Shut Your Mouth and Get Down on the Floor

Hey Baby..

Please come over Mae. I didn’t mean to scare you away or anything… We really need to talk, no running away, no excuses, I know you’re there. I’m free all week.

I listened to that message for about the tenth time that day.

“Are you alright?” Devin asked, walking into the room and sitting next to me.

“Yeah, I’m fine,” I lied.

“You look stressed, honey,” he frowned.

I threw my arms around him and hugged him tight. “I love you.”

“Is there any suspicion you don’t?” he looked at me straight.

“Of course not.”

“You’ve been acting weird,” he said bluntly.

I sighed. “I haven’t been getting much sleep is all.”

He smiled and wrapped his arms around me. “Alright, take a nap on me.”

I smiled and snuggled with him on the couch. I pretended to sleep, he fell asleep, but I was still lying there upon his chest, wondering what was really wrong with me.

It was only when I was out the next day doing a little shopping with time to spare that I returned his call.

“What’s crackin, Gabe Saporta talkin,” he said as soon as he picked up the phone.

I had to suppress my giggles. “Hey Gabe, it’s Mae.”

“Finally returning my call?”

“Uh yeah…um…can I come over for a bit, so we can talk?” I asked.

I could see his smile. “Sure.”

As I drove to his apartment a cold rain started to pour down over New York.

I got caught in it for a good block, since I didn’t live in the building I couldn’t park there, and instead I had to park all the way down the street.

No matter, I’d only go to talk to him looking terrible.

He opened the door and tired to hold back a smirk. “Looks like you got caught in the rain.”

I pushed my way through the door.

“You want something dry?” he asked.

“I…ah…no I’m fine,” I said, though I really did want something dry.

My heart started to beat fast as I followed him to the couch.

I knew he was going to be blunt with me. Either that, or insane.

He went into the kitchen and grabbed a few Vitamin Water and snacks.

“You’re going to be here awhile,” he smiled and sat next to me.

“Who says?”

He changed the subject. “Devin is the world to you, right?”

“Yeah…”

“You’re hesitant,” he smirked.

“No I’m not!” I slapped him. “I want to spend the rest of my life with him. I want to marry him, have his babies.”

But for the first time in my life…I almost didn’t believe what I was saying.

“Alright. That’s all I needed to know,” he shrugged. I could tell from his expression there was more to it, but he wanted to hide that from me.

“Fine, then I can go,” I moved to get up but he pulled me back down.

“Can’t you just hang out for awhile? It’s not like I’m going to rape you or anything, Mae.”

“Maybe I’m not so sure.”

He laughed. He laughed pretty funny. It made me laugh as well.

“Why do you have to be nervous around me?” he asked.

“I…I’m not. But there was something between us.”

“Calm down, there’s nothing now. I think we can be friends.”

I felt my face redden. Maybe I did like him, maybe I did want more than a friendship…

“Okay.”

“Hug?” he held his arms out for me, and I hugged him tight. He smelled so good, and his body was so warm. Hmm…
♠ ♠ ♠
so yay for the update, right??
i would like if you commented. i will update uber soon :]