Beyond the World

Would It Kill You To Care?

We eat in silence, and then Amy brings us the check and Jake pays for it. We say goodbye to Amy, then walk out the door hand in hand, with Amy screaming “Ow Ow!” behind us. I was looking at Jake, but I turn my head away, turning a deep red from embarrassment. Jake and I walk in silence back to the park, this time sitting underneath a giant tree. Silently I look at Jake, and then he takes a deep breath…

Jake’s POV

We sit underneath the weeping willow tree, and I know I have an apology to make to Sky. I can’t believe I just went and kissed [/] her like that! I feel so stupid, I don’t even know if she likes me back. I swear to God, if she hates me for kissing her I’ll sit in my room and die alone. Or worse, start something I promised myself I’d never ever do again…

So, I take a deep breath and begin my apology.

“Listen, Sky, I am so sorry. I shouldn’t have gone and kissed you like that, it was totally uncalled for and wrong. I know you don’t like me, and even if I like you that’s okay, I’ll be fine if you still just want to be friends. If you hate me, I understand why you would. But seriously, I’m really, really sorry.”

I think Sky looks kind of startled, like she expected me to say something else. I can feel it coming, her screaming at me to get out of her life.

Instead, she looks me in the eyes and says, “No, Jake, don’t be sorry, I… I really like you too. I’m glad that you kissed me in there, I would’ve never had the courage to tell you this.”

Now it’s my turn to look startled. She sees my face, and she starts laughing. Not a painful laugh, but a happy laugh, one that I always want to hear from her. I smile and start laughing too.

“So, Sky…” I gulp, then continue, “Will you be… my… my girlfriend?”

Her eyes sparkle and she quickly answers, “Yes, I will be, Jake.”

Then she leans in and kisses me, more passionately than at lunch, if that’s even possible.

I whisper, “Thank you, Sky, thank you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
acck, i'm a retard!
i completely skipped this chapter!
i was supposed to upload this before the chapter i posted earlier, so i deleted that and i'm gonna upload it again...
sorries!