Status: Completed

Best Thing In Town

Gone Hollywood

Wrapped tightly in Mike's embrace, Audrey smiled as they laid there on the king sized bed in their hotel suite. Limbs tangled with limbs, her head rested on his chest, both rather satiated from the afterglow of lovemaking. The day before they had gone shopping on Rodeo and each found a new outfit to wear for the premiere, only to share a mutual feeling and thought to just hurry up and get back to the hotel so that they could jump into bed with each other. Quite literally, too. The second he had Audrey in bed, Mike practically tackeled her.

Now it was Thursday, the evening of the premiere and they didn't have long before they had to leave to get to the theatre either. They just couldn't help themselves. It was so nice to just have this time off to spend together.

In bed.

Audrey let out a content sigh as she rolled over to lay on top of him and then rested her chin on his chest, her nose just brushing his chin. "I need to shower. I'm starting to smell like you."

Mike gave her an offended look. "Hey, you say that like it's a bad thing."

She giggled and pushed up off him to throw her legs over the side of the bed, letting her feet touch down onto the soft, hotel carpet. Standing up, she sauntered to the suite's massive bathroom as Mike watched her naked form all the way. He smirked and sat up, scratching his chest and cracking his neck.

"I think we should save the hotel some money," he called out.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, with all the droughts and whatnot Southern California has seen this summer, I think it'd be wise to conserve the water and shower together," he replied, standing up and moving to lean in the doorway of the bathroom.

She turned around, taking in the sight og him leaning there and she smiled. "Sounds like the right thing to do," she remarked. "For the sake of the environment."

"Yeah. The environment," Mike repeated, taking only one step to close the gap between them as he snaked himself about her body with his arms as they stepped into the shower she had already started to run.

* * *

The limo pulled up in front of the theatre and Audrey stared out the window in awe when she saw the paparazzi and their cameras flashing. Someurned when they saw their limo pull up, wondering who was arriving next. Mike smirked as he watched her, looking mighty sexy to him in the slinky, black dress she wore with her strappy heels. Quirking an eyebrow, he placed a hand on her knee, moved it up to her thigh enough to get her attention.

"Ready for the public to finally get a view of Mrs. Dirnt?"

Audrey laughed nervously. "Oh, God. I didn't even think of it like that. I bet your fans hate me because I took you off the market."

"I don't care." He leaned in and kissed her cheek just as the someone opened the door for them. "Ready?"

When she nodded, he stepped out first and immediately camera flashes were directed toward them. Fans sitting in the bleachers set aside across the street began to scream, 'Omigod! Green Day!' But when only Mike stepped out with Audrey and then the limo pulled away, they also shouted for Billie Joe and Tre.

"This should be interesting," Audrey remarked.

"Just remember to smile for the birdies," he teased.

"Mike! Mike! Over here!" The paparazzi started calling him from every direction. "Who's the lady, Mike? This your wife? Mike!"

"Do they shut up?" Audrey wondered as she began to walk the carpet.

Mike shook his head. "Nope. They try to get your attention however they can to get your picture. There's also reporters from TV shows and magazines and papers that come to these things to get the scoop of who was there, wearing what...so on, so forth," he explained, keeping his right protectively around her waist and resting his hand on her hip while his left hand was stuffed into his jacket pocket.

"Mike!" came a familiar, and grating, female voice. "Mike Dirnt from Green Day, you hot little tomale, you!"

That caught his attention. He turned to his left to find none other than Joan Rivers standing on the side with a cameraman holding it camera. He gestured for Audrey to walk with him over to the Queen of Bad Plastic Surgery. If at least for his own amusement.

"Hey," he said.

"Mike Dirnt, what the hell are you doing at a Hollywood premiere?"

"Just in town for a few days, thought we'd check it out."

"We, huh?" Her eyes drifted to Audrey and she held out her hand. "I heard you snatched yourself up a wife."

Audrey shook Joan Rivers' hand and smiled while Mike narrowed his gaze to the older woman with a smirk. "I'm surprised. You don't strike me as the type of person to even know who I am."

"Oh, darlin'...I know all and see all..." She let her eyes drift back over to Audrey and gave her a once over. "And you're boobs look gorgeous, dear, considerin' you're lactating."

Caught off guard by the comment, Audrey subconsciously took a step back. The comment may not have been meant as condescending, but it certainly came out that way to Audrey. And Mike took note of it as Audrey smiled politely, but he could tell her heart wasn't in it at all. He turned his attention to Joan.

"Well, your face looks gorgeous too, considering it won't decay with the rest of you." With that he stepped away with Audrey as he shot back, "Oh, and we're wearing Adeline Street."

Audrey dipped her chin and Mike pressed his lips to her temple.

"Don't let that comment get to you, babe. She's a sour bitch who wishes she could look as naturally beautiful as you." She looked up to him and he smirked as they made their way further up the carpet. "You know what, I wanna show you off."

"You do, do you?"

"Mmm hmm," he nodded. Snaking his arms around her back, he dipped her and kissed her right there for all to see. When he pulled her back up to stand, she blushed and he gave her another quick peck. "And that's how it's done."

"Mike Dirnt? Oh, shit. I love you guys," came a male voice. He turned just as a hand slapped him gently on the back only to find Matt Damon, the star of the movie standing beside them with his wife.

"Oh, hey. Hi," Mike replied, shaking Matt's hand and giving the other guy a greeting sort of hug. "Can't wait to see the film."

"Thanks, great to see you here. This is my wife, Luciana," Matt introduced.

"Well, this is my wife, Audrey." Matt shook her hand and the for of them share a bit of conversation before splitting up and going in separate directions on the carpet.

Mike tipped his head to Audrey's ear and whispered. "See? Not all bad, huh?"

"Certainly not a dull moment," she said with a faint grin.

"Of course not. You're married to me."