Skater Boy

Sk8er Boi

He was a boy

Meet Paul Kevin Jonas II, just your average everyday preacher boy next door. At least thats how people always saw him. Until one day he learned how to skateboard. Suddenly he wasn't just a preachers kid, he actually had SOME edge! Skating down the street he would smile and people would greet him. Everyone except Skyler. She was a girl that Kevin had a crush on, and he wanted her to notice him, and she did. One day skating past her she giggled and waved as he almost ran into a light post. Smooth...

She's just a girl

Then there is Skyler Lynn, she was one of the popular girls in school. You know the type, cheerleader, track star, and very bright. She was brilliant when it came to school work, all A's! She played hard was her mission, even when she danced ballet she was intense. Her friends envied it and never admitted to it. Just like she never admitted to having a crush on the preacher boy Kevin Jonas. One day she decided it was time to test the waters and change. Sounds of plastic wheels rolling on pavement turned her from her thoughts as she turned around and saw him rolling past her. "Hi Kevin...", she said in a meek little voice before he rolled right past her in shock rolling close to a light post. Her friends giggled as he jumped off the board and ate some major pavement.

"What a GEEK!",her friend said laughing.

Can I make it any more obvious?

It was after school when Skyler saw Kevin running the track to warm up for their track meet tomorrow. "Mind if I join?",she asked running beside him to warm up. He chuckled and shook his head.

"No, I don't mind", he smiled as his cheeks warmed a bit from more then just the heat of the sun. They both ran around the track before stretching again going there separate ways for their events to practice.

Skyler watched as Kevin did his event, pole volting. His body flying above the mark and him landing on the cushion making his other team mates clap. It was her turn. Running as hard as she could Skyler beat everyone in the hurtles which shocked her as well as the rest of her team. "Great job Sky! If everyone puts as much effort in tomorrow as you all did today...who knows we may go to state this year!", commented the coach as everyone rested. Soon they were dismissed to go home and rest for the day ahead tomorrow.

As everyone walked to their rides Kevin ran after Skyler. "SKY!", he shouted. She turned around and giggled blushing as he caught up. Standing in front of her somewhat breathless. "Would you like a ride home? My mom is here and I mean, your on the way", he smiled seeing her face glow as she nodded. Taking her hand he walked her over to the family van.

He was a punk

Ripped jeans, and hoodies were cool if you're doing the punk look, but not if you wanted to impress the populars. The day after winning the track meet Kevin knew he wanted to impress Skyler. He decided to change his look and wear a polo and slacks thinking maybe he could fit in with her crowed.

"Who does he think he is?", sneered Skyler's friend Lexi. The three friends laughed as he passed by them to get to his next class. "Does he think a change in clothes will change his rep?", she chuckled nudging Skyler who didn't seem to be laughing.

Kevin's plan didn't work on Skyler's friends, but it did work on her. The next day he asked her out and she accepted.

She took ballet

As they sat in Kevin's living room watching 'Save the Last Dance' the two sat close smiling. "You like the movie?", he asked in a whisper. She nodded taking a few bites of popcorn. It came to the last scene where Julia Stiles does her final dance and a smile widened on Skyler's face as she got up and began doing the dance with little trouble.

She danced as if it were what she wanted to do the rest of her life. But the music stopped and so did she. "Keep going...",he said grabbing his guitar and played some notes for her to dance to. Blushing the girl danced around the room feeling free.

What more can I say?

The next week it was as if things had changed for both Kevin and Skyler. They were doing better and better everyday that they were in track beating their own records in their events and even winning the state finals!

"You did great!", he smiled as they walked to the bus taking them home.

Shaking her head she laughed. "No, you did better"

He wanted her

It was the last week of school and Kevin decided to surprise Skyler with roses at her locker. He knew she wouldn't want them to be seen so he simply taped a single rose to her locker, then in each class would leave a single rose at her desk. When class was over he stood outside the doors with the final four roses making her blush. Her friends were still at their lockers before they could see their friend take the roses from the punk preacher's kid.

She'd never tell, secretly she wanted him as well

Joe, and Nick watched as Kevin's smile began to fade everyday he and Skyler spent in the house. "Why can't we tell them that we've been going out?", Kevin asked one night. With a sigh the once sweet and fun girl the Jonas family got to know was letting her reputation get the best of her.

