Shut Your Mouth and Get Down on the Floor

I've Fallen For You...

The New York streets were crowded and gosh it was so far away but I ran all the way to his apartment. Sure I got laughs and a few people ran to me and asked if I was okay. I didn't reply; I just gave them a smile.

I was out of breath and felt like I was going to pass out as stared down the door of Gabe's apartment. I was sure I looked a mess but at that moment I knew he wouldn't care.

"Oh please be here.. please be here.." I muttered.

I knocked on the door.

"Who is it?" I heard Gabe's voice. My heart jumped.

"It's Mae," I called back through the door.

I heard a few other voices. Great time to pick him, Mae, seriously.

It took him a moment to reply. "I'll be there in a minute."

I heard him unlocking the door. He opened it and I nearly drooled. God he was so hot.

His gaze flew instantly to my dress. "Mae..I.. what are you doing here?"

His friends all crept behind him, probably wondering why there was a girl in a wedding dress at the door. But I wasn't embarassed to say what I had to say.

"Gabe I was thinking. Maybe it took me a little bit longer than it should have.." I looked down at my dress. "But I can't marry him and just pretend I love him. And I can't forget about you. Forgetting you is the most impossible thing to do. After the Midtown show, after Warped, after I got engaged. All I can think about is you and how much you mean to me. I could never marry someone else and forget. Gabe, I love you," I explained, happy tears rolling down my face.

The girl that was in his apartment looked about to cry as well. I noticed them then as the rest of the band. God I was interupting. But God it kind of felt good.

"I love you too Mae," Gabe was trying to hide the fact that he was about to cry too. He ran to me and wrapped his arms around me. He kissed me passionately and twirled me around.

I could hear the collective 'aw' come from the rest of the group.

Gabe, still holding me close, turned to them. "Can you guys come back tomorrow? Please."

"Yeah sure," the girl said.

"Have fun, kiddies," the one guy said and punched Gabe encouragingly in the arm.

He smiled at me and pulled me inside.

"You left your wedding," he said, more of a statement than a question.

I nodded. "I was afraid someone would run after me. No one did so I kept on running."

"And here you are," he smiled. "You look flushed.." he touched my cheek. "But so beautiful. God you're gorgeous."

I blushed. "Gabe.."

He quieted me. "You don't have to explain a thing. I lost so many nights of sleep over you. The band was so worried about me, so I told them what happened and how I felt and how I thought you felt and Vicky told me you'd be back. I thought she was crazy but here you are. Did you really leave him at the alter?"

I giggled slightly. "No. Instead of walking out into the service, I just ran."

He grabbed my hand. "Mae I..I'm sure this was so hard for you. I don't want you to regret your choice."

"I could never regret you," I said quietly and went to kiss his cheek, but he moved just so I caught the side of his mouth.

"I want to make you happy," he said, placing his forehead against mine, our lips still close.

"You do make me happy, so happy. And that's why I'm here. Left all my friends and family and.." I sighed.

"You regretting leaving already?" he asked.

I shook my head. "It's not that. I just feel bad. So much money and planned things, down the drain. I feel so terrible for dragging it out."

"You shouldn't feel terrible. You just figured it all out now. I'm sure if you explain it.. maybe if I'm there with you, then they'll understand?"

"I hope. Vee will probably cover for me. I'm pretty sure she's the only one that knows. It's just I never even told Devin anything about you, not even just the Midtown show and I feel..."

He put a finger to my lips. "Stop worrying. What matters is right now. You're here with me and everything is okay."

I nodded.

He looked down at my dress and smiled. "I'm sure that cost you a lot. Do you want to go hang it up? I mean you could get married again someday.." he smiled dumbly. God he was a dork. I loved him so much.

"Yeah you want to help? The zipper is in the back," I stood up and pulled my hair away.

He unzipped it and slipped it down my body, his hands running over my figure. I was only wearing a slip and a pair of panties underneath, and the slip was rather see-through.

I stepped out of the dress and placed it on the couch and turned back to him. I could see that desire in his eyes. I jumped into his arms and kissed him. He kissed me back, a wide smile on his face, and carried me into the bedroom.

Isn't it kind of funny? My wedding night and I was with Gabe. I never would've guessed it.

But as we laid there, my head against his chest, both of us looking silently at the other, I knew that I had made the right choice.

Plus, he was so much better in bed.

Just saying ;)
♠ ♠ ♠
the end?
you tell me.

comments are so lovely.