Shut Your Mouth and Get Down on the Floor

You're Just A Phone Call Away

So if Gabe Saporta was no longer part of my life then why did I stare at my phone for a good hour as soon as I got home?

Sure I knew Gabe was, at most times, a dumbass, that didn’t mean I should put him out of my life, right?

Yes, you should. You weren’t even supposed to see him again.

God I was just holding onto the past. I was different now, wasn’t that obsessive Midtown fangirl that I used to be. I’d gotten what I wanted and that should have been enough.

But it just wasn’t…

The night before I hadn’t been able to sleep. I’d been thinking about Gabe.

And that wasn’t right. I should have talked about this with Devin, but I was afraid to. He’d think something was wrong with me, that I had issues if I couldn’t get over him and think about the future only me and him were supposed to have.

I fell back against the couch and sighed.

Well Devin wasn’t home; he wouldn’t be home for awhile.

But wait, Gabe was still at Warped! He’d most likely be busy…he had to be. Fine, I’d call and he wouldn’t pick up and then I wouldn’t feel so bad.

It rang a couple of times, and then to my regret I heard that familiar voice.

“Gabe Saporta, at your service,” I could see the dumbass beaming.

“Gabe, it’s me.”

“Oh, hey Mae! How you been baby?”

“I…Don’t call me baby.”

“Sorry hun, something I do,” I could see that smirk. I wanted to slap it off so bad. “What’s up?”

“I just…I miss you,” fuck, don’t say that!

“Oh?” he seemed a little taken aback by it too.

“When are you going to be in New York again?”

“A week,” he replied. “I’m not gonna be busy for awhile when I come home. We can hang out if you want.”

“Oh…I…okay, sounds great,” stupid smile get off my face!

“Kay babes I’ll see you then. But I’ve got to go. Call me later if you’re bored,” he made a kissy noise and then hung up.

I threw my phone as hard as I could on the table and slumped back into my sofa, tears pouring down my face.

A week later and I knocked gently on the door to Gabe’s apartment.

I was prepared for him to be an ass. I was just gonna slap the smirk off his face.

He opened the door and let out a beaming smile.

“Hey baby.”

“Hey Gabe,” I smirked. Just let him be himself.

“Come in,” he pulled me into his apartment. Damn, it was so much bigger than mine.

He was famous, though, he could afford it.

But it was pretty simple. Considering he was a guy, who didn’t even stay here much, and also had a house in Jersey City, it was better than I expected.

Just a few simple units of furniture, of course a huge flatscreen, and then a very modern kitchen, and a huge bathroom with a shower that could fit seven people-he told me he tried fitting people in once, so I know-and even a flatscreen in there too. He gave me a tour of the house.

“You thirsty, hungry?” he asked as we went back into the living room.

“No, thanks.”

“Good, I’m out of everything,” he laughed and we sat down on the couch. “What brings you about?”

“I dunno…I just wanted to hang out.”

He smirked. “Right.”

“What?”

“From what I know, you think I’m an ass. I really doubt you’d want to just ‘hang out’ with me. Obviously there’s something you want to talk about.”

This was awkward, I didn’t know what to say.

I looked at his face, so gorgeous. His lips, so red and delicious and inviting…

“What’s wrong, Mae?” he looked concerned.

“N-nothing. I have to go,” I was panicking. I got up and headed for the door.

“What?! Wait!” he called after me.

But I left faster than he could get to me.

I felt nauseous as I drove home.
♠ ♠ ♠
logan is slightly saddened. she could have seen sex-on-legs himself tonight, but she did not.
logan want comments.