The Obsession

35.

Brendon was not talking to Jon at all that night. True, he had to sleep on the floor across from the couch that Jon had slept on, but still, that didn't mean he was going to talk to him. Not after what happened with Ryan, anyway..

He was sitting on a chair at the table, reading some magazine when Jon came in with a little brown book in his hands.

"Bren, Ryan told me on the day I left that he wanted you to read this.." he trailed off, then threw the book on the table. "And I think you should."

Brendon stared at the book, then at Jon again, before asking, "Why? Is it something-"

"Just read it."

Brendon picked up the book reluctantly. What if Jon was lying about this? What if he had written this book, then lied to him about Ryan wanting him to read it?

He decided to take his chances and read the book.

*

Ryan was in his room; perfectly alone in the same position he had been in when Brendon was there. He tugged at his shirt sleeve for the god-knows-how-many million time that evening. He then heard a loud rock hit his bedroom window.

He walked over to it and saw Adam down with a grin on his face.

"Hey beautiful!" he called up there.

Ryan just stared at the man below as he climbed up the tree nearest to his bedroom window. He was soon up there and he had the biggest smile on his face.. But it faded away when he saw Ryan.

"Are you okay?"

He nods.

"Are you sure?"

Nods again, sits on bed.

"Ryan, I know you are not okay. Please tell me what is wrong?"

His head is buried into the pillow. Adam notices the stench of sex and blood on both Ryan and his entire room.

"What happened?" he asked softly.

Ryan laid there for a few moments, then for the first time in a while, took off his ski mask.

"What does it look like to you, Adam?" The bitterness in the younger boys voice made Adam feel slightly scared, but his face just made him crack.

The skin was paler than usual, his eyes were dark and lifeless abysses, the blood and the dried on com in his hair just seemed to exploit what had happened. Nevertheless, he felt sick when he looked at him.

"R-Ryan? Is that you?"

The dark eyes were soon letting out tears while he sobbed out, "This is me, Adam! I am sorry if it is, but I cannot change that. Why did you even come here? What do you see in me, I am a fucking wreck! Adam, please, leave. It'd be the best for you if you weren't burdened by..by this monster I have become! Please, Adam, leave."

Adam sighed heavily before pulling him into a deep hug.

"Ryan," he whispered, "you are not a monster. Jon is for doing this to you. I know that you are hurting, but please, Ry, let me help."

He pushed Ryan out of the hug, then pulled him into his lap.

"Stop crying, baby, you're too pretty to cry." he said with a small laugh as he wiped away Ryan's tear.

Ryan's face was still blank, but for a moment, the darkness had slightly melted in his eyes. It did not take long for him to realize who was his savior. It did not take him long at all to realize that Adam is his only hope for moving on with his life and out of the past.

*

Brendon could not finish the book Ryan had written. It was too..creepy, eerie, dark for him. And also, the fact that Mr. Ross had been doing that shit to him this damn long made him sick to his stomach.

"Jon," he had entered the room with an emotionless face, "I can't.. Read it anymore. I just can't. His life is too..saddening and-"

Jon gave him a nod of understanding. Brendon set the book down on the table where he had been reading it and let out a sigh. All he can do now is hope that Ryan will accept therapy or something. He just cannot live in his room forever.

*

Ryan was on the bed as Jon and Brendon were talking. He was in Adam's arms and was cuddling up to him. He needed to be held right now due to fact that he had never been held without having his ass pinched or grabbed.

"Ryan, what happened to you?" Adam asked again.

Ryan sighed, then shook his head before muttering bitterly, "Dad."

Adam was silent. A father would never do that to his own child! Let alone someone as sweet as Ryan.

It had to have been Jon.

"Are you sure it wasn't Jon sweetheart?"

Ryan shattered at the question. How could Adam not believe him?

"I-It was my dad! Jon left to go to a hotel and I was getting dressed and he came in here and this happened!" he replied in shock.

Adam then asked, "Ryan, do you want to go to a counselor or something? You know, someone who could help you?"

Ryan shattered yet again. How could Adam be like this?

"No!" he shouted, "I want you to help me, Adam! Not some shrink who will take an advantage of me and molest me! Please, please, Adam don't make me go to one!"

"I cannot help you, though.."

"Yes you can, just please, don't make me leave. I don't wanna leave." he sobbed.

All he could do was stay there and let Ryan cuddle the death out of him. Sure, he still thought Jon did it and Ryan was just trying to cover up for him. Yet, it did not stop him from having this strange sense of care and pity for poor, broken Ryan. And he had a feeling that he was going to remain broken till the day he met his grave.