"We just can't! Do you know how hard high school would be for me?! For US I mean", she said covering her mouth. Now he saw what she truly cared about now, it wasn't him and how happy they were together. Their relationship as friends meant nothing to her compared to her popularity.

But all of her friends, stuck up their nose, and they had a problem with his baggy clothes

It spread through the halls like wild fire that Skyler and Kevin had been seeing each other in private! Her friends were NOT happy at all. The girls saw Skyler walking ahead of Kevin as if she wasn't just talking with him.

Lexi saw right though it as she walked in front of her friend stopping the girl from moving past her. "You and Jonas are together?", she asked.

Skyler shook her head vigorously feeling cornered knowing Kevin was right behind her.

"Prove it!", her friends shouted around her. Skyler looked at her friends then to Kevin, his brothers and friends around him waiting to see what she'd say.

Thoughts shot through her head as she looked up and down Kevin's attire. She had fun with him but it she was afraid he would keep her in New Jersey for the rest of her life. She wanted more then what she felt he could offer. Walking right up to him a smile crossed his face thinking he had won.

"See yah later, boy", she said without regret to his face. Flinging her hair back she turned around to her friends as they walked to their first class.

He was a skater boy, she said "See ya later boy"
he wasn't good enough for her
She had a pretty face, but her head was up in space
she needed to come back down to earth.


Kevin was hurt, but what could he do? Luckily he and his brothers soon left Wyckoff to begin working on their music career! Many at the school, including Skyler and her friends thought they'd end up to be a simple garage band, maybe a one hit wonder. No one expected this not even the Jonas Brothers.

Five years from now she sits at home feeding the baby she's all alone

Skyler like many of her friends were still living in the one place they wanted to leave. She was happy with having her daughter, but was sad to be left with no father for her baby. Sitting in her sweat pants and a dirty t-shirt stared down to her baby girl she thought about how things could be different.

She turns on TV and guess who she sees

"Sy-sy, can we watch Disney?!", shouted Lexi's son jumping up and down, it was hard to believe that the four year old was so bright. She smiled and nodded as she flipped through channels to the children's station and began watching. She dropped the remote when she noticed a not so young Kevin Jonas on the screen with the famous pop sensation 'Hannah Montana'

She watched the show glued to the screen shocked that she hadn't known about his fame until now. While the kids napped in a back room she searched the net and laughed seeing not thousands but MILLIONS of sites devoted to Kevin and his brothers!

"When did you become so famous on me?"

Skater Boy Rockin' up MTV

She smiled watching video upon video of the Jonas Brothers seeing Kevin play his guitar as if he were born with the instrument in his hands. The songs were very catchy, and fun. She laughed as she found herself dancing to it like she used to in school. It was as if the music brought her back to what she totally loved.

She calls up her friends. They already know

Lexi stood at Skyler's door ready to pick up her child after work and was shocked to find her son in the living room with out a sitter in the room. "Sky?", she asked nervously walking around the house in fear that something had happened to her best friend. Holding to her son she finally found Skyler in her computer room staring at the screen.

Memorized by the screen Skyler's eyes never left her computer even as Lexi shouted from the door. Lexi shook her friends arm setting her boy down to watch tv. "Did you know about this? Look! Kevin became famous"

"Yeah, it's people like him that are making me realize how petty we were in school", the now adult Lexi said looking down at the imaginary dirt underneath her nails.

Turning her computer chair around the two girls winced at one another and sighed. "Doesn't seem important that we were popular in school anymore huh?", Skyler said quietly as "Hold On" played behind her.

And they've all got tickets to see his show

Days later their were tickets on sale for the Jonas Brothers Burning Up Tour and Lexi smiled holding five tickets. "This is the beauty about these guys! They are a family group, no need to worry about them being too trashy for kids! They're music is good for all of us!", she said.

Lexi held the tickets as her friend looked at the seats to see they were so close. "These must have been easy to get", Skyler laughed as Lexi stared at her in shock.

"ARE YOU KIDDING!? I had to type like a mad woman and hurry to get THIS close! These ticket's sell in minutes because of those three!", her best friend chuckled. Skyler was shocked, she didn't know they were THAT huge! Holding her tickets Skyler bit her lower lip. "And guess what, I got us backstage passes! We get to meet the gu-well our kids get to MEET them, we get to re-introduce ourselves!", Lexi explained holding two passes, one for Skyler, the other for her baby.

She tags along, stands in the crowd . Looks up at the man that she turned down

It's too late to pretend.
You know me better than I know myself.
Don't take my heart and put it on a shelf.


