Can't Live If Living Is Without You

Chapter Six

The next morning I woke up at 8 and decided to get up since the plane back to Huntington was leaving in three hours. I rolled out of bed and walked towards the bathroom. I washed my face off and started to brush my teeth. When I finished I stripped off my pajamas and turned on the water.

While I waited for the water to heat up I looked at myself in the mirror. I turned to the side and stared at my stomach. There was a small bump forming, but other than that I didn’t gain a significant amount of weight. I could still wear regular clothes if I wanted, hell I could walk around Huntington in a bikini if I wanted to.

I saw steam start to fog a corner of the mirror and I stepped in the shower. I don’t know how long I was in the shower when I felt Zack snake his arms around my stomach. He started kissing the back of my neck. I melted into his body and closed my eyes.

“I love you,” he whispered in my ear.

“I love you too,” I answered back after I turned around so I was facing him.

I felt my whole body tingle and warm up as Zack looked directly at me. Danny never looked me straight in the eye he usually stared at my chest or mouth, but never my eyes like Zack does. I planted a soft kiss on his lips and stepped out of the shower.

“Hurry up. Our flight is for 11,” I told Zack while wrapping a towel around myself.

“Alright,” he called out.

“What time is it?” Zack asked me again for the millionth time.

“10:35,” I answered and went back to texting my agent, John.

Zack sighed from next to me and slouched in his seat. I grinned to myself at his childish attitude but didn’t say anything.

“I’m going for a coffee, do you want anything?” Zack asked me as he stood up from his seat.

“No thanks, I’m fine,” I told him.

He nodded and walked off towards the Starbucks store. I watched him until he disappeared in the crowd.

I have a surprise for you! John texted me.

What is it?

I waited for John to answer me because I was anxious to know what the surprise was. I started getting fidgety because John hadn’t answered me back yet and Zack was still in Starbucks. I felt my phone vibrate and I anxiously opened the text.

Victoria’s Secret wants you to be one of their runway models for their lingerie fashion show!

I nearly jumped up and down in my tiny cushioned seat in excitement. Being one of the runway models in a Victoria’s Secret fashion show was a pretty big deal for any model, famous or not. Not only that, I haven’t had any work since I’ve gotten pregnant, which was pretty depressing.

I looked up from my phone and saw Zack walking back with a steaming cup of coffee in his hands and a scowl on his face. I sent him a confused look as he sat down and he stayed quiet.

“Babe?” I asked. He didn’t answer but instead kept drinking.

“Babe,” I called again but he didn’t respond.

“What’s wrong?” I asked him.

“Nothing,” he snapped at me. I was taken back by his harsh answer and sat back in my chair. I didn’t bother him anymore and waited quietly to be boarded on the plane.

I sighed in content as I opened up the front door. Zack pushed past me and just stalked upstairs with his suitcase. I rolled my eyes and walked into the kitchen to check our answering machine. He’s been acting pissy ever since he got back from the coffee shop in the New York airport. I chose to ignore him and celebrated my fashion show invitation by myself.

I checked the messages and went upstairs afterwards with my suitcase. When I walked in the room Zack was already under the covers with his back turned towards the door. I sighed and put my suitcase by the door. I stripped off my clothes and got into bed, not bothering to say anything to Zack.

The next morning Zack was still acting like a teenage girl going through her period. He would slam close the cabinets, slam his cup down on the counter and kept mumbling things to himself. I was finally fed up with his attitude and slammed my glass cup down on the counter. I marched into the family room where Zack was on the couch watching T.V. and I stood in front of the T.V.

“Move Natalia,” he said to me.

“No, not until you talk to me,” I harshly said with my hands on my hips.

“I said move,” he half shouted.

I turned around and shut off the T.V.

“What the fuck?!” he yelled and stood up.

“I should be the one yelling! Ever since yesterday in the airport you’ve been acting like a dick to me when I haven’t done anything to you,” I explained to him.

“Sure you haven’t,” he snarled at me and walked away to the kitchen.

“What’s that supposed to mean?!” I hollered and followed him.

“Like you don’t know!” he yelled.

“Actually I don’t know, so why don’t you explain it to me!”

“Fine!” he yelled and went upstairs. I heard him moving around upstairs and he came stomping down the stairs. He had something in his hand and he threw it down on the counter. “Here!” he yelled at me and walked back into the family room.

What he had thrown at me was the December issue of People magazine. On the cover was a picture of Danny and I walking together on a snow covered sidewalk. I felt myself get sick and I turned to the page inside where the article was written. I scanned the words and I got pissed off.

Those fucking paparazzi were accusing me of cheating on Zack while I was still pregnant with his kid. I went into the family room and threw the magazine at Zack.

“You actually believe those people?! I’m not cheating on you with Danny, especially when I’m pregnant with your child!” I yelled.

“Oh really? When was this picture taken?” he asked me.

“The day I flew into New York before I found you outside the hotel,” I honestly told him.

“So you cheated on me the same day I flew out there to apologize?!”

“I didn’t cheat on you!” I screamed, automatically getting a headache and feeling the tears sting the back of my eyes.

“You know I love you,” I told him, feeling the tears start to roll down my face.

“Yeah right. This wouldn’t be the first time you lied to me,” he said.

He shoved past me and grabbed his keys off the counter. He walked out the front door and slammed it so hard that the picture on the walls shook. I collapsed on the couch and held my head in my hands as I continued to cry.
♠ ♠ ♠
Geez, its been a while since I update this.

Tell me what you guys think. =]