When Dreams Aren’t Dreams

Chapter 21

“Care to answer the question” Grey snapped her back from her thoughts

“He’s a god” she simply said. The fruit-guy (as she would call him from now on) twisted his lip in what might have been a smile “He was” he said

“We’re here” the brown haired guy announced when they reached the lake. Suddenly Grey let go of her instead of placing her on the ground. She fell hard on her butt. She glared daggers at him—wow!! The guy wasn’t that bad… okay, scratch that, he was hot! Jet black hair, silver eyes, nice body, taller than her, strong, uh! he smelled good. He smirked, somehow knowing what she was thinking. Then he turned around and walked to the others. They began to talk about how they were going to catch Alex and stuff. She heard all the conversation, and she learned that the fruit-guy’s name was Zekiah… even his name was weird.

Minutes passed an Alex wasn’t still coming back. Zekiah was nowhere to be seen, and Grey and the other guy were walking around the area, not keeping an eye on her. And she could find out why, the cord they used to tie up her hands and feet were literally unbreakable and she didn’t have a chance to escape.

“So, where’s Alexius?” Grey asked her. Lynn just ignored him and glanced away. He grabbed her by her jaw and turned her face towards him.

“Where. Is. Alexius.” He pressed his fingers with each word

Auch, Auch, Auch, Auch, Auch, Auch, Lynn, kept looking at him defiantly. It was better to let them think she wasn’t afraid.

“Aw, come on Grey, you’re scaring her, you have to be polite” the brown haired guy said snatching Grey’s hand from Lynn’s jaw.

“Now” he said sitting in front of her “my name’s Samuel. Can you please tell me where’s Alexius?”

Lynn lifted an eyebrow, was this guy for real?

“See, now she thinks you’re stupid” Grey mocked him “anyway” his mocking tone changed to a stern one “I think he left you behind sweetheart”

Lynn shrugged, showing indifference. He could have done so many times before, she thought.

“Still no talking eh?”

“I told you man, she won’t budge” Samuel said

“oh she will” Grey said taking out a knife from one of his pockets. Lynn tensed, what was he gonna do!? He was walking towards her, knife in hand, when Zekiah appeared out of nowhere before them. Bless the fruit— I mean, man

“He’s here” was all he said

With that Grey was on his feet and pulled Lynn to hers. He stood behind her, wrapped his arms around her waist and leaned his head on her left shoulder.

Alexius approached them. He was standing at the other side of the lake. He looked at Lynn, making sure she was unharmed. Then he focused on Zekiah.

“Let’s enjoy the show sweetheart” Grey whispered on her ear

If this guy weren’t on the bad side she would have declared to him. She could feel his strong arms holding her, his hard chest against her back. She could feel the warmth of his body, the beating of his heart, his scent— okay! Focus!!

He’s the bad guy! He’s the bad guy!! She could hear him chuckle behind her… She forgot to ask Alex if others could read minds… Crap!! How much she would like to shove that chuckle up his ass.

“No need to hate me beautiful” he said. What did he just call her!? This guy needs help!

“You two! stop making out and shut up!” Samuel said

She gaped. Grey just chuckled.

“Zekiah…” Alexius said

“Alexius… I’ve heard you’ve been loosing your powers… If you give us what we need you will have a painless death and the girl stays alive; if you don’t, both of you will die” Zekiah simply said

“I see, now they’re truly desperate, sending scum like you to get something you’ll never have” Alexius mocked him

Lynn couldn’t believe what she saw, one second everything was normal and the other there was a gust of wind, the waters of the lake were split up in half and Zekiah was already on the other side before Alexius, a huge weird transparent sword on hand.

She felt sorry for Alexius… if it was true he was loosing his powers he was screwed.