When Dreams Aren’t Dreams

Chapter 16

She looked at her hand and her heart started to beat faster.

“I’m bleeding?” she managed to say

Alex slid his arms under her and carried her towards the car. He placed her on the passenger’s seat and then ran towards the driver’s seat. He switched on the ignition and slammed his feat on the gas.They weresoon on the street.

“Let me see that” he said to Lynn

She lifted her hands from the wound on her side. She was biting her lip so she wouldn’t scream from pain. She winced when he placed his right hand on her wound. Suddenly the pain was gone… so was her wound.

“woah! I didn’t know you coul— watch out!!!!” she screamed when she glanced forward. He stopped the car

There was a traffic jam…A huge one!

“F—k!”

“What now?” she asked

“Get out!”

Both of them got out of the car and began to run between the non-moving cars. The weird dudes —as she called them— got out from their cars and began to shot them. (this was starting to become a routine)

“AHH!!!” she screamed covering her head. Alex began to run behind her so no bullet could reach her.

“Lynn!”

“What?”

“Keep running!”

“WHAT!!?”

“Keep running and jump!”

“This guy sure has a lot of bad habits! He sure like to jump a lot” she thought “Are you f—king insane! I’m not immortal buddy!!” she yelled. The road ended in a… open fall? Yep! it seemed always to end like that, every time they were running.

“Just jump! We will fall in the roof of a building!”

“Alex, I—”

“Lynn, don’t think about it just jump!”

“Are you sure there’s a building?”

“Yes!!”

They jumped.

“AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Yes, the freaking psycho wasn’t lying, but the dammed building was like seven floors below them!!

“AAAHHH!!!!!” she closed her eyes. Within what? Six seconds? Yep! In six seconds she would be dead! But of course she would raise up again, kill the bastard of Alex, send him to hell and then of course she would fly up to heaven, because obviously she was going to heaven!

She felt arms wrapping around her…then the falling sensation ended. She opened one eye. Was she dead?...No!

“…Lynn…you can let go of me now”

She opened her eyes and noticed that she was clutching Alex’s shirt as if her life depended of it…well it did.

“oh…” she let go of him and he placed her on the ground. He was going to walk towards the door in the roof that lead to inside the building, but she punched his shoulder, and man! Let me tell you she punched him hard.

“Auch!! What was that for!?”

“For being and idiot!! I will never listen to you again!”

She forgot they were being followed, but don’t worry, she was reminded when two guys began to shoot at them. Those guys were astonished to see that Lynn and Alexius were still alive after that jump. But they recovered and kept shooting. A difficult task, because the wind was blowing really hard and was preventing the bullets to reach their targets in time and place.

Alex grabbed Lynn’s hand and dragged her into the building.

“Stay behind me!” he told her as he ran with her looking for the building’s exit. She was running behind him quietly, but suddenly stopped because she heard a weird noise behind them… it was nothing so she turned around to keep following Alex but…

“oh-oh” she said. She was totally alone.