The Obsession

27.

I woke up alone, in my home which I now share with former enemy Lacie. Yawning, I got out of bed and went into the kitchen to make myself some cereal when I hear a "George! Be careful of the puppy!" Puppy?

I look down and see just about the cutest little thing ever..

"Lacie, will this make him forgive me?" I whisper to her.

She looks down at it, switching the subject with a, "So, George, what do you think of her?" The puppy gave me a weird look (which was surprisingly cute).

"She's..cute. Very cute." Just like Ryan.

Lacie grins before picking up the little puppy. "I'm taking her to the vet to get her shots done. So, if you need me, just call my cell and George, you're going to have to pack and clean up the whole house today. Okay?"

I groan before nodding. Sure, I don't like the idea, but what the hell? There's worse things I could be doing.. Like her. I kiss her on the cheek and tell her goodbye before she leaves.

Truth of the matter be told, I went to the cheapest shrink out there in the whole damn state. Another truth being that the shrink I saw is not a real shrink. He's a drug dealer and he got me those ejaculation pills. How do I get away with it? Simple, I just lie to Lacie.

I tell her, "Lace, it's something I need to do alone. I need to be stronger if I ever want to conquer this and if I want to do this then I need to do it alone just to feel like as if I accomplished something."

She buys it. She's been buying it for the last year, so I am guessing she'll just believe my every little word now.

I cleaned up the house: from the floors to the ceilings. Quickly, I went over to my room and packed up everything I needed. While I will not tell everything I packed, I did pack this one particular item.. You know, in case if Ryan misses me and wants our relationship to start up again, I decided that I would need a few condoms.

Its better to be safe than sorry. And with my angel, I just want to be safe.

I wonder how he is now.. In that instant the phone rang and I grudgingly answered it. I'd rather be day dreaming of Ryan than answering some stupid phone..

"Hello?"

"George?" My heart skipped fifteen beats. It was Ryan! My lovely, perfect Ryan!

"Ryan, honey how are you?" I asked with a grin on my face.

He was hesitant in responding. How could I tell? I heard him ask that Jon guy, 'Should I talk to him? Jon, I don't think I can.' But lucky for me, that idiot told him to.

"I am...good. And you?"

"Good as well."

He was quiet for a few minutes as was I. "Hon, I know you are frightened of me, but I promise, I am at my best now. I won't ever do those things to you ever again."

"How can you expect me to talk to you? Don't you even know what hell you put me through? All the times you made me give you oral sex and all the times you forced it on me. Or the times when you lied to everybody about the reason why I wasn't allowed to go to school or parties or weddings or anything! How can you honestly expect me to think that I will just forgive you in an instant! You hurt me bad, George. You really did and you don't even seem to realize it.." He was crying by the end of his little rant.

All I could tell him was this: "Honey, I don't expect you to forgive me. I don't. I do know what I did to you. I really, really do.. All I want is to say goodbye to you for a final time before exiting your life permanently."

I could hear him sniffle, then he replied with a harsh: "Then don't come to Florida."

"I need to."

"No you don't! Stay the fuck away from me and never, ever call me ever again!" he shrieked before hanging up on me.

I sighed. My baby is being to over dramatic. But maybe when I see him, he'll be better.

***

We were outside an apartment in Florida the next day with the puppy in a carrier and the suitcases on our hands. We entered the building and took an elevator up to the second floor.

We walked down a long hallway before we found room 268. Lacie nudged me as if saying, 'Knock on the door'. I knocked once, then twice, and saw the beautiful man I fell in love with once open the door and stare at me with wide fear filled eyes.