Beyond the World

Just Me And You

So I’m on my way to the school dance right now, no big deal.

Well, actually it is. My school has... odd dances. They let anyone from any school in the district come, as long as they show their school IDs. It’s so weird. It also sucks, mostly because half the people that come are preps (I call them preps because they say they’re preps, let them stereotype themselves), and preps do not enjoy the presence of an “emo” in “their” dances. Oh well. I’m here now, so might as well go in and attempt to enjoy myself.

I get in there and groan. Loudly. All the girls in frilly pink and yellow dresses stare at me. I sigh and stare at my clothes. I’m wearing a black and red bandana, a black Chidos shirt, and skinny black jeans. Oh, and my converse with skull shoelaces and I made sure to put in black studs in my snakebites. I mean come on, do you really expect ME to wear a dress and high heels? Get real.

Anyways, I go up and show the dude my ID. He looks at what I’m wearing and gives me a disapproving look (stupid jackass), then lets me in. I immediately leave the main gym, considering there must be 500 people in there and I go to the smallest gym, where I’ll probably find my friends.

In the smallest gym, it looks like there are only about 150 people in it. I look at the tables and in the darkest corner see all my friends. I head over there and see that they’re all listening to their iPods- like I am. I say hi, and they tell me to sit down. I grab a chair and immediately ask them what they’re listening to. They say things like My Chem, The Rocket Summer, The Audition, etc. All bands I know and love. Then Alex asks me what I’m listening to and I tell him Mayday Parade. I see him smile and remember that they’re his favorite band. We all laugh and start talking about random shit.

Just an hour into the dance, we’re still talking and then this dude comes up. Let me tell you, he’s the most amazing dude I’ve ever laid eyes on. He’s got beautiful, long, black, swishy “emo” hair that has electric green streaks in it. It perfectly compliments his green eyes, which are a stunning emerald color. The snakebites he has currently have purple hoops in, the first time I’ve ever seen a guy with that color in his snakebites. AND he has a Hawthorne Heights shirt on. What more could I want?

He smiled at all of us and asked, “Mind if I sit here? None of my friends from school are here, and you guys are the kinda people I love to be around.”

They all looked at me, because they always force me to make the decisions. I smiled warmly at the dude and said, “Sure you can sit here. We don’t mind.”

“So, what’s your name?” Alex asks.

“The name’s Jake, and what are all of your names?” His voice is amazing, it sounds like he sings in a band.

Everyone around the table goes around saying they’re names, and when everyone else is done, I say, “And I’m Sky. It’s nice to meet you.”

“Sky... Hmm, what a cool name.” He says with a gleam in his eyes.

Of course, being me, I blush and say thanks. Then I notice he has an earphone in.

“Jake, what are you listening to?” I ask casually.

“At the moment I’m listening to Mindless Self Indulgence. I love MSI. Ever heard of them?” he says.

Excitedly I say, “Of course! I mean, who hasn’t? They’re newest album is simply amazing.”

He laughs (God, his laugh is like the angels singing up high), and says, “It really is! It seems like all of you dudes-and dudettes- listen to some pretty sweet music.”

I giggle and say, “Here in our little group, there is nothing but rock. Okay, and some pop like Katy Perry, but mostly rock and shit like that. NO RAP OR HIP-HOP!” I say this like I was going to kill the next person who said they liked rap or hip-hop.

“Jesus, you sound angry!” Jake starts laughing and everyone else joins in, including me.
♠ ♠ ♠
hehe, the title is from Monsoon by Tokio Hotel
all i gots ta say, love it or hate it ;]