The Obsession

03.

Where are we at right now? Simple; a nice restaurant that I took Ryan's mother to on our first date together. The difference? Ryan is cuter, funnier, wittier, and more beautiful than his mother could ever be. Or anyone else for that matter.

"Daddy, what are oysters?" he asks when he is done reading the menu.

"Oysters are a type of seafood, baby." I explain to him. His mother loved oysters. Well, before she died at least. I think it is foolish to blame a child for the death of their mother. What did they do wrong? What did they do to deserve to be treated like crap? Nothing; that's what.

"Daddy, isn't that Lacie?"

Shit. I thought I got rid of her.

"George, hi." she says too sweetly, "Ryan, hello. How are things going for you?"

"Good." he whispers. Lacie always scared him for some reason.

"George, can I talk to him alone?"

No way you fucking bitch! He's my boy and only I can talk to him alone!

But, I do not say that because of my little angel sitting right there. Instead, I opt for, "Sorry, Lacie, but we're about ready to order..and Ryan isn't feeling that good."

"Oh." she responds; then she ruffles his hair and walks away.

I glance at Ryan, who looks a little bit uncomfortable being here. Maybe it's because he isn't used to places like these, but oh well. He'll get over it; especially when we go to the movie.

"Daddy, Lacie said to me that you watching me get dressed, taking a bath with me, and kissing me on the chest is wrong. I-Is it?" he ask with a little stammer at the end.

I drop my menu and stare at him for a while. When the hell did she say this? Why did she say this to my angel? My only love, my only thing left.

"When did she say this to you, angel?" I ask gently; my fingertips smoothly caressing his jawline and cheeks.

"When I was six. So, is she right, daddy?"

I sighed deeply. Yet, that is to my hide my inner rage. Lacie will surely pay for this. Believe me, she will.

"No, sweetie, she was lying to you. She's a liar, remember?"

"Oh.." he doesn't sound like as if he's convinced, but I'll convince him later on. The waiter comes by and takes our orders before he rushes off to get our food.

When my wine comes and Ryan's water is here, the waiter leaves yet again to get our food this time. I stare at him for a while and just want to touch him. I want to kiss him, I want to hold him, I want so much from him.

"Honey, do you know what would make your drink taste better?" I ask him.

He looks up at me and replies, "What daddy?"

I grin and grab out a few pills. "These will."

"What are those daddy?"

"These are sugar cubes in the form of pills." I tell my sweet, darling baby. He glances at them and looks up at me. "I'll..think about it, daddy." he whispers.

"Good boy. Now, daddy will be back in five minutes okay?" I tell him as I stand up to go use the restroom. Hopefully Lacie is gone..

-Ryan's POV-

I am sitting here; thinking about what daddy said about Lacie and those pills. They looked icky. Maybe I should take them, for daddy, not me. Daddy loves me enough to protect me from bullies and things like that, so why can't I do him a favor? It's what mommy would probably want.

"Ryan, hi."

I look up and see Lacie sitting in daddy's chair.

"Hi Lacie, how are you today?" I ask.

"I am good. So, how is your daddy treating you?"

I don't know what to say. Daddy has been treating me greatly my whole life; why does everyone think he is mean to me? Why does everyone think that Daddy wants to hurt me? Daddy would never hurt me; he loves me.

"Um. Well, daddy is treating me greatly. Lacie, daddy is not mean to me and he does not want to hurt me. I know my daddy better than anyone. He would never hurt me."

She just laughed quietly for a while, then asked, "If he loves so much, then why is trying to drug your drink?"

I am confused. What is a drug? What is she talking about? These pills are sugar pills; daddy said so.

"Lacie, daddy says you're not supposed to talk to me." I tell her nicely.

She just glares at the pills in my hand and rips two of them away from me. She walked away and out of the restaurant with the pills. I wonder why she is so mean to daddy. Daddy never did anything bad. Daddy never did and he never will.

-back to normal POV-

I got out of the restroom and sat down back at the table where the food now was. Ryan was just picking at his food; his eyes diverted away from me. I had a few bites of my steak before asking him, "What is wrong, babe? Are you feeling sick?"

"Lacie says you're trying to drug me and hurt me." he muttered while still picking at his food.

"Honey, I would never do such a thing! Never to my own boy!" I say in disbelief. How dare she accuse me of deliberately trying to drug my angel, my life! That whore is going to pay for this..

"I knew you wouldn't daddy." he responds; his eyes bright and his eating habits back to normal.

I smile a bit before continuing on with my meal. After five minutes, I am hearing all about my baby's day and how it went. I am also hearing about Brent. Damn that kid. Damn him for hogging my beauty. Damn him for having Ryan meet that Spencer kid. Damn him.

We get done with our meals and exit the restaurant hand-in-hand. He looks up at me with those amber eyes and I melt inside. He is just so precious and pretty.. I could kiss him, but that is for the end of the date.

The moment he yawns, I know he had taken the pill. He soon gently pulls on my arm while slightly stumbling a bit. I cannot resist holding him, so I did. I carried him back home, got him completely undressed and cleaned him up in the bathtub.

"Daddy, why am I in the tub?" he yawned.

"Because dearie, you got dirty and needed to be cleaned up."

He trusts me enough to believe my every little lie, so he falls back to sleep when I get him dressed in his pajamas. I take him to his room and set him down on my bed. Stare at him a little bit. Then for twenty minutes. Then for forty minutes. Then for an hour.

My hands get curious about his body, so they roam freely over his smooth pale skin. My lips connect with his, break off and kiss his neck.

This is love. This is right. This completely acceptable. Just as long as I don't do anything sexual then it is legal. Then no one can do anything about it. Then I'll be able to love my baby without anyone in the way.

Even his little friends.. If I have to get rid of them, I will. Oh, believe me, I'll get rid of them if it comes down to it. In the end, they are all just out there trying to hurt and taint my angel with their imperfections. And I for one, will not let that happen to my beauty. Ever.