The Obsession

24.

Jon came over to Florida on Sunday and situated himself into Ryan's place very well. The only problem? There was only one bedroom. Ryan had insisted Jon to take it, but he just acted like a gentleman and allowed Ryan to have the bedroom.

Sure, he was situated, but he still had a few questions to ask.

Questions along the lines of: 'Why did you want me here?' and 'Why were you crying so hard when you asked me to come over?'

But, he never could ask that in a way subtle enough for Ryan to not become a crying mess because he was not good with words. And to make matters all the more worse, there was that Adam guy whom he despised.

Why Adam? Simple; Adam somehow found some way to befriend Ryan. Not to mention his magical ability of being good with words.. So, when Adam calls up and Jon answers, he is not in a good mood.

"Hey! Is beautiful there?"

Jon cringes at the sound of his voice and tells him as gently as he could, "Yes, he is."

He hands over the phone to Ryan, who gratefully receives it.

"Hello?.. Adam! Hi, how are you? Really? Sweet, I am doing better now that Jon is here with me. So, what is up?"

Jon stopped after that point. He had developed a crush on Ryan and hated the idea of him talking to a man whore--sorry, Adam.

Lost in his own little world, he soon hears the phone being hung up.

"Ryro, hey what is going on with man-ho, I mean, Adam." Ryan grinned at him and asked, "Why do you want to know?"

"Because.. I get, well, worried over you."

Ryan's face turns a shade of pink and he places his head on Jon's shoulder. They stay there like that for at least an hour, before Jon suddenly asks, "Why did you want me to move out here? Why didn't you ask Gerard or Frank or someone else?"

Ryan's face and mood fell. He never wanted to burden Jon, he never wanted to make him upset, he just wanted someone to protect him from his dad.

"I don't have Gerard or Frank's number, so I couldn't call them and you know I was never too close to them." Jon nodded in understanding. Ryan continued on to say, "I tried to ask Bren, but he said he couldn't because of college, I tried to ask Spence, but he couldn't because of Hayley.. And well, um, Brent whined about it so you the only one left to call.”

Jon hugged him. Then he asked, “Why do you want me here?”

Ryan gripped onto him, whispered into his ear, “You cannot tell anyone. I did not even tell Spencer or Brent about this.. Just Brendon. Please, don't tell."

Ryan's pouty face just made Jon melt.

"I won't tell."

He took a few breaths, several squirms in his seat next to Jon before the whole reason escaped from his lips along with the tears: "I-I.. My dad did some horrible things to me growing up. He would, um, make me get undressed in front of him and dress me himself. Then he'd take baths with me and kiss me in random places I was uncomfortable with." Ryan took this time to wipe away the tears as he continued on, "He would do such nasty things to me. When he found out about my singing, he just--he made me suck him off and he would.."

He stopped there. He chose to remain silent for a few moments; pondering whether or not to tell Jon about what his horrible hell dad did to him. Pondering whether or not to tell him the one thing he did not tell Brendon.

"Ryan, you don't have to say it. I understand why you want me here and-" Ryan cut him off with a, "He would try to suck me off. He touched my dick, fondled with it, sucked it, licked it, bit it.. A bunch of shit. Then he got me drunk and made me believe that we were legally wed. Lacie stepped in, he tried to take me god knows where, the authorities have not found him yet and Jon, I am scared!" he cried out at the end.

Jon sighed, engulfed him in a hug, and whispered, "He won't get you. Believe me, he won't."

"How do.. How do you know this? How do you know that he won't get me, how do you know that he won't do this shit to me again, how do you know that you won't run when he grabs out a gun?" Jon let out a simple smile before pecking his forehead.

"Because, no matter what, I am here to protect you. And I'll make sure that sick son of a bitch never lays his hands on you ever again."