The Fall

Charlie

She's a looker.

I talked with her a bit.

Then it got late, so I went off back to the building.

The Kid always stays close to Michael. She's very wary of me.

She can tell.

The way an animal can sense things like that, you know?

It's just one of those weird things.

She was asleep, curled up near Michael, who was chewing his nails. He's got a habit of doing that.

"What were you doing?" Michael asked.

"Talking to some chick."

"You like her?"

"I don't like anybody."

"That's not true."

"It is," I assured him. "I took a bunch of tests when I was younger. Apparently, I have no compassion or empathy for others."

"That's not true."

"It is. I could kill you and the Kid right now if I wanted."

He stared at me suspiciously.

"Really?"

I pulled the switchblade out of my back pocket and snapped it open. Then I held it to his face real close, grinning.

I could see the fear in Michael's face growing. The color draining.

I chuckled and knicked his lip with the tip of his blade. He jerked backwards in suprise and brought his hand to his lip as a thin stream of blood began to trickle out of it.

I grabbed the front of his shirt and leaned over, and licked the stream of blood from his lips.

Then I jumped up, lazily grinning at him. "Don't get your hopes up," I added. "It was the blood."

Baffled, he stared intently at the ground, dabbing his finger at the cut.

"I've gotta take a leak," I announced to him. I climbed out of one of the crevices in the side of the unfinished building to find a quiet corner.

I lust at the idea of control.

I really, truly, do.

The very image, the very thought of playing God, and lording over all of these pathetic ants makes me weak at the knees. It really does.

And I'm gonna get there.

I'll be their Master. Their leader.

Dictatorship? Sounds beautiful.

They'll be Mine.

I'll own them.

Holy fuck...

I'm glad the Kid's asleep. Most of the time she's squawking on about us all dying.

I'd kill her myself, but I think there's something behind what she's saying. I'd like to know.

I want to the island to myself.

It can't blow up.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments. Now. Or I'll eat you all.