When Dreams Aren’t Dreams

Chapter 17

“oh-oh” she said. She was totally alone.

Let me rewrite that, she was all alone in a huge building full of weird dudes. Just her luck! With her quick thinking she ran to the first janitor-room she could find and taking a broom she began to walk down the corridor.

Alexius cursed when he didn’t saw her behind him. How couldn’t he notice she wasn’t there? The silence was awkward, but he thought that maybe she was still mad at him. Anyways he had other problems at hand. Three guys spotted him and began to shoot at him. The guys reminded behind the huge marble stair and Alex had to literally throw himself —so the bullets couldn’t hit him— behind a counter.

Lynn was still walking and clutching the broom so hard that her knuckles were almost white. She was about to turn in a corner, but stopped, a weird dude was walking towards her, but the odd thing was that he had his back turned to her and he didn’t seem to notice her. She raised the broom, but thought better of it. If she hit him in the back it wouldn’t affect him, he would just turn around and kill her. She had to hit him on the face, but how?… she smiled evilly to herself.

“AHH!!!” she screamed

The man, startled, turned around, then Lynn hit his nose. She shuddered, she could feel and hear how it cracked. The man screamed in pain and letting go of the gun he clasped his bleeding nose with his hands. Then she hit him when the flowers don’t grow and the birds don’t sing. She felt bad for the poor man. He fell to the floor literally unconscious and she didn’t blame him, she just shattered his treasure. She grabbed the man’s gun and kept going.

Alex tensed when he heard Lynn’s scream, but then was confused when he heard a man screaming. He knew she was close, maybe in the opposite corridor so he began to call her. He didn’t care if he was revealing his position. He had to find her before they did.

“Lynn!!!” he shouted as he shot the three guys straight in the head.

She heard Alex’s voice coming from the opposite corridor. She began to run towards it. Damn the building! It was too big and it looked more like a maze than a building. She was still running when suddenly a door flung open. She didn’t stop. The guy opened the door and felt a sudden pain on his head as if something collided with him, (actually her broom collided with him) then he hit his head so hard with the door that he fell to the floor almost unconscious… poor guy. She kept running and when she was about to turn in the corner she collided with something stiff and hard. She didn’t know who it was and she didn’t care. She lifted the broom to hit the man, she was going to open her mouth to do her ‘killing cry’ —actually it was an ear piercing scream that apparently could provoke dizziness among her opponents— but the man grabbed the broom, placed his hand on her mouth to shut her up and pinned her to the wall. She was… Literally, screwed