When Dreams Aren’t Dreams

Chapter 22

She felt sorry for Alexius… if it was true he was loosing his powers he was screwed.

Okay no! She took back what she thought; in the moment Zekiah was going to literally cut Alex in half, he did something Lynn didn’t understand. He, well, obviously stepped aside so the sword would pass him by, then he somehow touch it and it broke in million of pieces. Beautiful cold icy crystals were falling everywhere. Then it hit her, the sword was made of ice!! How was that possible? Alexius just lifted his hand towards Zekiah and he was sent flying backwards, but never reached the floor, he disappeared seconds before his butt could reach it. He appeared in the other side of the lake, with his back turned to Grey, Samuel and Lynn. WWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW!

It was like a movie! But she knew it was real. The only thing missing was the pop corn.

“What’s up, not using your full power… oh! I almost forgot, you can’t” Zekiah smiled evilly.

Alexius looked at Lynn. His eyes pierced her soul… but somehow she understood what he wanted to tell her. He was going to use his full power and he didn’t want her to see him like that. She gulped and closed her eyes.

“You’re not enjoying yourself?” Grey asked her. She didn’t answer.

Zekiah noticed when Alex looked at Lynn “If you want her, give us the essence” he said

“Let’s finish this so I can kill you all and get on with my life” Alexius said

‘Was he really going to kill them?’ Lynn thought.

“Samuel, lets finish this” Lynn could hear Zekiah whisper. Lynn didn’t see what happened next, but by how Grey’s body responded she could deduce what was happening.

Zekiah extended his hand and all the crystallized fragments returned to him. Creating —once again— the sword of ice. In that moment Zekiah and Samuel charged against Alex. He dodged Zekiah’ sword and Samuel’s punch. And let me tell you Samuel’s punch left a huge crack on the ground. Alexius gulped, he didn’t want to get hit by that! Zekiah swinged the sword towards Alexius left side and Samuel’s foot was inches near Alexius face, but they never reached him. Time seemed to stop as Alexius took away the power from Zekiah’ sword, passed it from his left hand to his right hand and then released it in Samuel’s body. Both of them were sent flying backwards. Zekiah came to hit some trees and Samuel some rocks. Zekiah’ sword exploded in million of fragments that would never reunite again.

Lynn still had her eyes closed and she could hear all the groans of pain and she could hear the sound of things crashing. And she could feel how Grey’s body tensed sometimes.

All of them were exhausted. Zekiah and Samuel didn’t think that Alexius would be that powerful. And for someone that wasn’t using his full powers he was kicking their asses. They needed to do something and fast. Zekiah grabbed a shard of his shattered sword that was lying on the ground and launched himself at Alexius the moment he was distracted dodging Samuel’s punches. When Alexius turned around to dodge Zekiah it was already too late.