Status: Completed

Best Thing In Town

You Are So Beautiful

Mike stared at the doctor with confusion. "We were told the baby was gonna be a boy. Her OB-GYN even pointed out the penis."

The doctor shrugged. "Mistakes can be made. It may have been the imbilicle cord in the way," cutting said cord and handing the little girl off to the nurses to be cleaned up.

"It doesn't matter," Audrey cried. "She's beautiful." She released her grip on the guys' hands and held her arms up. The nurses had cleaned the baby up and wrapped her in a little pink blanket and began to slowly walk over to the bed and place her in Audrey's awaiting arms.

Mike felt his heart skip a beat. He couldn't believe his eyes. He had a daughter. Another one. And she was the prettiest thing in the whole wide world. He felt the onset of happy tears as he bit down on his bottom lip and failed to keep from smiling like a loon.

"God, she's beautiful."

Audrey looked up at her husband and he met her gaze with a smile. "What are we gonna name her? We just finally settled on Ryan Michael," she stated.

He nodded and glanced up as Tre was peeling off the hospital gown they hospital staff had put him in and then looked back down at his wife with an thoughtful gaze. "What was that name you liked? Laura something?"

Audrey smiled and let her eyes drift down to the baby girl. "Lorelei Christine," she corrected.

"Yeah," Mike replied, sticking his hand out and tapping his finger gently on the tip of the girl's nose. He grinned. "Lorelei."

Both parents grinned as the doctor came up beside them. "So you decided on a name, then?"

"We did," confirmed Mike. "Lorelei Christine Pritchard."

"Alright. Lorelei Christine Pritchard," he said, marking down the information on his chart. "Born at 8:24 PM. June 12, 2006."

Moving his finger to little Lorelei's small, balled up fist, he pushed his finger in so that she could grip, just as she opened her eyes, revealing two little blue orbs. Mike caught his breath, completely amazed. This was the first of his children to have the same eye color as his. She blinked, yawned and stared at him in the wonder that a child looks at a ladybug. Only a few minutes old and she could hold a stare. She was definitely his child. He pulled his gaze away from Lorelei and back to Audrey.

"Can I hold her?"

"Of course," Audrey said. "You're her daddy."

Carefully, Mike lifted Lorelei from Audrey's arms and craddled her so delicately in his arms, finding his heart swelling with the little being in his arms he helped make. He smiled down at her, placing a kiss on her tiny forehead. He walked away from the bed and moved over to Tre who was inching toward the door to give the parents alone time and such.

"Tre." The drummer turned around and smirked as he stopped in his place to look down at Lorelei. "Meet my daughter, Lorelei."

Tre waved at Lorelei and shook her hand with only two fingers. "Heya Lorelei. I'm your Uncle Tre," he grinned goofily.

"How about Godfather Tre?" Mike looked up from Lorelei to find his friend staring at him. "What?"

"What is it with you and Billie making me the godfather of your kids?" he wondered with a smirk.

"That a yes?" Audrey called out.

Tre glanced past Mike to Audrey who looked completely exhausted from the stress of labor. Smiles resonated between all three adults as Tre gave an abrupt nod of his head.

"Yeah, I'll do it."

* * *

"Oh, she's so cute. Makes me want a little girl so bad," Adrienne gushed as she scampered over Audrey and gave the younger woman a hug. She then stepped back and opened up her purse, pulling out a small, blue Teddy bear. "I got this when I thought you were having a son, so don't mind the color."

Audrey smiled and took it nonetheless. "Lorelei is Mike's daughter. It'll be no different than if one of the guys wore a dress during a show."

The older woman laughed. "Oh God, I guess."

Billie Joe walked up behind his wife, craddling baby Lorelei in his arms and making weird faces at her as Mike hovered over him like a hawk; playing the protective father card.

"Dude, chill. I happen to have to kids of my own, you know," Billie Joe commented, shrugging to signal for his lean friend to back off a little.

"Sorry..." Mike blushed.

Billie Joe shook his head a smiled, as he nodded at Adrienne. "What's this I hear about wanting a little girl? And is it something we can go practice in an unattended utilty closet down the hall?" Adrienne gave him a look as he stepped up to hand the baby back to its mother. "I think she's hungry. And if my math is correct, it's been about five years since you've last done this so I think it's best I supervise."

Since Lorelei was safe in Audrey's arms, Adrienne took the opportunity to smack Billie Joe in the back of the head.

"Ah, hey..."

"Serves you right, Armstrong," Mike said. "That's my wife. And if anyone's gonna supervise, it's moi."

The three standing adults smirked at each other, only to be thrown for a loop when they looked back at Audrey, only to find her breastfeeding Lorelei.

"Whoa," Billie Joe commented, doing his best to avert his eyes.

"Sorry, but when a baby has to eat, it has to eat. But seeing as I have your attention and even though this ain't the ideal situation," Audrey smirked. "Mike and I were wondering if you'd be Lorelei's godmother."

Adrienne placed her hand on her chest and grinned. "Me? Really?"

"Yeah--ahh," she winced. "Hungry little thing." Billie Joe had to bit his tongue to keep from saying anything. When everything was fine and dandy again, Audrey nodded. "Well, you've helped me a lot these past six months and been there for me when I needed it since moving out here. It just seems to make sense."

Appearing to be completely tickled by the idea, Adrienne bobbed her head with a smile. "Aw, I'd be honored."

"Good," Audrey smiled back. "Now, everyone can look away."

"What? Oh." Mike grabbed Billie Joe on either side of the face and turned his best friend away as Audrey tucked herself back into her gown and lifted Lorelei up against her chest to burp her. All the while Mike watched her. Not because of the 'ooh, booby' factor, but because this was the woman he loved and the mother of his child, and she was never more beautiful than she was at that moment.