Obviously

One by One

Danny's Point of View

I went back to the couch and sat in between Dougie and Harry.

"What did you do now?" Dougie asked as Cristy slammed her door shut.

"Nothing." I said shrugging. Well nothing I haven't done before. I don't get why she acted like that she usually just hits me.

"You sure?" Harry asked an eyebrow raised.

"Yes I am sure." I said. Why is it always my fault? It's never hers!

I looked over at Tom who was glaring at me.

"What?"

"You sure Danny?" Tom asked. I could her the anger in his voice.

"Yeah mate, sure." I said putting my attention on the TV that was playing a music video of some band. I got the remote and switched channels to Spongebob. Something to make me laugh.

Spongebob was looking for Patrick's head when Dougie stood up and when up the stairs to Cristy's room. They baby her too much.

Dougie's Point of View

I knocked on Cristy's door lightly wondering what Danny did to her this time.
There was no response, not even a shout. I put my ear on the door trying to hear what was happening on the other side. All I heard was someone crying.
I opened the door slowly seeing Cristy's body on her bed. I went inside and sat down beside Cristy. I rub her back trying to comfort her as she started to cry even harder. I pull her up so she was in a sitting position in front of me. I raise her chin so I could see her face. Her eyes were puffy and tears were still running down. Her nose was red and her mouth was quivering. Danny, Danny, Danny, what did you do now?
I pull her into a hug so she was crying into my chest her tears wetting my shirt.

"It's OK Cristy." I whisper in her ear rubbing her back as she continued to cry.

After awhile her breathing slowed down and she pulled away from me. I look at her face once more. Tears were still falling but they were less now. What to do? What to do now?

"C'mon Cristy, cheer up!" I say trying to get her to smile. New plan.

"Do you remember when we were younger and we were in my house and you and Jazzie kidnapped me into my parents' room?" I questioned and she smiled as I continued telling her the story.

*FLASHBACK*

"CRISTY! JAZZIE! NO I DON'T WANT TO!" I yelled as they dragged me to my mum's room.

"Please Dougie!" Cristy said using her puppy dog eyes. I sighed and looked away knowing all to well how powerful her puppy dog eyes were.

They finally got me in the room and were running around looking for mum's makeup and clothes. I sat on a chair hoping, praying that they wouldn't find it.

"JAZZIE!" Cristy yelled from the bathroom. "I FOUND THE MAKEUP!"

Jazzie squealed as she ran to Cristy. I groaned, I don't want makeup!

"Dougie!" Cristy said coming closer to me with the makeup.

Jazzie smiled from behind her and continued to look through my mum's clothes. I backed away from Cristy who was still holding the makeup.

"No Cristy! I don't want makeup!" I yelled.

"Please Dougie! All you have to do is sit down, it won't hurt, I promise!" She said using her puppy dog eyes once more. I tried to look away but it didn't work so I sighed and sat down.

She squealed and walked over to me with the makeup. Every now and then I would sneeze and she would tell me to close my mouth. By the time she was done Jazzie had wrapped scarves around me and my face was so white I could blend with paper if it wasn't for the gold and blue eyeshadow, pink cheeks and red lips.

"CRISTY!" I yelled at her as she was laughing with Jazzie.

"What? You look pretty!" She says holding back her laughs.

"I am not supposed to be pretty I am a boy!" I point out trying to chase her. Unfortunately, Jazzie tied a scarf around my legs so I fell.

Mum came up and checked on us. When she me she burst out laughing holding her sides. I didn't think it was that funny.

*End Flashback*


Cristy starts laughing and I continue telling her stories. I told her about the time we went camping and she fell into the pond. I told her about the time we sneaked into the bakery shop and the old lady who owned the shop caught us and laughed at out antics and gave us free cupcakes. The time we stayed up late telling scary stories about clowns. I moved on to the story she always laughed at.

"Do you remember the time when we were 6 and we save up for the 5 scoop ice cream in a cone?" I asked starting the story.

FLASHBACK

"Yay! Ice cream!" the two kids yelled together.

"Mine is prettier than yours Dougie!" Cristy said pointing at her ice cream cone. It had vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, pistachio and bubble gum.

"But I bet mine tastes better Cristy!" Dougie said defending his ice cream. It had chocolate, vanilla, chocolate, vanilla and mocha.

"Why didn't you get strawberry? It tastes good!" Cristy said licking the top of her ice cream tower.

"It's pink! Pink are for girls, I am a boy!" Dougie said eating the mocha part of his ice cream. He bit a mouthful of his ice cream causing him to get a brain freeze.

"Ow!" Dougie said rubbing his freezing head.

Cristy laughed at him causing her to trip on a rock and causing her ice cream to fall on her white dress.

"Cristy are you OK?" Dougie asked helping her up.

"My ice cream!" Cristy yelled bursting into tears.

"Its OK Cristy, you can have some of mine." Dougie said offering his melting ice cream.

"But...but...there's no strawberry!" Cristy said crying even harder.

"Cristy!" Cristy's dad yelled as her ran over to his crying daughter.

"Daddy!" Cristy yelled running into his arms.

"What's wrong honey?" Cristy dad's said comforting her.

"My-my-my Ice cream...it fell on me!" Cristy said between her sobs.

"It's OK Cristy, I'll get you a new one." He said picking her up and heading towards the ice cream stand. Dougie following behind.

"You will daddy?" Cristy said her breathing slowing down.

"Of course, except this time I'll get you 6 scoops!" He said putting her down so he can order her ice cream.

"Can it have chocolate, vanilla, pistachio, bubble gum and 2 strawberries?" She asked looking at her dad, her eyes twinkling.

"Of course sweetie" He said kissing her forehead.

He ordered her ice cream and handed it to her. She started eating it rapidly, enjoying the strawberry.
Cristy's dad laughed and went back to her mom.
Dougie stared at her ice cream tower as his dripped down his hand. Cristy stuck her tongue out and went back to her ice cream.

*END FLASHBACK*


I looked back at Cristy who was now starting to cry again. Shit, what the hell did I do?
I hugged Cristy as she continued to cry.

"What's wrong? You love that story, you love rubbing in how you got 6 scoops and all I got was 5. How mine was melting down my head making me only have 4 scoops." I said rubbing her back. I am not so sure anymore what Danny did.
She continued to cry, nothing seemed to calm her down.

"What did Danny do this time?" I ask before I confront Danny about it.

"Nothing." She mumbled barely audible.

I was surprised. Usually she would just rat him out, so it wasn't his doing.

"Then what's wrong?" I ask. I wish she would stop crying.

She pulled away from my hug and stared at her feet. She started fidgeting with a loose thread on her shirt.

"Cristy, you can tell me anything." I said lifting her chin so she was facing me with her red eyes.

Cristy's Point of View

I have to tell Dougie, I know I do but I am scared. I already told Tom, isn't that good enough? But Dougie has been my best friend since I was 5, we lasted through puberty, that counts as something. Right?
He looked at me with those blue-gray eyes. Ugh, I knew I have to tell him.

"My dad left us." I said really fast hoping he wouldn't hear.

I looked at him but , no, of course he heard. His eyes widened and I looked away as tears started to form by my eyes again. You'd think after all this crying I would have no more tears. I seriously need to cut down on the water.

Dougie pulled me into a hug. He didn't say anything. I silently thanked him.

Dougie's Point of View

Great another one to join the club.
♠ ♠ ♠
OK so this is long...yeah, :))