Obviously

Oh Hell No

Soon after Drea left I decided to go to the record store. Basically my working hours weren’t specified. I just had to work a certain amount each week and if they needed me. It was flexible and fun but as Drea said it wasn’t exactly a high-paying job and I couldn’t live of Danny and the boys.

I slid on a nice floral dress since I was too lazy to put on pants and a shirt. I ran a brush through my hair and got my essentials. I slid my feet into my comfy sandals and left the flat ready to start the day.

I arrived at the store and said hi to Michael who was currently organizing the CDs. I went to the office to greet Mr. Cain. He mumbled a hello before going back to doing whatever he was doing. It was odd that he didn’t have a smile on his face. I decided it was because he was very busy so I left him to do whatever. I place my bag under the counter and started helping out my first customer.

It was soon lunch time and Michael and I went to the back to eat our food. Business was slow today and was always slow during lunch time.

“So how are you Cristy?” Michael asked.

“I am good. How about you?” I asked him as I bit into my BTL sandwich.

“School and all that, you know. So, did you get laid or something?” Michael asked as he stuffed his PBJ sandwich in his mouth as I choked on mine.

“What?” I asked him as I finally swallowed my sandwich.

“You have this certain happiness. I would have said glow but you don’t look pregnant.” Michael explained. I laughed a bit before answering him.

“I had a date last night.” I told him.

“So you did get laid.” He said as he wiggled his eyebrows.

“No! And aren’t you just 17!” I said.

“So?” he said defensively. Instead of replying I chuckled and rolled my eyes.

“CRISTY!” I heard someone yell. I looked at Michael who shrugged. I finished my sandwich and then went to the front of the store.

“There you are!” Drea said before shetackled hugged me.

“Here I am” I said as I helped her up.

“Ok, so let’s go.” She said pulling me out of the store.

“What?” I asked her.

“Let’s go. Do you remember that job I told you about this morning? Well the interview for it.” She said still trying to drag me out of the store.

“Oh, ok. Wait I have to get my bag.” She let go of me and I went to retrieve my bag and said goodbye to Michael and Mr. Cain. As soon as I reached the front of the store where Drea was waiting she grabbed my wrist and started to run. I tried keeping up with her and soon enough we reached a building. We went inside and ran to catch the elevator.

“Geez Drea, why the workout?” I asked as I tried controlling my breathing.

“Because we were running late.” She said just as she walked out of the elevator.

“Hi I am Drea Wischett and this is Cristina Fletcher. She is here for the interview.” Drea told the stick thin receptionist. The receptionist quickly typed something in her computer and told as that the interview would be in 15 minutes.

“Late my ass.” I said softly so only Drea could hear. In response, she gave me a smirk and sat down on the red couch.

Fifteen minutes passed and I was now sitting in a black chair with a girl in her mid-30s sat across from me.

“So Cristina, tell me why you want to be the assistant editor for our new magazine?” Ms. Menkns asked me.

Oh my effing god, assistant editor for a magazine! I love you Drea, I swear I do.

The interview went well as I answered the questions truthfully and making Ms. Menkns laugh a few times.

“Well Cristy, I think you are perfect for the job.” She said with a true smile. I smiled back. “I don’t think I’ll need to interview anyone else. So when will you be ready to leave for America?”

“Pardon?” I asked not sure if I heard you correctly. America?

“When will you be able to leave for America? I need you to go as soon as possible, especially since the head office is there.” She told me. “Oh, I need to rush now. How about next week?” silence “Ok great! Bye Cristy!” and with that she left me.

I hate you Drea, I swear I do.
♠ ♠ ♠
two or three chapters left.