When Dreams Aren’t Dreams

Chapter 20

The sun rays passed through the thick leaves of the trees and….

Lynn, yawning, turned her head away from the light; suddenly literally jumping she sat up straight

“Alex!” she gasped

Startled by the tone of her voice he woke up, gun in hand “What?”

“I didn’t dream”

He rose and eyebrow. Have you ever feel the urge to kill someone…well, that’s what Alex felt when she woke him up just to say something stupid like: I didn’t dream.

“Oh, shut up!” he snapped and went back to sleep

“No, really!... that’s weird” she muttered

“You’re weird” he snapped, turning her back towards her.

“…but…Alex” she called him

He ignored her

“it was strange… everything was black; there was something, but I could see nothing. It was as if something was missing”

With that Alex’ eyes snapped open and in a sudden movement he was on his feet

“I’ll bring food” he said and with that he was gone

“Riiiiight…wait! That reminds me, that bastard was suppose to explain everything, how could I forget?”

Not even four minutes passed when Lynn heard some strange noises on the woods. A wave of fear crept up her spine. Her first instinct was to hide. She didn’t know what it was; it could be the wind, an animal, but all her instincts were telling her to run away. She was trying to calm herself, but her feet kept moving forward. Deep inside her she knew it wasn’t Alex or an animal. Whatever it was wasn’t good, and was coming for her. She ran and ran and hid herself behind a tree. After several seconds she heard someone saying “Did you find her?”

“No, but she was right there, I swear” someone replied

She could tell for their voices that they were men… and that wasn’t good. She grabbed a not-so-small trunk and pressed her back against the tree and literally held her breath. She was prepared to scream, hit and run.

“You better find her” the first man said

Suddenly from beside her she heard a “Found her!” From instinct, without thinking neither twice… nor once she hit the man hard on his ‘manly pride’ (that seemed to always work) and took off running. She was pinned to a tree before she could even take four steps. The wind was knocked off her when she collided; face first, with the tree.

“That’s not a way to treat a stranger” a voice hissed in her ear

“Get off me!!” she struggled to no avail. She shivered when she felt the man’s tongue licking up her neck. She was going to kick back, but somehow the guy turned her around. He grabbed both of her hands and with his free hand he grabbed her jaw and pressed his forehead against hers. What was he doing!? …She couldn’t move; she was stuck between his body and the tree. She gulped; she was so frigging scared that she wouldn’t be surprise if she had a heart-attack. His jet-black hair fell on her eyes and she couldn’t glance away from his silver eyes. She felt like a cornered animal. She wanted to smack the guy’s face so badly. Suddenly she heard another voice “we want the girl alive, Grey”

“I was just having fun” the guy apparently called Grey retorted.

“I can’t believe she hit you there, man” said a brown haired guy that apparently was trying not to laugh.

“Yeah, it was quite painful you know, so stop laughing” Grey said looking back to the guy, but still holding tightly Lynn’s hands.

“I’m not laughing” the guy answered walking towards them.

“This is my chance” Lynn thought. Grey didn’t have her pinned to the tree and she could at least use her feet freely. Okay, she needed to make a move and she didn’t have enough space to do it… she smiled to herself. She suddenly knew what to do. She jumped on one of Grey’s feet.

“Auch!!” he turned his attention towards her.

Then she lifted one of her legs to kick his face —thanks gymnastics for her flexibility!!— but Grey caught her leg before she could kick him. Damn his reflexes!! She cursed

“Didn’t I tell you she was quite interesting?” he smirked and without effort he throw Lynn over his shoulder.

“Hey! Let me go!!” she struggled in vain while the other two guys tied up her hands and feet.

“What we do now?” the brown haired guy asked

“I can sense a lake” the other guy that apparently was the one in charge replied. “Let’s go there and wait for Alexius”

With that, they began to walk towards the lake.

“Great!” Lynn thought “that bastard is never around when I most need him” She was complaining mentally, but she scoffed aloud. The tree guys turned to her.

“What?” the brown haired guy asked her. She didn’t have anything to say, but since he asked she would.

“Oh, nothing, is just that I can’t wait to see him beating up you filthy asses” she said.

The guy arched an eyebrow, amusement written all over his face.

“Where did he get this human?” he asked

“Why do you think he can actually win against us?” the other guy asked. She glanced at him and was shocked to see that this strange fellow had dark-green hair and shocking orange eyes? If she had meet him before she would have think that he was using contacts, but now, she knew everything was possible. What was he anyways, a kind of plant… a fruit? Well, she could clearly see that none of them were humans. She didn’t notice that before, because she was too busy trying to escape.

“Care to answer the question” Grey snapped her back from her thoughts

“He’s a god” she simply said. The fruit-guy (as she would call him from now on) twisted his lip in what might have been a smile and said “He was”