When Dreams Aren’t Dreams

Chapter 10

Suddenly they heard guns being loaded and voices coming from the stairs they were trying to reach. They stopped in their tracks
“Shit!” he muttered looking back and forth for a way out.
Lynn noticed that they were just in front of the elevator and Lucky Them! They were in the fifth floor and the elevator was in the fourth. She didn’t hesitated, she pressed the button and the elevator’s doors opened. She grabbed Alex by the arm and dragged him in. He raised an eyebrow
“What?” she asked
“You sure are fast” he said. She shrugged and smiled. Suddenly the elevator stopped…actually, the weird dudes made it stop; she lost her balance and fell over him. He grabbed her waist to support her and hold onto the elevator’s wall so he wouldn’t fall.
“Sorry” she mumbled as her cheeks turned to a soft pink. In all her life she hadn’t be that close to a hot guy. He smiled slightly, releasing his grip
“We have to get out from here” he said
She nodded then frowned “How?”
“Through there” he pointed to an emergency exit in the elevator’s roof. Actually it looked more like a tiny hole than an emergency exit.
“Okay, wait!” she folded the envelope and turning around so Alex couldn’t see and placed it on her bra.
“Riiiiight” he said when she turned around.
“awh, come on, we don’t have time”
He chuckled as he opened the emergency door; he went through it leaving Lynn totally alone.
The elevator was trembling and doing weird noises, because some men were trying to open it, but Lucky them, her apartment wasn’t cheap, the things were of high quality and hard to brake.
“Hurry!” she whispered. The door was beginning to open. He stretched his hand, she took it and he lifted her up. He closed the small emergency door when she came out.

“Well, now how you gonna open that if almost five men couldn’t?” she asked, pointing to the other elevator’s door that is part of the building’s wall. (you know, that door that opens when the elevator opens but stays closed when the elevator is in other floors)
“Exacly they’re men…human, I’m not” he smiled.
Right! She forgot that!

She was surprised; he opened the door…no sweat.
They immediately started to run they were reaching the stairs, but they hear a lot of footsteps coming from the stairs below and above them.
“Shit!!” he cursed and turned around dragging her with him. He was going to open the door that would lead them to the stairs in the other part of the building but stop. His eyes wide open.
“What?” she asked, her voice a whisper
He opened a janitors-room door and threw her in “Stay there!!” he said and closed the door leaving her alone…again. Suddenly she heard a gunshot… it was followed by punches, struggling, groans of pain.
Was he okay? Who was attacking him?
She placed her hand on the doorknob, but his words stroke her head “Stay there!!”
Damn! She wasn’t a person well known by her patience; actually she couldn’t stay in the same place for five minutes. She always needed to be doing something. She peeked through the small window on top of the door.
She gasped, but placed her hands on her mouth so no sound could be heard.
A man grabbed Alex by his hair and was hitting his head with a table. She saw as the blood oozed from his head, staining the floor, table and wall.
He was killing him!!!