The Obsession

Afterward

Ryan kisses Jon's lips, he cuddles up close to him and tells him goodnight. I stay there in the shadows waiting for the perfect moment to tell him why I did it. Why I died. He stirs a bit an hour later to use the restroom.

Now's my only chance.

I see him in the bathroom and open the door for myself. I sense fear in his very being as I creep closer to him.

I whisper into his ear, "Don't be afraid... Its me; George. Your father."

He thens begins to hyperventilate. I hug him and it only scares him more.

"Shh.. I can't hurt you anymore. I'm only here to say I'm sorry for the suicide and state the reasons why I did it."

He was literally frozen in fear. So, I began to speak, "I did it because you broke my heart, Ryan, and I realized that..the only way you would love me is if I was dead and stayed dead... I saw your mother when I died. She said I could never leave this earth after I killed myself.. But that's a good thing. Because now I can leave you forever and someday, hopefully, you will love me too."

I hug for a bit then say to him, "Goodbye my lover, goodbye my friend, you have been the one, you have been the one for me. Goodbye my lover, goodbye my friend, you have been the one...you have been the one for me."

I let go of him and leave. Leave to wander the earth forever. I don't know when it will all end, but it has to end at some point, right?

And maybe when I have found the right home for me, then I can stay there till I get the chance to leave this earth.. Yet, one thing you all should know, all good fathers who commit suicide never, ever leave their childs side. They stay there till the day they die. And when they can, they defend them and save them from everything. That is what good fathers do, even in death. But I don't need to do that for Ryan; he has Jon now and Jon will protect him till the day he dies. And I can now say that I glad for that because Ryan deserves the best. And he can't get any better than Jon. Goodbye Ryan, maybe we will meet somewhere someday but for now I am taking off into the tonight into the night to tread the earth till I find myself a new home.
♠ ♠ ♠
The end.