Heart-Shaped Box

Holiday

Kemmy's phone went off.

"Ughhh," she moaned, picking it up. "Hello?"

"Where. Are. You." It was Tre. "More importantly, where is Billie, cuz he told me he was going to stay at my house tonight." He paused. "You didn't...have a change of plans, now did you?"

"Well, to be honest, I'm not sure what happened."

There was silence on the other end.

"It's okay Tre! I have this under control," she assured him, but all she got in response was a sigh and a *click*.

"I'm so screwed," Kemmy said aloud before flopping back onto the bed.

"Morning..." Billie Joe mumbled through pillow fabric.

"This-is-all-your-fault!" yelled Kemmy, whacking him with her pillow. "What if I'm pregnant!"

"Then I'll help support you. Why don't you take a Morning After pill or something?"

Kemmy sighed in exasperation. "Fine, but what if the paparazzi find out, or what if Mike finds out? Tre already knows."

"Mike isn't gonna find out, because nobody's gonna tell him," Billie Joe muttered, rubbing his eyes. "I'll kill Tre if he does. But it's not that big a deal --"

"You keep saying that," Kemmy snapped back angrily. "What if--"

Billie Joe cut her off with a kiss, and her lips curved into a smile. "Nothing's gonna happen. I promise."

"If you weren't so fucking attractive..." Kemmy warned him.

"I know, I know."

*~*~*

"We have everything worked out."

"Yeah. After we talked, you know, we got it all sorted. It won't happen again," Kemmy told Mike.

Mike didn't look too sure. "Well...if you say so."

Billie Joe tried to look innocent. And failed.

"Anyway, I better get going - lots of practicing to do, heh heh," Kemmy remarked with a nervous laugh.

"And I have a new song for us to practice," Billie Joe added.

"And someone's car is on fire," Tre commented calmly.

"Wha....OH, SHIT!" yelled Mike, running over to find his car in flames. "What the hell is this?!"

"I didn't do it," Tre said mysteriously, and bit into a hard-boiled egg.

An extremely attractive guy who looked just like a young Kurt Cobain stepped forward. "Uh... was that car yours?" he asked Mike, nervously.

"Yes," Mike said rather irritably.

"That was actually my fault." The guy extended his hand. "I'll buy you a new car. Name's Kurt by the way."

Mike looked like he was about to ask why, then decided against it. "Hi." He shook his hand.

"Kurt...?" Kemmy asked, with raised eyebrows.

"Cobain." He grinned and shook her hand.

"Aren't you supposed to be dead?" Kemmy asked, blushing. He was really really really hot.

"Why does everyone keep asking me that?" Kurt asked no one in particular.

Kemmy started to answer. Then decided against it. Mike and Billie Joe shrugged. Tre hi-fived Kurt, who he was apparently already acquainted with.

"Well, I bet you wanted a new car anyway, right?" Kurt asked Mike, winking at him. Mike just stared. Kurt wasn't fazed. "Let's go find a better one!" he said brightly, and grabbing him by the arm, started for his own car. "C'mon, everybody come!"

Billie Joe burst out laughing at Mike's face. Tre linked arms with Kemmy and started skipping.

They all got in. Mike got shotgun, Kurt took the wheel, Billie Joe took the middle in the back, Kemmy was on the left, and Tre got backseat right.
Billie Joe and Kemmy sitting next to each other caused problems.

Kemmy fought to contain her giggles. "Stop," she hissed to Billie Joe, who just grinned mischeviously. Tre rolled his eyes.

*~*~*

-OUTSIDE MIKE'S HOUSE-

Mike examined the car parked in his driveway.

"It isn't the same," he commented sorrowfully. "But it'll do."

"Of course it will." Tre clapped him on the back. "Practice tomorrow. This had better be in my driveway."

"What is with the cars catching fire?" Kemmy asked.

Kurt quickly changed the subject. "You have a band? I have a band, too! Ever heard of Nirvana?" He smiled hopefully. His smile fell. "Well...I can't get my bandmates to practice anymore. Some bull about how our band broke up. They all think I'm dead. Isn't that crazy?"

"Wow, crazy," Kemmy agreed. She couldn't help checking him out. He was just sooo adorable.

"Look at the time. It's 11 o'clock!" Billie Joe exclaimed. "Kemmy's bedtime. I'll drive you home."

Everyone looked confused/suspicious, including Kemmy, but he opened up the passenger door and Kemmy, sensing that Billie Joe had something on his mind, got in.

"Bye!" Kemmy waved, and to Mike, gave a thumbs up and mouthed don't worry.

Mike just sighed. As they drove away, Kemmy spoke up.

"What was that all about?"

"You were checking him out!" Billie Joe said accusingly. "It was obvious!"

"Well it's not like we're a couple or anything --"

"Who said we weren't?" he asked. "I mean, we had--"

"I know!" yelled Kemmy. "But I'm eighteen, remember? That wasn't supposed to happen in the first place. I already feel bad about it. So you'd better be taking me home, and not anywhere else, got it?"

"I'll take you home," he replied, but he sounded hurt.

Immediately Kemmy regretted her words. "Um...I'm sorry, but I shouldn't have, you know, done any of that. But you're just as much to blame as I am."

"Yeah, I know," muttered Billie Joe, keeping his eyes on the road.
♠ ♠ ♠
Haha. Well, things are about to go from bad to worse.