The Obsession

36.

Ryan had gone to the police to tell them what had happened. Needless to say, this came with a lot of testing and whatnot, along with the painful interrogation. Every last detail he remembered, he told them. Every little scene that played over and over again in his head, he told them. He came back home to Brendon, Jon, Adam, and Hobo (his puppy) to await for the call. The call saying that George finally was caught.. He kept his hopes up high; believing they could catch him. Whereas Jon and Brendon doubted it. Hell, no one even knew why the fuck he chose to go the police all-of-a-sudden. Then Brendon remembered what Ryan had told him and he realized the reason why.

He was no longer going to give his father control over his life by being consumed in the pain he had thrust upon him. He was finally free.

Ryan grinned as he walked down the street with Adam holding his hand and Hobo walking by his side. He never thought his life would get so put together like this. He never thought he could actually just be happy for once in his life.

"Baby?" Adam asked randomly.

"What is it, Adam?" he replied.

Adam gave out a little groan to himself; how should he go about this? How should he tell the skinny boy standing next to him what is on his mind right now?

He cleared out his throat and went on to say: "You know how we have been together for three months now?"

Ryan nodded.

"Well, um, I was wondering if you wanted to, uh, um.. You-You know.. Move in with me."

Ryan was silent and this made Adam think he had rejected the idea. Another moment or two of silence later, and he finally had a response for the scared, anxious man standing next to him.

"Sure. I mean, there's nothing wrong with that. Just as long as.." he stopped speaking for a brief moment. Which caused Adam to worry and say, "What?" Ryan whispered into his ear, "Just as long as you can... protect me. From George. I-I can't go through it again."

Adam embraced him in a hug and muttered softly, "I won't ever dare leave you alone when you are feeling the least frightened."

"Good." Ryan replied with a small smile and a kiss on Adam's cheek.

Adam blushed a bit when he saw some people (one of those people being Jon) in the park staring at them. Most of them looked like as if they thought it was hot, whereas Jon looked jealous and there's nothing Adam loves more than making Jon jealous.

So, what does he do?

He takes Ryan into his left arm and kisses him with pure passion on the lips, knowing that Jon is boiling with jealousy. And enjoying every last ounce of jealousy Jon is experiencing.

*
"He kisses him just to make me jealous, Bren! I think he just wants me to be jealous." Jon complained on the phone to Brendon.

(True, Brendon was still pissed at Jon, but after Ryan convinced him to forgive him, he kinda did. But not fully.)

Brendon rolls his eyes. Only he could tell Jon 'You're too goddamn late to make Ryan yours! Get over it!' and that he did.

"You're too goddamn late to make Ryan yours! Get the fuck over it already! God, Jon, you're more annoying than The View and I hate the The View." Brendon shouted.

*

Ryan and Hobo were now living with Adam. Adam seemed to love him very much. Adam seemed to care a lot. But all it took was this incident to mess it all the fuck up.

Long story short, Adam wanted sex. Ryan didn't. Adam wanted marriage. Ryan didn't. Adam wanted kids. Ryan wanted another puppy.

They broke up and Ryan was back in his old place, but was met by a rather strange email..

*

"Brendon?" Ryan called out on night.

"Yeah?"

"Do you know who.. mr.wilkson54@yahoo.com is?" he asked while on the computer; reading the strange email.

"No."

All Ryan could do then was respond with a: 'stop emailing me!' before attending to the little puppy who was barking and giving him the kicked dog look when he came over to her.

"What's wrong girl?" he asked her.

She jumped into his arms, he sighed. He went out into the living and smiled to himself at the sight he saw. Jon and Brendon playing video games together again. He never, ever thought that having these two move in with him would make things feel so right. But he was wrong.

He sat down next to Jon (Hobo in he arms) and leaned his head upon his shoulder. No, he wasn't falling for him. No, he shouldn't be. They're roommates now and roommates cannot date roommates.

"Jonny?" he asked quietly.

"Yeah?"

"I feel cold."

"Then sit on the beach.. I'm about to beat Brendon and I cannot bother to--" he was too late. Brendon already won. "Ah shit!" he screamed.

"I won! Yay!" Brendon was all over the place now. And to top it off, he went off to get himself some energy drink that would keep him up all night.

Jon sighed. Ryan stood up, got out a blanket, and got on a light coat.

"Where are you going?"

"To the beach." he replied simply.

"Where all the pervs, horny bastards, and freaks can look at you and masterbate to thoughts of you? Na-uh, I'm coming with you." Jon got on his coat and followed the thin boy over to the beach.

Ryan set the blanket down near this beautiful spot where one could see the sunset perfectly. Jon grinned to himself. Moments like these with Ryan always made him feel good. Especially when Ryan leaned in on his chest and let his head rest there.

Of course, there were some horny bitches there who were hooting at Ryan. In other words, they were shouting things like, 'You're sexy!', 'Woo, baby, yeah take your shirt off!' and the one that made Jon nearly beat up the guy who said it was 'Come over here and dance for me, baby!'

The hooting was still going on when Ryan had set down the blanket and was playing with Hobo. As you all guessed, Jon was sick of it.

"Hey guys, leave him alone." he told the men.

"Why?" asked one.

"Because he just wants to get out and have some fun on the beach without some people making these loud, obnoxious comments to him." Jon growled at the cocky man with the cocky smirk on his face.

"Okay then. I'll leave him alone."

Jon went back to the blanket and watched in wanting as Ryan played some sort of fetch with his puppy. (More of like, the puppy not actually getting the ball, and Ryan left saying, 'Go get the ball girl.' then having to just get it himself.) Right when he had gotten splashed by a rather large wave, a rather large man got on top of him and began to kiss him.

"Get the hell off him!" Jon shrieked while running over to Ryan's side.

The little puppy was enraged at the stranger as was Jon. The man just said in response, "Sorry sir, but I was so attracted to his wetness and..hotness. If he didn't want this to happen, then he shouldn't have worn those tight jeans and that t-shirt."

"Oh, so now you are saying that he asked for it?"

"No, I am just saying that he should think about what he wears before going out in public."

Jon punched the guy in the eye before helping Ryan off the sand. "C'mon Ryry, let's go." he muttered.

The man was pissed off, so he ran up to Jon and hit him back. Jon was still pretty damn pissed at the guy, so he wound kicking him in the balls the moment he said tauntingly, "Oh, what, too afraid that your little boyfriend will leave a pussy like you for a man like me?"

Ryan kissed Jon's cheek when they were a few blocks away from the apartment.

"Thank you."

"No problem, and if you are cold, you can take a long, hot shower and then we can cuddle up in a blanket and watch whatever movie you want." Ryan smiled then whispered into his ear, "That sounds great."