The Obsession

37.

Ryan had fallen asleep into Jon's arms on a warm July night and Brendon had almost fully forgiven Jon for what he did to Ryan. Especially when he heard him whisper, "I'll do my best to protect you, honest. I will never, ever let you fall again."

Brendon sat down beside him quietly, not saying anything at all. He sighed inwardly to himself before whispering to Jon, "Do you love him?"

Jon slowly nodded as he replied, "Yeah. I know I fucked it up the last time.. But this will be different. I will never hurt him again."

"Just try to keep this little promise, okay? I don't ever want to see Ryan get hurt again."

*

A random person on the internet had been emailing Ryan lately and it was starting to scare him. Sure, it was kinda funny at first that someone could take such an interest in him. Then it just got downright disturbing.

"Why are you messaging me, again?" Ryan asked to himself.

He opened the email which was entitled, 'Its not over'. The message itself said:

To my one and only Ryan; our relationship has never ended. It only strengthened over time and having sexual contact with each other made it that much better. I guess I can say that I am heartbroken for your decision to be with Jon over me. But, again, our relationship is not over so, if I were you, I'd stop seeing him or else you will face dire consequences for cheating on me. Understand? Now, I want you to move out and stop talking to him in at least twenty four hours. If you do not, then you will have to face the consequences.

He deleted the email and never logged onto his AOL ever again.

*
Brendon and Jon were getting concerned for Ryan. He was acting stranger by the day.. For instance, he never wanted to go outside alone for fear of 'being kidnapped, raped, and killed by my father'. He never wanted to be alone in the house because he was afraid of his father coming in and murdering him.

Long story short, he was afraid of his dad coming back.

"Ryan-"

"Shut the door!" he exclaimed.

Jon sighed as he did so. He did not understand why he was being so paranoid. Nevertheless, he was going to get to the bottom of this. He sat down beside Ryan on his bed and asked him smoothly, "Are you alright?"

Ryan turned to face him and was crying as he sobbed, "No! I am not fine! My dad found out that I am seeing you and he got mad and now he wants to come back to hurt me. How the fuck do you expect me to be fine?!"

Jon rubbed his back. "Sh.. Baby, its alright."

"No, no its not! Jon, I need to be relocated again. I do not want him anywhere me at all and I do not want him finding out where I live!" Jon nodded, then asked, "Do you want to move back to Nevada?"

Ryan shook his head. There was no way in hell he was going back there again; not where the bad memories are.

"Well, do you want to move out to California?"

"I was thinking New Orleans."

Jon laughed. "What's so funny?"

"Everything, hon! Why New Orleans? Honestly, we'd be safer in California."

"Jon, I just want to-"

He hugged Ryan and told him, "I know you just want to get somewhere away from that monster. But babe, New Orleans is too dangerous. How bout we just move to Northern Cali, okay?"

Ryan nodded.
*
In two weeks, they had moved out to California and they were living in a decent apartment in a decent area of the state. To make sure that George would not find them anywhere, they changed their email addresses and their phone numbers.

Ryan feels safer, but not too safe. He still knows that George is out there and he will not stop till he makes him suffer the consequences of 'cheating' on him. But the question Ryan is wondering, why haven't the police even tried to find him yet?

*
Monday morning, everything was still at the apartment which the three boys and the little puppy shared. Not Ryan at least.

He got up extra early to make himself some coffee when he heard the phone ring. Not wanting to wake up Brendon or Jon, he picked up the phone and answered it with a cool, yet tired, "Hello?"

"Hello, Mister Ross?"

"Who is this?"

"I am deputy Hank Goodman. I am calling to inform you that we have your father, George, in custody."