Obviously

Back to There

So another month has past. The boys are still in Bolton. Danny stayed with his family, he finally visited after a very long time. Harry crashed in his house while Tom and Dougie stayed with me.
The month went by fast. I was busy, I helped mum though she kept saying I didn't need to. Jeff was happy to have guys in the house. Apparently a whole month with 2 girls is quite terrifying. Jeff wasn't as mopey anymore and according to mum his grades that were slipping were going up. My thoughts of Jeff getting high were out of my mind. He seemed fine, I really hope he is.

"CRISTY!" I heard Dougie yell interrupting my thoughts.

"Yeah?" I asked from my room. The boys were downstairs playing with the Xbox and I wasn't up to watching the guys accuse one another of cheating when they lost.

"PHONE!" He replied.

I went downstairs wondering who would be calling.

"Hello?" I said walking into the kitchen to get away from the boys' screaming. Danny and Harry were playing and Danny was accusing Harry of cheating. Can't they accuse each other of something else?

"Ms. Richards?" The person on the other end asked. Her voice was familiar I just couldn't place it.

"Yes this is her." I said still trying to remember where I heard that voice before.

"You need to return to work immediately." She said.

"What? But I can't. It's too soon." I exclaimed. No matter what my mom said I wanted, no needed to help out.

"No it is not. It has been 2 months, that should be long enough." she said. Who ever was on the opposite end, I didn't like her, no matter who she is.

"But..." I started but she cut me of.

"If you do not return to work in a week you will be fired." her voice was smug. I knew who it was now, and I hate her even more.

"Lyla!" I yelled, her voice was always smug, it was hard to tell who it was when she was acting proper.

"Finally Cristy, acting business like is no fun. Anyway Mr. Mett said he was sorry but if you don't come back in a week he'll have to fire you." She said her voice still smug.

I bet she wished I was already fired. She has been after my job before I even had it.

"Fine Lyla, I'll be back in a week." I said calmly.

I heard huff and she was about to say something but I put down on the phone already.

"So...you're going back to London?" Tom asked surprising me.

I jumped as I turned around. There was Tom, Dougie, Harry and Danny looking at me waiting for an answer.

"Uh, yeah."

"In a week?" Harry asked this time. He found out about my dad. I don't know how he did it but he got it out of me. The only one who didn't know yet was Danny, and I was fine with that...I think.

"Yup." I said as I nodded. Two answers, YAY!

"Then you better start packing." My mom said.

I jumped surprised again. Why can't people make it obvious when they enter a room?

"Are you sure Ma?" I asked. I really didn't want to go if mum needed me.

"Of course, I've been trying to get you out of here in a long time." She said laughing while she place the grocery bags she was carrying on the counter.

The guys laughed with her. I crossed my arms and went upstairs.

"Fine." I said like a 3-year old who has just been neglected an ice cream cone.

"MOM! DID YOU BUY ICE CREAM?" I yelled as I went back downstairs looking for ice cream. She just laughed along with the boys pointing to the freezer. Oh, why didn't I think of that? Cause you are a genius, duh.

I ignored them and ate the ice cream happily.
♠ ♠ ♠
Uh, short I know. I just needed you to know that she'll be heading back to London.