When Dreams Aren’t Dreams

Chapter 1

“Oh my gosh!!! I can’t do this”
“I can’t believe I’m actually doing this!!”
“What’s wrong with me!?”
“Okay, Okay! Think positive, I need the money… I need the money!”

*flash back*

Lynn woke up with the “beep! beep!” of her clock. She’d set the alarm to wake her up at 8:30am, it was Sunday she didn’t have to go to work, but she was still sleepy so she extended her hand to shut it off, but she pushed the clock off from her bed table and it clashed in the floor, shattering in pieces.
“Crap!”
Yawning she pushed herself out of bed. She brushed her teeth and went to the kitchen. She had a craving of revolted egg and French toast. She took out the ingredients and made her way to the living room to turn on the T.V. so she could hear the news. When she entered, there were two strangers sitting on her sofa.
“Holy s—!”
One was a man of spiky black hair with green highlights dressed all in black. The other was a woman with short black silky hair with red and green highlights. She was wearing a corset, a black and red mini skirt. She had a dark-green choker with black crosses on it, and a lot of green, pink, red and black bracelets hanging from her hands.
“Who do you think you are, get out of my apartment!!” she yelled, tightening her grip around the kitchen knife she had.
“Good morning Lynn” the man said
“I said— wait! how do you know my name?”
“We need your help” the woman said standing up
“Don’t come near me!” Lynn said, waving the knife in the air in a threatening way.
“Wow, wow take it easy… what we’ll going to ask you is very simple, sit down” the guy smirked motioning for her to sit beside him.
“The hell I’m gonna sit down! Go away!!”
“If you take our offer we will give you 500$ cash now and 500$ at the end of the job”
“Make yourselves at home…Want orange juice?…oh! by the way I’m making breakfast do you want some?” she put the knife aside
They smiled taking that as a yes “you can call me Jack” the guy said
“I’m Mell” the woman said “What we want you to do is…

*End of flash back*

Lynn entered the restaurant and sat almost in the back, in a small table in one of the corners of the restaurant, just as she was told.
“Damn! I can’t do this” she whispered
“Yes you can, just wait until we get to our positions” came Jack’s voice from a hidden communicator in her right ear.
She pretended to read the menu. After a few seconds “now” came Mell’s voice “where is he?”
“Okay” she glanced up “he’s six tables ahead of me”
“OK, got it!”

The guy that Mell and Jack were talking about was very aware of his surroundings, and believe me when I say very aware. He was eating, but he knew there was a couple eating in front of him. Behind him was a family and to his left was an empty table, but he was more interested in the woman that was six tables away from him. He noticed how nervous she was when she entered and looked at him… and she was talking to herself?... weird.

“Lynn, calm down, he’s going to notice you” Mell said through the communicator
“If he hasn’t already!” Lynn thought “I can’t believe I agreed to this”
“Don’t worry we’re not going to kill him, we need him alive” Mell replied

Mell was sitting in a bus stop in front of the restaurant; while Jack was in the third floor of the building in front of the restaurant holding a sniper.
“wait a sec Lynn” Mell pulled out a pink cell phone and dialed a number.
“Talk” Jack answered
“He’s B12, R6” Mell said
“Got it, I’m ready to shoot babe” he hanged up
She closed her cell phone.
“Lynn, if anything happens don’t let him go away”
“How?” she asked
“I gave you a gun, use it!”
“I don’t know how to—”
“Shut up, Jack’s going to shoot”

The guy that was eating peacefully looked back as if he was looking for his waitress, but couldn’t find her. He took his almost empty glass of water and filled it with oil.
“What the hell is he doing?” Lynn thought
Suddenly when he lifted it, it broke in pieces. He started to fall backwards. The front crystal of the restaurant shattered; everyone knew it was a gunshot. The people began to run and scream like crazy, while others just dropped to the floor. Lynn stood up, she was told not to lose sight of him, but she couldn’t find him. He was gone.