When Dreams Aren’t Dreams

Chapter 3

She pointed the gun towards the man and shot “Click” nothing came. The man smiled “The bullets aren’t eternal, didn’t you know?”
“I’m screwed” she thought

She was going to scream, but suddenly the man’s head was blown off. The blood fell around her like rain… she was all covered in blood. “What the—”
The man’s body slumped to the ground, along with his head. She glanced up, and saw the same guy from the restaurant… Alexius, wasn’t it? He was wet with blood and water, his hair was all over his face and he was breathing heavily.
“oh… my…” she fainted

She woke up with a scream. She looked around her room… wait!, she was in her room, on her bed. “Damn my dreams!” she muttered “Damn my movie-like dreams!”. She looked at the clock 5:30am. “Too early” She sighed. She didn’t like to dream. Her dreams were too real, like movies, and she didn’t know it was a dream until she could wake up. And when she could wake up she could still remember every detail. She stretched and looked sideways before going out from her room. She searched her apartment, you know just in case… no signs of the guy, she smiled. Thank goodness it was a dream. She went to the kitchen and made herself a sandwich with a glass of orange juice. Then went to the living room to watch T.V. and…
“AAAHHHH!!!”

There he was. The guy from the restaurant was sleeping in her living room, on her sofa, in her apartment!! He woke up, startled by her scream and fell off from the sofa “What the—”
“What the hell are you doing here?” she screamed.
“b-but I have nowhere to go an—” he began, but she didn’t let him finish, he couldn’t even blink “I don’t care. Go away!!” she grabbed him by the arm, opened the door and threw him out.
“...uh?...”
She closed the door on his face and locked it. Breathing heavily, she rested her forehead in the door…wow! It was the fist time she could see him well. He was like 6 inches taller than her, with blue penetrating eyes and dark-brown hair that fell on his eyes and… “I have no where to go… I have nowhere to go…” that words kept running through her mind. She sighed and opened the door. She glanced sideways, he was about to turn in the corner.
“Hey!” she called him
He turned around, his eyes wide open. Not in surprise or happiness… eyes wide open in horror. That’s it! She knew something was behind her at the other end of the corridor. And No! She didn’t bother to look back; she just slammed the door close. She heard a gunshot and she hid herself behind her sofa. “okay, I have to get out from here” she thought standing up and going to the kitchen she took her car keys. Then she went to the living room to escape through a window when suddenly someone knocked at her door.
“Who is it?” she asked placing the car keys in her bra.
“A neighbor, I live two floors up, I was just passing by and heard the gunshots, can you let me in?”
I’m not dumb, there’s only one more floor above me! “Sure, wait a sec!” she said opening the window and stepping outside “wait, let me get dress” she said trying to close the window, but it was stuck. Suddenly someone knocked out her door and entered the apartment. “Shit! Forget the window!” she said, and with caution she walked away through the eaves.
“You f@^ing bitch!” she could hear the man yell.
“Don’t look down”
“Don’t look down!”
“Don’t look down!!”
She lived in the eighth floor and it had been raining so the outside walls were a little bit slippery. She only had 2 options left. Option one: walk close to the wall and became a graffiti so she wouldn’t fall. And option two: Slip and kill herself.
She took option number one! She was walking slowly through the eaves with the weird dude following close behind holding a gun. She tried to open a window, but it was locked from the inside. She glanced at him; the man was pointing his gun at her. Her life couldn’t end up like this!