You're the Voice Inside My Head

Please Don't Tell Me That I'm Dreaming

~Back to Renae’s P.O.V~

I can’t believe Jasmine last night. How dare her do that to me; she’s so mean. I continued pouting for a little while to myself.

“Oh c’mon you can’t be mad at me seriously! You’re basically going on a date with him later because I called him.” She teased.

“I know stop saying that! You’re making me more nervous. I’m not mad at you I’m just really surprised I guess. But oh my god; he asked me to hang out with him alone! I love you Jasmine!” I nearly screamed hugging her.

“Ha ha I had a feeling you’d lighten up; anyways lets go find Jack before class starts.” She pleaded.

“Oh fine but we only have about five minuets so we got to hurry; I don’t want to be late my teachers a real prick about people showing up late.” I said.

“Yay; I promise you won’t be late!” she said grabbing my hand and pulling me along to go find Jack.

We finally found Jack beside the bathrooms with Alex. I couldn’t take this; I thought I’d be okay but just seeing him fills my gut with butterflies. “Jasmine I’m going to be late; I’ll see you at lunch.” I started to turn my back and walk away.

“Renae!” I heard Alex call to me.

I turned around and he was staring at me with those amazing brown eyes. “…hey” I responded.

He started walking closer to me along with Jack and Jasmine. “I was wondering if I’d see you this morning before tonight.” He said.

Jack raised his eyebrow “oh what’s this you two? Finally dating?” he asked.

I looked down and started blushing “…no we’re not dating; just hanging out later.” Alex spoke for me.

“Alone?” Jack questioned.

“Yep, well I got to go or I’ll be late for class. See you tonight Alex.” Those last words basically made their way out my lips without me realizing. I just turned around and headed for my first class.

I couldn’t wait until school was over to tell Cristal what’s happening. Since we don’t have lunch together I only see her after school or a little in the hallways. I wonder what she’ll do when I tell her. It was now lunch time which just made me happier because it meant I was this much closer to getting out of school. I saw Alex, Rian, and Zack sitting at our usual spot. I walked over to the table and sat next to Zack which was right across the table from Alex.

“Where’s Jack and Jasmine?” I questioned.

“Ha ha they got busted for making out in the hallway and got in school suspensions. They have to sit in different rooms all day doing school work alone.” Rian told me.

“Figures those horn dogs would do something like that.” I giggled.

“Where’s your lunch?” Zack asked looking at me.

“I’m not hungry.” I said.

“You got to eat.” He said.

“Chill out I will later; there’s too much on my mind for me to eat anyways.” Yet again I didn’t realize I’d said too much.

“Thinking about your little date later with Alex aren’t you?” Rian teased me.

“I got to go.” I said getting up and leaving the cafeteria.

~Alex’s P.O.V~

“Did I saw something wrong?” Rian asked.

“…Well we’re not going on a date; we’re just hanging out. Everyone is getting at her about us dating when we’re not which is probably annoying. I’m sure she doesn’t think anything of us dating so she finds it annoying. You guys can’t tell her I like her either; I’ll do it myself when the times right.” I said.

“Fine.” Rian and Jack said.

“What are you even going to do with her?” Zack asked.

“Everything” Rian whispered.

“Shut up.” I said hitting Rian. “Well I haven’t given it much thought really; I was just too busy thinking about being with her.” I continued,

“Well start planning; you’re running out of time.” Zack reminded me.

“I will; I wonder where Renae went anyways before Rian made her leave.” I said.

“Sorry I didn’t know she’d get upset about that. I think someone’s in the hallway crying.” Rian said.

~Renae’s P.O.V~

Here I was up against the wall being yelled and hit at by ex-boyfriend David. He was the overly jealous type and he was abusive.

“You like him better than me don’t you?” He yelled.

I couldn’t say anything; all I could do was cry. “You probably slept with him already you stupid whore.” He said smacking me across the face. “No one will ever be better for you than I was you stupid bitch.” I saw him bring his arm back about to smack me; I shut my eyes tight.

