Dear God, Why'd you Send me to a Host Club?

Maybe it's Enough

For whatever reason, the Host club told me it was best that I continue to stay with Kyouya until they could arrange for a more permanent housing situation. I tried to explain to them that staying with someone else (hell, anyone else) would be better for me, but it wasn't convienent for any of the other members.

I cursed my continuous bad luck. Damn thing followed me over from my world. Sheesh. Talk about a persistent little bastard.

It was too soon that the Host Club meeting ended -- which meant more time with that demon Kyouya. Greaaaaaaaaat.

"Would you stop staring off into space and come on? I need to get home."

Speak of the devil. I gave him my best glare and followed him out of the school.

"What is your problem?" I asked him as we were waiting for the car. When he turned and gave me a incredulous look, I responded, "Seriously! We had a nice conversation last night, and now you're treating me like I'm some diseased animal that you're stuck with! What is up with you?!"

He pushed up his glasses and sighed. "First of all, I am stuck with you. None of the others seem to want you sleeping in their houses because either there's no room or they're uncomfortable with the fact that you seem to have a sketchy past and no one really knows what exactly happened. You could have killed a man for all we know; I can't find a single shred of information on you --"

"Shut up! Shut UP!" I was near tears, but I could see the limo off in the distance."You have no idea what I've been through! No idea what my life was like before I came here! And I definitely don't want to talk about it with you!" With that, I got into the car and slammed the door.

It was a few minutes before Kyouya got into backseat with me from the other side. I angrily wiped my stupid tears away, refusing to let him see that his comment had hurt me.

"You really are a demon." I muttered. He didn't move, speak, or otherwise indicate that he had heard me. I pulled my legs up and hugged them, looking out the window for support. I actually found myself wishing I had Haruhi's, Honey-, or Mori-senpai's number, so I could rant to them about the monster sitting beside me.

It felt like an eternity had passed before we arrived at Kyouya's house. I quickly got out of the car, but it seemed that Kyouya had already gotten beside me. How in the hell he did that, I have no idea. Superhuman speed maybe?

But anyway.

So I went straight to my room and started getting out of the ridiculous school uniform and into some more comfortable clothes. I was almost done before I heard a knock at the door.

"Come in!" I called, figuring it was a maid or something.

I pulled a shirt over my head and was rifling through the drawers of the armoir, trying to find some shorts, before I realized someone was standing in the doorway. I smiled and looked behind the door of the armoir. "Sorry, just finishing getting dres --"

IT WAS KYOUYA. Instead of a sweet, innocent little maid standing in the doorway, IT WAS KYOUYA. Evil, demonic Kyouya. I quickly pulled on the first pair of shorts I could lay my hands on and sat on the bed.

Hopefully he didn't see anything. I didn't even hear the door open!!

"What?" I asked, an edge to my voice.

He sighed and pushed up his glasses. "I owe you an apology." My jaw almost dropped to the floor, but he wasn't done. "I shouldn't have assumed your past like that. I'm just frustrated because this is probably the first time in my life that a computer has failed me."

He ran a hand through his hair, tousling the dark locks.

Wait, what the hell was that? It sounded almost.... romantic. Not the computer thing, the line above me. What the hell is THAT?! There is no way in hell I think he's attractive. Or even nice. Yeah. Okay. Back to reality.

Although he does have nice hair.


"Maybe you shouldn't depend on computers and information so much. Maybe that's your problem -- maybe that's the whole Host club's problem. They just have trouble getting to know other people on a personal level." I replied.

He stared at me for a while before looking away, leaning up against the doorframe.

"Do you...." I swallowed hard, "want to sit down?" With some serious effort, I patted a spot on the bed next to me.

He shook his head. "Actually, I need to get some things done before tomorrow. They're kind of important."

"Oh. Okay then." I swallowed again; trying to be nice is really, really hard when it comes to Kyouya. "Well, if you ever need to talk or something...." I trailed off, rubbing the back of my neck sheepishly. He took that moment to leave, sparing us both some serious embarrasment.

"You're still not forgiven!" I called after him, walking out into the hallway. He entered his room and closed the door like it was no big deal.

But, I thought, maybe it's enough to know he apologized.
♠ ♠ ♠
ACKKKKKKKKKKKKK. I really wish I could get on here more often. :/

hope you enjoy it! Comments are LOVED!