When Dreams Aren’t Dreams

Chapter 18

She was… Literally, screwed

“Lynn, it’s me!” Alexius whispered. He let go of her.

“Ups”

He looked at the broom then at her and he raised an eye brow

“What?” she asked

He was going to answer. He was going to tell her that he was glad that she was fine, but footsteps were approaching.

“Come on” he grabbed her arm and dragged her to the first room he saw.

“Alex, seriously, you have to stop doing that, I can walk you know” she whispered loudly, jerking away her arm from his grip. “Where are we?” she asked when she glanced around the room. The entire place was covered with a substance that stops the sound from going outside. They were standing in an empty room with three doors at each side.

“It looks like a recording studio” Alex answered from one of the rooms “we have to find a window to get out of here” he said opening another door

“You know, I think I hate windows right now” Lynn said placing the broom in a corner of the room

The only window they found was in the bathroom; fortunately it was big enough for them to fit through it.

“Okay, here’s the plan, can you see that forest over there?” He asked opening the window and pointing to a not-so-near forest.

She nodded

“Don’t stop running until you reach it”

“Ha! Ha! Riiiight, like I will ever make it that far” she laughed. What she didn’t know was that when one is being chase down by a couple of guys with guns and good aiming one doesn’t think if one’s gonna make it or no. One just DO make it. When they got out from the building the weird dudes began to chase them. The adrenaline rushed up and Lynn reached the forest in a blink of an eye. Even Alexius had problems catching up with her. They stopped running when they both knew it was safe. Lynn dropped to the floor gasping for air.

“So, you were the one that wasn’t going to make it?” Alex mocked her.

“oh!— shut up” she snapped, still trying to catch her breath. Her side hurt like shit, she couldn’t feel her legs and she was all sweaty… great!

“First, three things!!” she suddenly said

“Wha—”

“Don’t leave me alone while we’re escaping. We have to stop going out through windows! and don’t you dare to use the word jump again or I’ll rip your head off!!” she hissed “Now” she said, going back to her normal happy-self “where we’re gonna go and what we’re gonna do?” she asked

“Where going to stay here at least for two days—”

“What!!?” back to her grumpy-self “You’re kidding! Right?”

“No, listen, they will be looking for us on the motels, so we have to stay here for a while, then we’re gonna go to a small town that’s not so far from here” he replied

“No, you listen to me buddy, I need a bath!!”

“Well, then go on and find a lake” he said sitting near a tree, before her.

“No, you will find me a lake” she said “Who do you think I am, Pocahontas?”

“Lets make a deal” he began “While I go out looking for clothes you will try to find a lake, then when you take a bath I will be buying food so you can’t say I’m spying on you, what do you say”

“Deal”

And just as he said he went out, found some clothes, and then went out again to buy food.

The water was still warm. Lynn felt relaxed. The smoothing sound of the unmoving waters and the whisper of the wind caressing the leaves were turning her sleepy. Suddenly she heard a splashing.

“Ahhhhh!!!!!” she screamed. There was a freaking rat swimming towards her!!!! She jumped out of the water, not that she was afraid of rat, but… what the hell was a rat doing SWIMMING!? o.O

Alex returned with the food, but Lynn was still bathing so he sat down and began to eat. When suddenly he heard Lynn scream