This time his hand didn’t reach my face. I opened my eyes to see Alex standing in front of me holding David’s hand back. “Don’t ever let me hear you call Renae those words again or I’ll personally beat the shit out of you.” He said punching David to the ground. I never thought Alex had it in him to be the violent type.

“What ever.” David said getting up and walking away.

Alex turned around looking at me with sad eyes. He reached his hand up to see the red marks left on my face. I started crying more than I was before and I couldn’t help but to embrace him tightly.

“It’s okay; he’s not going to bother you anymore.” He said putting his arms around me and holding me close.

This was the first time I’d ever hugged him before. His body felt so warm and inviting.

“…thank you.” Was all that escaped my lips.

I let go of him; now staring at the ground. He wiped away my tears with his fingers.

“You can postpone tonight if you want. I’ll understand.” He said.

“No it’s okay; if you don’t mind I want to still spend time with you tonight.” I smiled.

That seemed to make his face lighten up as it once did. “You should go to the principal and tell him what happened.” He said.

“How am I suppose to explain an abusive overly obsessive ex-boyfriend?” I questioned.

“…that thing is your ex?” he asked.

“…I don’t like talking about it but I wouldn’t even call it that. It wasn’t even two weeks before he started hitting me. I broke up with him and now he doesn’t leave me alone.” I said disapointed.

“what a bastard; how could anyone abuse their girlfriend? Exspecially you.” He sounded upset. It made me feel happy a little but I was still upset about the whole thing.

“…I guess some people are just like that. You should get to class; I don’t want to make you late. I’ll walk to the principal’s office.” I said.

“Screw the teachers; I’m walking you there.” He said.

I felt relived I didn’t have to go alone. Also why is he acting like he’s so worried about me? We started walking to the principal’s office. When we got there I had to tell him about what happened and Alex said he was a witness and punched him to protect me, I guess not caring if he got a little bit in trouble. David got suspened from school which made me happy.

“You should go home now; I know it’s almost the end of the day but you’ve had a rough time.” The principal said.

I looked at Alex and said “well I don’t mind finishing the day it’s okay.”

“Well how are you going to explain your brusies to everyone?” the principal asked.

“Right…I almost forgot about that.” My voice started cracking.

“Can I walk her home?” Alex spoke up.

“Well you have two more classes, but as of right now with these circumstances I’ll let you end the day early as well. I’ll give a note to the office for you.” He said.

“thanks.” Alex said in return.

Before I knew it Alex took me by the hand and led me out of the office. We went to our lockers and got our bags then left school. As we headed down the hill to my surprise Alex still had my hand in his. I blushed and looked down.

“Oh sorry, I kind of forgot.” He said getting ready to release my hand.

“…You don’t have to be sorry.” Slippled from my lips as I blushed even more.

He smiled at me then held my hand a little tighter then he did before. I’ve had the worst day of my life and yet being with Alex like this made me almost forget the whole thing. The butterflies were coming back and I got used to them for the most part. When we got to my house I couldn’t think of what to say. Thinking that what ever escaped my mouth would be the death of me.

“Do you want to come in?” I tried to stay calm.

“Yeah sure.” He sounded surprised yet pleased.

I unlocked the front door and pulled it open looking back to remind myself he was still there. It was a bit awkward I’d never really had a guy in my house before that I had a total crush on.

“Make yourself at home. My parents won’t be around until five or later so don’t worry about it. I’ll be right back.” I headed into the bathroom to brush my teeth as I looked into the mirror and saw this huge black and blue forming at the bottom of my eye. I forgot all about it until now. I walked out of the bathroom to find Alex sitting on the couch watching television.

He turned to me when I walked in the living room “something wrong?” he asked.

“Well…um…no but I think I want to take a shower, so do you think you’ll manage watching television for 15 minuets or so?” I asked.

“How could I managae without you?” he winked.

I smiled as my cheeks grew red and I turned around to get some clothes out of my room before heading back into the bathroom. After I got out of the shower I got dressed and brushed my hair.
♠ ♠ ♠
srry it took so long to update.

sucky way to end this chapter i know.

comment plz.