The Obsession

19.

Ryan was shocked, I could tell by his face. He was visibly shaking, he suddenly began to mutter incoherent things, and before I knew it, he was crying. Hard. I wrapped my arms around his thin frame; letting him sob his eyes out for everything that went on last night..

"G-George, how.. Why did you let me get drunk? Why did you marry me when I was drunk?"

(Before you ask, I edited out a lot of the story for Ryan. He'll never know about the pills, the fake ID, the objection to drinking a margarita, or the fact that we were supposed to be a 'Fall Out Boy' concert instead.)

"Because, dear, you were just so persistent on it, that I decided to let you learn the hard way. Now, you have." He gives me a blank, confused look before whispering, "I'm such an idiot. This is all my fault."

"Yes, it is your fault baby. You were the one who convinced me to marry you when you were drunk. You were the one who got drunk and took an advantage me. I never did anything wrong, this whole situation is all your fault." I whispered into his ear.

Amazingly, he believed it. "It is." he muttered, then asked, "Where are we? When are we going home?"

I chuckle at him before responding calmly, "Well, we are at the Hilton Garden Inn near the airport and we are never going home."

He pulls away from me and gasps at this in shock and disbelief. He seems to have problems believing I lied about liking the people in our old neighborhood. He seems to have problems believing that we are leaving.

"But what about our stuff? What about the bills you still have to pay and..and what about your job?! Do you even know what you're doing?" he says in disbelief, some rage, and pure confusion.

"Sh, baby, I do know what we're doing. But just to let you know, drunks who make stupid decisions are not allowed to make any at all from now on. And last time I checked, you are a drunk who a stupid decision, so therefore, your opinion does not matter." Ryan looks to the ground in shame. Tears swell up in his pretty eyes whilst he mutters, "I'm sorry. I never wanted to be so bad."

"That's okay baby. But you have to more careful next time." He nods. I get up, pop two pills into my hand, and immediately throw them into the glass of water I had gotten for him. Watching the pills dissolve quickly and effortlessly made me only think about the perfect relationship I have with Ryan. And how it will get even better.

"Babe, I got you a drink." I tell him softly so his pretty little head won't hurt.

"Thank you." I grin as I stand up and go to take my shower.

My showers are not long, I am in only for fifteen minutes then I am out. When I got out, I saw him sitting on the edge of the bed looking tired and sick.

"Honey, we have to catch our plane."

Knowing he won't respond to me, I lift him up into my arms bridal style, and checked out of the hotel. I have planned for this day ever since he was born.. The day when we would go on our honeymoon and go back to our new home.

I put him into the back seat of my car and drive off. I'm not going too fast because of my angel in the backseat, but I still cannot afford to be caught by cops on the highway for going too slow.

I pull up to the air port; my friend Dave is standing there, ready to help me with the luggage. I give him my luggage in silence and he takes it. I carry Ryan bridal style into the airport, but wake him up as soon as possible.

"Ryan? Ryan, Ryan get up!" I shake him five times then he eventually wakes up. He blinks for a few seconds while I get him out of my arms and onto the ground. He is standing, but still needs me by his side to support him. (As how it should always be)

How the fuck we even manage to get past security and everything, just confuses me. But Ryan pulled himself through it. His excuse being, "I'm tired." whenever they asked him how he was feeling.

I kissed him as we waited to get on the plane.

"George.. I'm tired. Really tired." he mumbles out.

"Just stay awake for a little while longer, babe."

He lets out a small involuntary groan. I sigh. When will it be time for us to go the plane?

Lucky us, we get in the line and are not too far behind it. "Ryan, honey, this will be the best vacation ever." I whisper into his ear. He already looks more tired and deathly pale than ever by the time when it is our turn to hand the lady our tickets.

"Are you sure he is feeling well enough to fly?" she asks.

"Yes, I'm sure. He's just a little tired." I tell her.

She nods, then lets us go on the plane. Picking out a seat in the far back, I get Ryan situated into the seat as well as myself and await for the plane to take off. The moment the plane took off, my heart soared higher than what it was when I got married to Ryan.. Who was passed out.