When Dreams Aren’t Dreams

Chapter 27

“Oh! F*ck!!! He’s gonna crash against us!!!” Lynn yelled

Alex slammed his feet on the brakes bringing the car to a sudden screeching stop.

…3 seconds…

One… Alex took off his seatbelt

Two…He managed to get on top of Lynn

Three… the car hit

She wasn’t sure what was louder, her screams or the crushing metal of the crashing cars. She had her legs up in the seat, her arms folded in her face and her eyes tightly shut.

She opened her eyes for a brief second. Her brain was processing the information so fast that she suddenly saw everything in slow motion. She could see the cars exploding all around her. She closed her eyes again so none of the crystal could fall on her eyes. But in that fraction of second she could see why she was still alive. Alex was on top of her. Shielding her and the other car literally crashed against him. (And he being a god meant that the other car hit a brick wall) Their car was pushed backwards a few meters and after some flips it stopped. When everything passed she realized she was pinned down by Alex unmoving body.

“Alex!” she whispered, but he didn’t move. His limp and unconscious body was preventing her from any movement

“Alex!” she shook him slightly. He didn’t react… shit!. Her heart almost popped out of her chest when she saw the other driver stepping out of the crushed car, unharmed and coming towards them. This was definitely not an accident and that guy was not human!!!

“Alex!!!!” this time she screamed and shook him harder “He’s coming!!”

She did not want to die! Why was Alex not waking up… was he that mush hurt? The man broke what was left of their door

“GET AWAY FROM US YOU FREAK!!!!” Lynn screamed at him

The guy smirked at the lame attempts of Lynn trying to get Alex off her. He walked towards them and extended his hand

“Alex!!!!” she closed her eyes

In that moment the weight was lifted off her, her eyes snapped open. She couldn’t believe what she saw. Alex grabbed the man’s hand and suddenly bolts of lightning ran through the guy’s arm, towards his chest. He was sent flying backwards a few meters. His body landed in a nearby forest.

“Lynn stay behind those rocks” Alex said, his voice steady.

She nodded and did as she was told. She hid behind some rocks that were at the side of the road and watched as Alex disappeared thought the thick forest.

She wasn’t too sure about what was happening at the moment. She could say there was a storm, but there wasn’t any dark cloud around or any rain. You could hear the freaking thunders and see the lightings.

“Can’t you guys leave us alone!?” Alex yelled at Sianus. (The man that attacked them)

“This wouldn’t be happening if you just have used your brain Alexius!” Sianus yelled back, dodging a bolt lightning and throwing back a knife. Sianus wasn’t a god, but in Sylden he was the one that executed the disobedient and rebellious gods. He didn’t have powers, but he did have the strength and guns to challenge a god.

Alexius dodged the knife, but it still scratched his left cheek. And let me tell you it felt like someone was ripping his face apart. But, of course the pain didn’t show on his features.

“Oh, believe me I did use my brain!” Alex said, and stopped walking, he even stopped attacking Sianus.

Sianus frowned. “What is he doing?” he thought as he threw him another knife.

Alexius just closed his eyes.

Sianus gasped, his knife was flying towards Alexius in slow motion.

“He shouldn’t have this kind of power here in earth!!” Sianus thought, a little bit panicked.

Slowly, Alexius began to open his eyes. His glowing blue eyes. Suddenly he vanished along with Sianus’ knife.

“Shit!” Sianus turned around just to stumble with Alexius, committing the most stupid mistake of all his life. He glanced at the glowing blue eyes. Now he couldn’t move.

“You still have part of the essence with you, don’t you?” Sianus said, suddenly his eyes widened realizing his own words. “The girl! The girl is the essence!”

Alexius smirked.

“We’re going to kill her, Alexius, you can’t hide forever”

He suddenly felt a strong rage. He didn’t care if he was killed, but he couldn’t contain the thought of them killing or even hurting Lynn. He stabbed Sianus right in the heart. Killing him instantly. He would protect her.

Lynn finally saw Alexius walking out from the forest. The first thing she would have normally asked would’ve been something like: “did you fry his ass off?” But right now she didn’t care if he killed the man or not, she just wanted to know if he was alright. She frowned at this thought. Why suddenly she cared about what happened to him? The psycho who destroyed her pathetic life... She didn’t know.

“Are you alright?” she ran to him.

At first he didn’t say anything. He just looked at her “We’re going to kill her, Alexius, you can’t hide forever”

Sianus words kept ringing on his ears.