Kiss My Textbook

Running Circles

It was second week of April the fifth to be exact when I was walking to school feeling as high as a kite on happiness. Gerard asked me out on another date for the next day, he told me I could dress casual if I wanted but that’s only if I wanted.

I spotted him from afar perched on the brick fencing of our school with tiny but thick book in his hands. His hair hung over a portion of his face only to have him push it back behind his ear still focused on his reading. A light blush crept onto my face by just watching this simple movement. I slowed my pace when he flipped a page and watched him delve deeper into his book. I suddenly was next to this beauty watching him in awe and adoration. I coughed lightly to get Gerard’s attention and I did.

“Hello Princess,” he spoke softly closing his book.

“I didn’t want to bother your reading or anything. I just couldn’t help myself…” I trailed off playing with my hands.

Gerard smiled warmly and hopped off the fence, “You’re such a silly one, Princess.”

“So what were you reading anyway?”

He slipped the book into his back pocket, “Just some art stuff.”

“You’re an artist?”

Slowly he nodded grinning, “In a way you can say I am.”

“You’ll have to show your work someday,” I said letting my head fall onto his arm.

The bell rang throughout the school campus having the student body walk inside in large masses. I stayed close Gerard but didn’t say a word to him not even when we separated to go to our lockers. My day kept on going until lunch where I was greeted by Bob and Mikey. The third part of their group, Ray, was nowhere to be seen.

“Greetings Frank,” Mikey said letting his coke-bottle glasses fall down the bridge of his nose.

“You shall be dining with us today if don’t mind,” Bob said nodding his head in the direction of the cafeteria where the courtyard doors were located.

“Sure okay,” I mumbled following both Gerard’s younger brother and his companion. We reached their spot where Ray was sitting.

“You’re just on time and I sense little Frank has no idea what is going to happen this week,” he spoke as we sat down.

“I reckon the same,” Bob said nodding in agreement with Ray.

“Good observations boys. I tell him then,” Mikey said fixing his glasses to his preference.

“What’s happening this week?” I asked confused by their secrecy.

“Why it’s my brother’s birthday this Friday. I’m not surprised he didn’t tell you or anything, he’s like that with people he dates. Quite the pesky one I must admit,” Mikey stated shaking his head in disapproval of his brother.

My jaw-dropped when I was told the news, I had to buy him a present a nice one at that. What was going to do? I knew he was a genius so what would a guy who knew practically everything want for his birthday? I started running circles in my head worrying about what to buy.

“He’s running circles in head,” Ray said quietly.

“Oh dear,” Mikey replied calmly.

“What am I going to buy him?” I shouted losing my mind.

“Calm yourself down Franklin, it’s not that hard to shop for my brother,” Mikey verbalized to make me feel better.

“Not that hard?! He’s practically my first boyfriend and I’m not good with presents and why am I Franklin now?! Oh god somebody help me!” I rambled loudly making Bob’s eyes grow wide.

Mikey was alarmed at my reaction as well, “Take a deep breath Frank just buy him some art supplies and an art book. He’ll be content with whatever you buy him. Trust me.”

My breathing regulated and calm spread out between us all, “He did tell me he was an artist in a way this morning.” A light bulb flickered on in my head, “I’ll get him a painting set! He seems like a painter!”

“We’ve lost him boys, he’s gone daffy,” Ray declared.

The bell rang and the trio got up walking away leaving me there. I was still running circles but I could still over hear their conversation as they left.

“I guess we shouldn’t tell him about next month if this is how he reacts to birthdays,” Bob said.

“True but he will find out one way or another,” Ray spoke.

“Let him worry about Gerard’s birthday first and then graduation we don’t want to kill the poor dear,” Mikey pronounced.

Graduation?!
♠ ♠ ♠
The bomb has dropped! Well, two depends how you look at it. I updated pretty quick this time eh? *nudge nudge* The next update will be soon as well! Wish me luck since today is my first concert ever! I'm going to Panic at the Disco with Dashboard Confessional! *dances*

Love and Doodles,

Tara