When Dreams Aren’t Dreams

Chapter 6

Lynn gulped and glanced at Alexius with panic when she heard the man’s footsteps getting closer
“Shh” he said. She nodded
“I think we should be going, the cops will arrive soon” one of the man said
“Okay strange, I’m stuck with a guy that is followed by weird dudes that doesn’t want to be seen by cops…What the—?” Lynn thought
“You’re right” The man walked away and entered the car followed by the other man, he gave another look around the area, he knew Alexius was still there. With that he drove off.
After a few minutes of silence she narrowed her eyes at him
“What?”
“You have to explain a lot of things, but first we have to take you to a hospital” she said
“Are you nuts!?” he stood up from a sudden
“No, I mean, look at you! I can’t believe how you’re still walking!!?” she stood up
“I’m fine, now, we have to go”
“Go where?” she asked
“We’re passing the night in a motel”
“Great…oh and don’t forget, you owe me a car” she said seeing the fire and smoke coming out from the ball of metal that used to be her baby.

They walked like almost two hours and Lynn’s feet were killing her. They haven’t said a word to each other since they began to walk. Alexius was thoughtful maybe planning his next move or trying to figure out what was he going to do with her. While she was trying to put some common sense into what was happening to her right in that moment and thinking if she could go back to her normal life after this. After what seem like hours (20 minutes exactly) they reached a motel. Lynn had to check in because… well if you were a receptionist and someone covered in blood asks you for a room what would you do?... exactly!

She opened the door of their room; to her right was a small round table before a big crystal window covered with curtains, after the small round table were two beds, in front of the door was a small square table with a T.V. on it, and in the end of the room was a door that was obviously the bathroom.
Lynn sighed in relief
“What?” he asked, confused
“There’s two beds in here” she smiled entering the room and throwing herself in one of the beds.
“Right…well, I’m going to wash these wounds” he said and entered the bathroom. She took the control remote and turned on the T.V. She was changing channels randomly; there was nothing to see anyway. After a few minutes Alexius came out of the bathroom.
“Are you being followed by the mafia?” she asked him, with her eyes still fixed in the T.V.
“Nope” he said “but you would wish it would be them” he muttered going towards the door
“Where are you going?” she asked, glancing at him for the first time he’d left the bathroom. He was wearing a long sleeved shirt, isn’t that odd… where did he get it anyways?
“You aren’t leaving me here, right?” she asked
He turned around “no, I’m just going to buy some fo—”
“What happened to your lip and your forehead!?” she cut him off
“What?” he bit his lip.
“The wounds are gone!!” she stood up from the bed