The Obsession

23.

Ryan was soon relocated into Florida just as he had demanded. He still had some sense of paranoia, though. For example, every time he takes a shower he thinks his father or some other sick pervert is watching him. Or when he sleeps he gets that gross, frightened feeling of being watched and photographed.

He gets so scared of living alone that he calls up one of his friends.

"Bren?"

"Ryan? Hey man! It's been, like, forever. Where were you? Are you okay? Where are you now?" Brendon asked in surprise.

"Brendon, you cannot tell anyone ever! Not Spencer, not Brent, not Jon.. No one. Got it?" Ryan said in a low whisper; thinking that his dad was listening into the conversation.

"Alright Ry. Spill it."

His breathing became uneven as he told his friend, "My dad.. Um, he got me drunk on my eighteenth birthday and he m-married me. He took me to some place in California and I had no idea what was going on the whole time and I was really scared and-and then he tied me down to-to this bed and blindfolded me.." he stops to let out a sob, "Then he sexually harassed me in my sleep."

He breaks down crying, and Brendon is left thinking, That bastard! How dare he hurt Ryan like that? He's his son; how could he do this to him!

Ryan regains some of his composure and goes on to say, "I woke up in Lacie's place and she got me relocated so he can't ever find me. But I'm scared, Brenny, because he's still out there and no one has found him yet and I think he is watching me."

Brendon sighed heavily; he wants to go but he can't.

"Move in with me, please? I'm living in Florida and-"

"Ry, I can't."

"Why not?"

"Because I have to take some final tests for college." Ryan feels more tears escape his eyes, then Brendon tells him, "Ask Spencer. He should be able to help you."

He hangs up and calls up Spencer. Yet eve though he tells Spencer everything, Spencer tells him, "I can't come because Hayley is giving birth to my baby. Sorry Ry." He calls up Brent, but Brent tells him, "I don't wanna live in Florida! Sorry, Ry, try Jon."

Ryan feels like quitting altogether by the time he calls up Jon.

"J-Jon?"

"Ryan? What's wrong?" he asks with concern.

He sniffled a bit before choking out, "Could you move to Florida and move in with me? Please?"

Jon is silent then asks, "Why?"

"My dad has been sexually harassing me my whole life and I am scared because they haven't found him and I don't want to be raped. I really don't want to be raped and I think he is watching me right now and Jon, I need you right now. Please, move in with me." Ryan cried out.

Jon is silent for five minutes, then he says, "When should I fly out there? Next Monday or this Sunday?"

Ryan lets out a huge breath of relief, "This Sunday."

"Okay then, I'll see you then."

"See you."

He hangs up and sits down on the couch to watch Desperate Housewives. (Long story short, shows about crime and law bring back too many memories of his own past.) Suddenly, he hears a camera flash.

Jumping off of the couch and looking out of every window and into every closet, he believes that someone out there is watching him. That someone being his own father. He looks out the kitchen only to see a man not too much older than him standing out there.

"Hey beautiful!" screams the man.

Ryan looks at the man some more before saying, "Why did you take a picture of me?"

The man grins and in response tells him, "My name is Adam Levine," he throws Ryan a card with his number on it, "call me up sometime and we can talk or something."

Ryan glares at Adam as he tells him with a low growl, "Don't take pictures of me when I am in my home, okay?"

"Promise."

"And one more thing."

"What?"

Ryan slams the window shut and for the rest of the night thinks about Adam and Jon. Maybe one of them could help him.. Maybe one of them could get his father away from him for good.