When Dreams Aren’t Dreams

Chapter 2

Lynn stood up, she was told not to lose sight of him, but she couldn’t find him. He was gone

“Shit!” she started to looked around frantically
“Don’t lose him!”Mell yelled through the communicator
“Can’t see him!”
“He didn’t go out through the front!” Mell said
Lynn went to the back of the restaurant, following a small trail of blood she’d found. It led her to a big walking freezer.
“You told me you weren’t going to hurt him” she said
“You want the money, shut up and find him!”
She took out her gun and entered the freezer.
Great! She didn’t even know how to hold a gun, and more less how to aim. Suddenly a door burst open on the back of the freezer. Bingo! She followed him. She saw him running away through a back alley.
“Stop!” she shouted, but of course he didn’t… who would anyways? He was running when Mell entered the alley.
“Shoot him!” Mell shouted, as she threw him knifes. He dodged them all. Lynn began to shoot. She shot the ground, the walls; she almost shoots Mell. Damn! She even shot the sky.

The guy decided that Lynn wasn’t a threat so he kept running towards Mell.
“You’re not running away this time Alexius!” Mell said.
Suddenly he ‘felt’ that Lynn was aiming right to his head. He grabbed a knife that Mell threw him, jumped in the air and grabbed another knife in mid-air. And just when Lynn pulled the trigger he threw her a knife. The knife cut the bullet in half (no one noticed this) and then hit Lynn’s gun so hard that she lost her balance and fell backwards. Suddenly he was in front of Mell, it happened so fast that she couldn’t react. He was so close to her that he almost brushed his lips against hers. “You will never catch me… Mell” he whispered. Then he stabbed her right hand with the knife he didn’t throw.
“Argh!!” Mell screamed in pain.
Jack came out of nowhere, but Alexius was nowhere to be seen, he was gone…
“Mell, are you okay?” Jack asked, walking towards her
“Yes” she said through clenched teeth
“Lynn, next time try to take better aiming” Jack said, taking her gun. Then they started to leave.
“Wait, will I have the money?’ she asked
They nodded

-Monday-
Lynn woke up and looked at the clock (a new clock) 7:45am… “Damn I’m late!” she fell off from the bed “F—!”
She brushed her teeth and got dressed as fast as her human speed let her. She took a peach for breakfast, went out of her apartment got in the car and kept brushing her hair in the way towards her work.
“I’m gonna get fired, I’m gonna get fired!, I’m gonna get fired!!”
The building where she worked at was being rebuilt so she had to enter through the back. She was working as a secretary in a doctor office. She entered through the back and stopped on her tracks when she heard some weird noises. She walked towards the sounds with curiosity “I don’t think I’m gonna get fired if I arrive 5 minutes late” she thought. When she was getting closer a tall man in a black tuxedo crossed her way and she stumbled with him. He didn’t even budge, she…well, almost fall, but she could catch her balance.
“Where are you going miss?” he asked, with a husky voice
“I work here” she said quickly
“The building’s empty, go home”
Something wasn’t right. She nodded and turned around to pretend that she was leaving. When the man wasn’t around she took out the gun she’d steal from him. Yes, when she was small she lived in one of the more dangerous places in Arizona. Her brother taught her how to steal and she was good at it. Come on! She stole the guy’s gun from a pocket inside his own tuxedo when she collided with him… she’s good.
“Why am I doing this!?”
“What’s wrong with me?”
“Why I’m always looking for trouble?” she thought climbing some portable stairs that were being used in the reconstruction of the building. She reached the second floor and looked down. Two men —including the weird dude in the tuxedo— were drowning a guy!!

She aimed towards them… well she tried to. She began to shoot, but the bullets didn’t reach them… ahem, she didn’t aim right. “Damn I need practice!” she thought…
“uh-oh” the weird dude was no where to be seen. She kept shooting when suddenly she hit the man’s leg, he let go of the guy’s neck and slumped to the floor screaming in pain. The guy lifted his head off from the water and grasped for air. He looked towards Lynn surprised and then to the man on the floor.

“Shit! It can’t be him!” Lynn said startled. It was Alexius.
“Okay time to go” When she was going to climb down she saw the weird dude climbing up… great! She ran away. He followed her until she came to a dead end “Ups!” she was going to go back, but the weird dude was already in front of her. She walked backwards until her back met the cold wall. She pointed the gun towards the man and shot “Click” nothing came. The man smiled “The bullets aren’t eternal, didn’t you know?”
“I’m screwed” she thought