The lyrics were fun, but hard to listen to as Lexi and she stared up at their old class mates. His hair in tight springing curls the two girls found themselves laughing at how dumb they were in school. As the concert ended they quickly made their way to the meet and greet. Standing in line with hundreds of screaming girls, some crying, others were bragging about how they met the boys in a concert miles away. "When did kids become crazy about bands?", Skyler asked with a laugh. Lexi just shrugged switching her son to her other hip.

"Hope you enjoyed the show", Nick said as the girl ahead of Lexi and Skyler went to the next brother and they were standing in front of them with their kids. Getting hugs and autographs from the two younger boys Skyler bit her lower lip as she got closer and closer to Kevin.

Not much longer and her eyes met his hazel ones. "Skyler?", he asked with a smile. She nodded shocked that he even remembered her. He laughed as her daughter made bubbles with her spit. "What can I do for you today", he questioned a smile still on his face. She handed her CD for him to sign.

He was a skater boy,she said "See ya later boy"
he wasn't good enough for her
now he's a super star
slamin' on his guitar
does your pretty face see what he's worth?


She smiled holding her CD as Kevin and his brothers played with her daughter on the signing table. There was still a line as the two friends stood before the boys. "I miss you Kevin", she said quickly so to not hold up the guys longer.

He and his brothers looked up to her as if shocked she would say something like that. "Uh, thanks", he said. Her face dropped feeling the sudden feeling that he didn't really care. "It was nice seeing you girls again, maybe I'll see you again huh?", he smiled handing Skyler's daughter back to her. With a nod the girls backed away from the table.

Tears pricked Skyler's eyes as they walked back to the car. "Mommy why is Si-si crying?", asked the little boy in Lexi's arms.

"Because, she's happy for our friend", Lexi answered.

Sorry girl but you missed out,
well tough luck that boys mine now.

We are more than just good friends,
this is how the story ends.

Too bad that you couldn't see,
see that man that boy could be.

There is more that meets the eye,
I see the soul that is inside


Skyler lay in bed that night watching TV and sighed as she watched Jonas Brothers being talked about on E! "Jonas brothers are taking the world by storm! There isn't any girl out there that I think could deny these boys!", said the blonde host Ryan Seacrest.

He's just a boy

Kevin Jonas now stood on the stage and smiled as thousands of girls screamed his name, as well as for his brother. As the three joined hands and bowed the screams erupted even louder then before. Who knew that at twenty he could go from being the once skater boy to such a well known artist.

At there LA home he found himself skateboarding down the streets just for fun. The sound of plastic wheels spinning on pavement sent him back in time to when he was fifteen.

And I'm just a girl

Sounds of another board hitting pavement brought Kevin from his thoughts as the girl skating beside him was the girl he was currently interested in. She smiled as they skate boarded side by side. "Mind if I join?", Marie Christine giggled. He smiled and shrugged as they rolled down the street.

Marie Christine was a friend of the Jonas' adopted sister Maya. Marie was like the girls adopted sister on the road. She wasn't popular in school, but she didn't care, she was just herself.

Can I make it any more obvious

As the two rode their boards back to the Jonas house Kevin smiled taking Marie's hand. Lacing their fingers the two laughed almost falling down on the pavement the two just laugh.

We are in love, haven't you heard,
how we rock each others world


"News today Kevin Jonas MAY be dating!", Skyler heard on the TV. Running to her living room she was shocked to see Kevin holding hands with a girl. Shaking her head she rubbed her neck to keep from crying. She truly had lost Kevin. Walking to her daughters room she watched her daughter sleeping.

She left the room and walked into the living room again watching the music video for 'Shelf'. The three boys she knew in school were now famous and far from Jersey. Shaking her head she chuckled. And to think that she left him thinking she'd be forever be in Wyckoff because of him, when she actually could be doing the opposite right now with him.

"We really were petty"

I'm with the skater boy, I said "See ya later boy"
I'll be back stage after the show
I'll be at a studio
singing the song we wrote
about a girl you used to know!
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you all liked it! I just felt nerdy about how I wrote this. I knew Kevin skateboards and thought this would be a fun one-shot! Then I laugh now because TONIGHT they are playing with Avril and she'll be singing that song! haha PLEASE comment and let me know what you think!

God Bless

And I hope that anyone in NC enjoys their show tonight ;) God bless to the boys and I hope they have a great show tonight!