Obviously

Can't You Just Bring Me Back to the Past?

Danny’s POV

I ran out of my flat hoping I could somehow find…what’s her name?

LUCY!

Yeah her

I walked to various places not finding her or my backpack or the things inside it. I tried remembering where I was last night when I met her but couldn’t remember.

You’ve fucked up bad now Danny.

Yeah I know, shut the fuck up.

I was walking aimlessly around a park, losing hope of ever finding my bag when I saw her. She looked vaguely familiar.

“LUCY!” I yelled risking the chance of looking like an idiot if it wasn’t her.

She turned around and her eyes widened. She stood still for a moment and I was able to see the brown backpack in her hands. I walked to her cautiously but then she started to run and I chased her.

“COME BACK HERE!” I yelled picking up my pace.

The cold air was hitting me and I really wished I put on a shirt before going out.

Not much you can do about it now.

I continued to chase her before she turned into an alley that turned out to be a dead end.

“Give me my backpack.” I said my voice stern.

“Why should I?” she asked

“Because its mine”

“So?”

“It’s not yours”

”Why do you want it back so badly? Is there something inside that is valuable?” her eyes widened at the thought

“I want it because its mine. There is something valuable but you can’t sell it.”

“Why not? It seems pretty valuable since you chased me half naked.”

“Its old and it means something to me.”

Shut up Danny!

“Oh, now it’s even worth more. Danny Jones’ backpack with something valuable with a hidden meaning! I can sell it on Ebay and make thousands.”

“Just give it back” I said getting seriously pissed.

“No”

I was really pissed at the moment. My blood was boiling despite the cold air the just made me even angrier. I ran towards her with a look of wrath on my face which stunned her long enough for me to get back my backpack. I ran out of the alley and back into a park, not the same as awhile ago.

I found a bench and opened the backpack and pulled out the hoodie. The same hoodie that Cristy wore just yesterday. The sight of her in the hoodie once more brought back memories, memories I thought I could forget.

I slipped on the hoodie that barely fit me since the cold was starting to really get to me. Then memories started flooding back into my mind.

June 19, 2001

“DANNY!” Cristy whined.

“What?” Danny replied looking over his should to look at her.

“Why are you buying a hoodie during summer?” she asked staring at her odd best friend.

“It’s an awesome hoodie!” he replied pointing at the garment that the cashier was putting in a plastic bag.

“But you wont be using it during summer” she said

“so?”

“Nevermind” she replied frustrated then walked out the door with him.

“You are just jealous Cristy.” Danny teased poking her side once they were out of the store.

She rolled her eyes and grabbed the bag from his hands.

“Why would I be jealous?” she asked grinning widely before running off with the bag and Danny right behind her.

August 31, 2001

Cristy wrapped her arms around herself, trying to warm herself up since her dark green dress wasn’t doing the job.

“Here Cristy” Danny said taking of the grey hoodie and handing it to Cristy who accepted it gratefully.

She slipped it on happily accepting the little warmth it offered.

“And you said I wouldn’t be able to use it during summer.” Danny said smirking.

“Yeah, yeah, yeah, but technically you aren’t wearing it, I am.” Cristy said smiling.

“Sure but still.” Danny said smirk still present.

“Whatever, it isn’t that warm.” Cristy said.

Danny pouted then pulled her to him so that she was sitting in the small hole his legs made when he sat Indian style then wrapped his arms around her waist.

“Warm enough now?” Danny asked his head resting on her shoulder.

Cristy nodded and leaned back into Danny this time resting her head on his chest.

“Very warm” She said closing her eyes.

Danny kept his arms around his waist and looked down at the 13-year old. Cristy has always been there for him, despite the age difference which wasn’t much since she was turning 14 in November, the gender difference and the fact that they only see each other during summer and Christmas break they were still best friends, one of the closest you’ll ever find.

“Danny” Cristy said her grey eyes looking at his blue-grey ones.

“Mhmm?” he asked.

“I don’t want to go tomorrow.” Cristy said looking at the sun that was quickly disappearing.

Tomorrow. Danny thought miserably. She was leaving to go back to school tomorrow, stupid boarding school. This happened every year. Cristy would come home for the summer and then would have to leave for school. Every year she would spend her last night with Danny, and they both loved it. Although Danny would prefer she wouldn’t have to leave he was glad that she would spend her last nights in Bolton with him.

“Don’t” Danny said.

“Ha, like I have a choice.” She said.

She hated leaving Bolton. Leaving her family, her friends, and Danny. She wishes she didn’t have to. She had fun in school, yeah but every time she comes home and spends summer with Danny he always makes her want to stay. Sure she loves her family but she sees them every break and every time they visit her. Her friends are fun but she has other friends too and she isn’t as close to them as she is with Danny. Danny, that name, he is always the reason why she wants to stay. She spends most of the summer with him and wouldn’t have it any other way.

“Ugh.” Danny said before a comfortable silence fell between the two of them as they watched the sunset.

“DANNY!” Cristy yelled laughing as she tripped and rolled down the hill.

“Cristy where are you?” Danny yelled looking for the light brown haired girl, the moon his only light.

“RIGHT HERE!” She yelled from the bottom of the hill.

Danny laughed before running down and picking her up and twirling her.

“Geez, you’re so light.” Danny said as he put her down.

She shrugged and grabbed his hand before running.

They continued running until they reached a lake. They looked at each other before they silently agreed.

Splash!

Both their heads popped out of the water before they started laughing. Danny pulled her closer to him and smiled at her. She smiled back and looked up at him.

“Regret wearing that dress?” He asked still holding her close.

“Nope” She said smiling.

Danny laughed before looking into her eyes. He leaned in and so did she. They were locked in a passionate kiss as the moon reflected on the water.

September 1, 2001

“Bye Dan” Cristy whispered in his ear as they hugged.

She pulled away and looked at him with sad eyes.

“Aw, come one Cristy. We’ll see each other Christmas right?” Danny said trying to hide the sadness he always felt when she had to leave. Which had gotten worse since they kissed the night before. Danny was unsure about their relationship but thought of them as still best friends, even though he likes her more than that.

“Yeah, we will” She said smiling a small smile.

“Cristy!” Her father yelled beeping the horn.

“Coming!” She yelled.

She hugged Danny one more time then kissed him on the cheek.

“See you” she said before running down to her car.

Before she got in the car she got something from inside and threw it at Danny.

“Glad that you bought it this summer!” She yelled as he smirked at her, while holding the still slightly wet hoodie.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's long. :> I owe it since you guys got me to five stars and my updates are so far apart. :D now you finally know the secret about the hoodie. :) I guess Danny can't really forget the past... :P