Since You Left Me, Things Have Never Been The Same

Oneshot

"Renee, you have to come with us to the Bring Me The Horizon concert!" Layla begged.
"No!" I hissed.

I knew who's in that band. How could I ever forget my ex-best friend for 7 years? Oliver Scott Sykes. Oh, how I loved you dearly. I gave you everything and you threw it all away before we graduated!

I met Oli in 6th grade, first day of school. I didn't realize I liked him more than a friend until highschool.
Highschool, a sick sick place. Throughout those years I've dealt with all his hookups, our fights, and worst of all, his drunken nights. I kept it a secret that I liked him until I met Nicole in 11th grade, I thought I could really trust her, I told her as much as I wanted to. Then finally, at the end of senior year, I told her that I've had a crush on him all through highschool. Apparently, she thought it would be funny if she told him, which she did, without me knowing. On the same day, I built up the confidence to tell him myself.

-Flashback-
Afterschool, I walked out the front doors to our regular meeting spot, only to be faced with my angry bestfriend.

"Umm Oli, I have to tell you something."
"Save it, don't say what I think you're going to say, because I don't feel the same way."

Then he walked away, out of my life.

-End Of Flashback-

Those were his last words to me. After we graduated, we've gone our seperate paths. I went to college to get my Bachelor's degree for computers, and he didn't go to college, but instead stayed in his band. They're slightly famous now.

I'm 21 years old, I haven't seen or talked to Oli in 3 years. Of course, my good friends Layla and Melanie don't know that, or that I used to be best friends with the Oliver Sykes.
I met them at my first college year, we are dorm roommates. I haven't told them anything about my past, because I really didn't want to get too personal.

"Why won't you come? You love Bring Me the Horizon!" Melanie remarked.
That's true, their music is amazing.
"I've heard that the members are douchebags." I lied.
"Oh come on. I know that's not true, what's the real reason why you won't go?" Layla asked.
"Okay fine, you want to know the real reason?" I asked.
They nodded.

I told them the whole story about me and Oli, including how Nicole ruined our friendship. Every fucking detail.
They were astonished.
"Wow."They replied after hearing my story.

"You're going to have to face him sooner or later. You can't just avoid him for the rest of your life." Melanie said.
"Who knows? Maybe he won't see you, or recognize you." Layla added.
"Fine. I'll go." I decided.
They cheered.

Currently, it was 5:30pm, which meant that we had around an hour to get ready since the concert starts at 7.

I changed into a purple zebra print tank top, black skinny jeans, and purple skimmer flats.
I left my hair the way it is, straight. Then I put on purple eyeshadow blended with black eyeshadow, thick black liner, volumizing mascara, and a rosy colored blush.

When we were satisfied with the way we looked, we got out of our dorm, and Layla drove us the the venue.
It took her about 15 minutes to drive us. When we arrived, I started trembling.
I didn't know whether my decision to go would affect my life for the better or worse. We bought our tickets at the box office, then walked inside the crowded venue. We pushed people out of the way in order to get up front. We succeeded, and waited a few minutes before Bring Me The Horizon walked on stage.

I looked up and saw the beautiful boy I once knew. He was still gorgeous as ever, with even more tattoos as before, and he took out one of his liprings, as well as his bridge piercing. Bring Me The Horizon started off with the song, Who Wants Flowers When You're Dead? Nobody. Oli kept glancing at me. Which made me scared.

I really hoped he didn't recognize me. But then again, I did look slightly different from before. I used to have long dark brown choppy hair, with no piercings. Now I have bright red hair that's even more choppy than before, spiderbites, and septum.

After the concert, I followed Layla and Melanie around the venue, they were hoping to get some autographs.
"There's Oli!" Melanie pointed out.
He was leaning agaisnt the wall with his head down.
"I should go to the car, meet me there when you're done." I said and walked off to the parking lot.

Soon after, I heard footsteps behind me, but I ignored them and kept walking.

"Hey Ren." A voice I knew said.
I look to my right and saw Oli.

"Long time now see." He said.
"Yep." I replied.
"Look, I'm sorry." He said, and stopped walking. I stopped also and looked up at him. I needed to hear what he has to say.

"I overreacted. Truth is, I liked you too. It's just that I didn't realize it then, and I was scared to lose our friendship." Oli admitted.
"But you threw it away anyways!" I raged.
"I know." He sighed.
"It was the biggest mistake of my life." He added.
"It's too late now."I shook my head.
"It's never too late for anything. We could start over. Here," He grabbed my arm and took a sharpie out of his pocket, and wrote down digits on my arm.
"That's my new number. We should hang out sometime." He smiled.

His smiles were my weakness. I gave in and said,
"Alright. See you later."
"Goodbye. But oh, there's something I owe you." He said.
"What?" I asked.

"This,"
and then his lips met mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
My first oneshot.
I think it's hella long, sorry.
That' why I don't write them, because it's too long for just one chapter.
Anyways,
I hope you liked it.:D
Commentttt.