You're the Voice Inside My Head

You Give Me Butterflies

Ever since the 8th grade I’ve had these feelings for Alex Gaskarth. I don’t know what it was about him; maybe his charming looks, or his irresistible personality. I’ve only talked to him a few times but I didn’t have it in me to actually say more then a shyly “hi”. It’s now the 9th grade and I still have this huge crush on Alex. Alex’s best friend Jack Barakat is about the only one of his friends I can talk to.

Now being a freshman I still have the same two best friends who have always been there for me; Jasmine and Cristal. I don’t know how I would have gotten through middle level without them. I trust them with my life; we’re basically inseparable from each other. We hang out 24/7 and never get sick of each other. Jasmine is a couple months older than me and Cristal is 2 years older then me; age doesn’t bother us because we’ve known each other for a while now.

Jasmine and Cristal know all about me having “the hots” for Alex. Jasmine seems to have this thing for Jack; though she denies it she still gives off signs leading to having interest in him. Now Cristal has a little different pick on the guys; she has the hots for William Beckett. He hangs around these four other guys while Alex and Jack hang out with two others. Cristal doesn’t think Will likes her but I see him giving her the casual “look” every now and then.

Since Cristal isn’t in the same grade as Jasmine and I we don’t see each other much throughout the school day. Also this year Cristal is graduating; I don’t even want to think about it! We don't get to talk to her that much just casual meetings during breaks; but it’s better than not seeing her. So that leaves Jasmine and I alone most of the day; which is alright.

After class Jasmine and I were walking towards our lockers which were right next to each other for our books needed for the next class. That’s when he walked by and stood next to the vending machine not too far from our lockers. Jasmine was going on about something but I couldn’t seem to pay attention.

“Renae you know you don’t have to completely ignore me when he catches your eye” she complained.

I could feel her eyes burning with frustration at me. “I’m so sorry” I said as I stopped to look at her. “You know I have problems” we both laughed at that.

“Why don’t you just go talk to him?” she asked.

“Are you seriously asking me this? You know I didn’t even remember my name last time you and Cristal convinced me to talk to him. He probably remembers that; great first impression” I sighed.

“Oh come on Renae, not everyone has a perfect first impression; that’s why you need to get your ass over there and talk to him!”

I slightly turned my head to see Alex still standing there with Jack. “Fine but…this isn’t going to end well”

I shut my locker and started walking over to him. I turned around to see Jasmine giving me a thumbs up. I had no idea what I was going to say to him without making a fool of myself. But things don’t always go as planed. I walked right in front of him; him and Jack looked at me like they were expecting me to say something and all I did was completely turn around and run back to my locker.

“Wow I thought you’d last a little longer than that” she scolded.

“Give me a break it isn’t easy talking to the guy I-“ I was cut off by a single tap on my shoulder and Jasmine looked mesmerized. So I turned around to see who was tapping me.

“Hey Renae! Did you want to talk or something?” Jack said

“Well um I just wanted to see how things were going with you, we haven’t talked for awhile.” I tried covering up the real reason I stumbled over there.

“Oh well hey why don’t you…and your friend hang out with my after school, so we can catch up and well” as he whispered in my ear “your friends quite the looker” I giggled at his remark.

“Well yeah we’d love to hang out with you after school” I replied. Jack winked at both Jasmine and I before he took off down the hall.

“Oh my god! I can’t believe you did that to me! I’ll be a nervous reck!” she sighed.

“C’mon Jasmine it won’t be so bad; think of this as a favor you guys can get to know each other…in more than one way” I smiled

“What is that suppose to mean? Also you should have thought before you answered him; you know Alex will be hanging out with us too. Jack and him always hang out, you got yourself into this one”

The bell rang so it was time for class to begin. The rest of the day I was in a daze. What did I just get myself into; Jasmines right I know Alex will be there. I’m going to make a complete fool out of myself and ruin any chances I have with Alex. I had no clue what I was going to do; let alone say. I’m not very good at starting conversations when I’m nervous.
♠ ♠ ♠
Cristal & Jasmine