When Dreams Aren’t Dreams

Chapter 12

She’d never felt that bad in all her life. All her body ached and she couldn’t put away the nausea feeling that grew stronger every second. Her head felt like thousands of stone brick fell on it.

She was fast sleep when he entered the room. It seemed that she didn’t need the advil so he walked to the table to leave the pills there, but she moaned…okay she did need the advil!
He walked towards her and shook her gently. She groaned and turned away from him
“Lynn” he shook her again
She opened her eyes slowly “Whaa?..”
“What do you want?” she snapped, but regretted it because the pain grew stronger
“Drink this” he said giving her the pill and a glass of water. She didn’t hesitated she needed it.
“Now, let me see your head” he said
“I’m fine” she said giving him the empty glass. He didn’t take it, he sat on her bed and grabbing her chin softly he turned her head so he could look at it.
“Hey!”
“Shhh…” he said “is not that bad you will only have a bump” he smiled.
‘And a headache… a big one’ she thought. She glared at him “now, will you let me sleep?”
“Yep” He smiled taking the empty glass and placing the Advils on the bed table beside her

He didn’t have anything to do. He’d brought food; he wasn’t in the mood to be wandering around and he couldn’t watch T.V. because he didn’t want to disturb Lynn, she needed to rest. So he just lay on bed and got lost in thought. Soon without realizing he drifted in dream. Both of them slept all day.

Lynn woke up stretching and yawning. She look at the clock, it was 5:18 in the morning. Wow! How mush she’d slept? Thankfully the head ache was gone. She glanced towards Alex. He looked cute sleeping. His hair was all over his face and his lips were lightly parted. He looked so peaceful that she felt the urge to bother him. She looked around and found the little pot of Advil. Smiling she took it and…
“Don’t you dare” he opened one eye
“Awh man!” she threw the pot aside, it wasn’t fun anymore.
“Are you feeling better?” he asked
“Uhm-hump!” she nodded, taking the control remote and turning the T.V. on.
“Lynn…” he sat up
“uhm?” she asked, changing channels randomly
“Thank you”
She looked at him “what?”
“Thank you” he replied
“Yes I heard you… why?”
“For helping me”
“I told you already, drop it!” she smiled
“…Lynn…”
“uhm?”
“nevermind”
She knew what he was going to ask and thanks goodness he didn’t. She wasn’t in the mood to explain to him that all her family was dead because of her.

“Anyways, I made a decision” he said
“We’re not gonna run away anymore!” she smiled, hope in her eyes
“Ah… no, I will teach you how to use a gun”
He stood up from bed and came to sit on the table
“Finally! It was about time, but why don’t you teach me how to fight?”
“So you don’t have to get closer to kill them”
“Kill them?” she raised an eyebrow, in no way she was going to kill someone.
“Ahem, hurt them”
“Okay, but what happens when they get too close for comfort?” she asked, sitting across from him
“Yes I will teach you how to fight, but first you have to learn how to use a gun so when I give you one I can be sure that you’re no going to kill me or yourself”
“I’m not that clumsy!”
“…okay let’s change the subject”
She narrowed her eyes “Jerk!”
“I’m being honest, anyway, watch closely” he said taking out a gun
“Where the hell— ah! Whatever!” she thought. Alex disarmed the gun piece by piece then armed it again.
She raised an eyebrow “the point is?...”
“That you should know all the parts of a gun so you can be certain that you’re using it correctly” he replied
“Riiiiight”
“Now, I will take a bath and when I come out I want to see this gun armed” he said disarming the gun again. He rose from the table and went to the bathroom.
She sighed “how boring”
She armed the gun as he recalled him doing it.
After a few minutes he came out of the bathroom
“I did it!!” she jumped in front of him making him jump back. Then she noticed that he was shirtless. She turned around as fast as she could so he wouldn’t see her blush
“Put a shirt on and then you can talk to me” she said and he chuckled knowing that she was blushing.
“I know you just enjoyed the view” he said
“There was nothing to enjoy” she said. Heck there was!!
He put on a shirt and grabbed another gun then he walked towards her.
“Let me see” he said. She lend him the gun and he exanimate it. Then he returned to her
“Well?” she asked
“Shoot me” he said grabbing her hand and lifting it so her gun would be pointing towards his forehead