When Dreams Aren’t Dreams

Chapter 11

She saw as the blood oozed from his head, staining the floor, table and wall.
He was killing him!!!

Frantically she looked around for something hard to hit the man. She found a huge spanner; she took it and opened the door making no sound. The man that was killing Alex was so into it that he didn’t notice her. She lifted the spanner and with all her strength tried to hit the man. The man let go of Alexius who slumped to the floor, then as fast as the light the man turned around and grabbed her hand. She gasped; her eyes wide open…How?
Of course, he wasn’t human.
He smiled evilly and kicked her in the stomach. She flew backwards, crashing against the wall hitting her head in the process. The pain in her stomach was unbelievable, but was not near to the one in her head. Everything was blurry, spinning… she didn’t know. She could hear all the noises far away. She closed her eyes.

The man smiled satisfied and turned around to finally kill Alex. The man couldn’t believe it; he was supposed to be unconscious, but No! Alexius was actually in front of him. He had his left hand over the left side of his face, where the man hit him several times. Blood was passing through his fingers, running down his arm ending in the floor. His face was darkened and his eyes showed an anger that could actually kill. With his free hand he grabbed the man’s neck and pinned him against the wall. The man pulled out a knife and was about to stab him, but he tightened his grip, so hard that he broke the man’s neck. Even his fingers went through it.

When she was small her brother and her were always getting into fights. They always ended up dirty and hurt. When they get home their mother would scold them. Telling John, her brother, that he should be protecting her and no leading her into dangerous things. Then she would tell her that she was a lady and she should behave like one. Their father would hit them (not too hard, just so they wouldn’t get into more fights) Then, they would receive punishments like: no TV for a week. When she was small she always thought that all that bruises and punches she got during the fights were the painful things ever, but obviously she was wrong.
She always tried to promise herself not to get into trouble, but it was inevitable. The trouble always followed her and the pain always seemed to be waiting for her, but Gosh!! This time, even breathe hurt. Her eyes were heavy and she was sure that if she tried to open them her body would shatter in pieces.
She couldn’t hear anything now. Then she felt something in her shoulder, and a noise…no wait! It was a voice
“Lynn” someone was calling her “Lynn!” it was Alex
“Lynn!!” he shook her. Her eyes fluttered open. She blinked a few times before she could look at him (and actually see him). He still had his hand over his face, but that wasn’t making anything to stop the bleeding.
She gasped “Oh my—”
“I told you to stay there!” he cut her off
“B-But he was—” she began to say, but he cut her off again
“I don’t care! You shouldn’t have got out! Look what happened!!” he yelled
She just tried to help him. Tears began to fill her eyes, but she blinked them back.
He sighed “come on, we have to go”
She nodded, but couldn’t stand up. The pain in her body was too strong to bear. Wincing in pain she collapsed. Gently he carried her bridal style towards the car. She didn’t pull away from him; she was too hurt to argue. He placed her on the car. She rested her head back against the seat and closed her eyes. The drive was quiet until they reach the motel.
“I’m sorry” he said softly, breaking the silence
She opened her eyes and looked at him “uh?”
“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to yell at you…”
“It’s okay” she said “I just wanted to help, since everyone dies trying to help me, I guessed that I could at last do something, but…” she trailed off
“Lynn…” he was going to ask her what she meant by that, but she cut him off
“Drop it! I need a nap” she snapped getting out from the car and heading towards their room. He sighed as he turned off the car. He shouldn’t have treated her like that. He smiled sadly, she was just trying to help, but now she was hurt, he didn’t want her to be hurt… “What am I thinking?”

‘I better change clothes and buy her something for the pain’ he thought