ending.” I replied.

“That is if this vision comes true tonight. I hope that it will. Andy needs this to go smoothly. Chrissy is already demanding as it is about this. I would hate to see the wrath she would inflict on a vampire if something did happen. Wait, who am I kidding I would want to be in the front row with popcorn to watch that.” Pete said laughing.

“Oh, Peter!” I said laughing with him.

“Amanda is going to be fine.” Pete assured me. “Just try to tune into your visions more.” Pete replied.

“Do you think I passed this down to Brendon?” I asked.

“Is that what you are afraid of that he can see things too?” Pete asked.

“Well, I don’t want to hurt his feelings if he doesn’t have an ability.” I replied.

“He has super strength. I am strong but last night as we were training, I found that he is stronger then me, Erelin. I think that is ability. I used to have that. I helped make Amanda stronger before she went up against Dracula by transferring my energy to her. He may have to help Amanda. I do not like the fact that he may have to bite her later but if it helps defeat Volkmar then I cannot complain. I will tell you this, when you drink the blood of a slayer you feel and act stronger. Amanda has made me physically stronger. That is what draws vampires to slayers. They are not in it just for the kill but because they become superior to other vampires. If Kat is dead, then Volkmar is surely stronger then he was before.” Pete sighed.

“Well, that is gross to think about. No, I will not bite Amanda. In addition, the thought of Brendon doing that makes me shudder. I can’t believe vampires get off on slayers blood.” I said shaking my head.

“Did you see you and Brendon having twins or was it a dream?” Pete asked me taking me by surprised.

“I think I saw it. Brendon didn’t obviously dream it even though I tried hard to tap into his dreams last night.” I said.

“Well, when this mess is all over and I hope it does come true, but if you have boys, they are not to come near my daughter.” Pete replied making laugh.