Status: Complete

Everything Changes

Part 4

The guy had stayed late, I don’t know how late for sure but Matt came in quite later. Snuggling in to me, knowing that we both had to get up early (I had work and he said that he'd take the kid to school.) I just kept quiet and tried to rest.
I didn’t want to press anything not early in the morning I knew if I did then we'd both be in a bad mood all day. He'd more than likely forget about my so called day to my self and make me look after the kids. Not that I minded but I did like the sound of a day to my self; I needed it badly. So I just continued with my every day life, job, and the kids were taken care of so, I had a day to my self to do whatever I wanted.
I was running on high when I got home, the only problem, no kids, no Matt. The house was silent, almost dead. No lights, nothing. I sighed taking my things to my room. Then returned down stairs, the back patio door stood ajar. I sighed they must have left it open. As I neared the door, I could hear the sound of a ball hitting a hard concrete surface. I glanced out the door; Mark and Rickie were playing basketball, and not just practicing actually playing. Shock consumed my body I couldn’t believe that Mark was actually playing again. My heart accelerated happiness rolled over me like waves. Mattie's giggles were heard from some where in the house, catching my attention. I slowly turned my shock expression from my boys to see Mattie and Matt, walking in the house. Mattie had an ice cream cone in her tiny hands gently licking the melting mixture of which we like to call ice cream. I smiled at the ensemble.
"Hey mom," Rickie's voice caught my attention, letting me know they had finished playing.
"Hey boys." I greeted smiling proudly. Rickie stood behind Mark he had stopped pushing him, though Mark didn't need it. "Having fun?" I asked.
"Always!" Rickie answered, a little too quickly.
"Kay stay outta trouble," I reminded them before turning and heading into the living room, where Matt was having trouble getting Mattie out of her hoodie. She was refusing to surrender her ice cream cone even for a brief moment.
"Hey you stop that." I demanded, seeing her hit Matt's hand away as he tried to pull her left sleeve off her arm.
She pouted before darting off; Matt just sighed and stood to his full height.
“Have a good day, baby?” He asked wrapping his arms around my waist.
“Only just.” I sighed, resting my head in his chest.
“Why do you say that?” his lips found the top of my head, gently kissing it.
“My day was supposed to be relaxing, but how can one relax when they’re constantly thinking, I wonder where Matt and the kids are, or did I forget my phone?” I’ve been so stressed out today, that going to the spa really didn’t help, I was just glad that tomorrow was the last day, and then I’d be home free even if it is just for the week end.
"Baby," Matt's gentle chuckle reached my ears, "Tomorrow I'm taking you out."
"But-" He cut me off as his lips landed on my.
"The guys will watch the kids; they are dieing to actually get to hang out with them." He smiled at the thought of his previous life and his present life meeting with out turmoil.
I smiled to the best of my ability. I couldn’t deny him this little pleasure. Even if I thought his friends were idiots and never wanted to be around them. But on thing was for sure if Mattie started repeating any thing they said, I know some guys namelessly the Avenged Sevenfold guys that would be unable to reproduce.
"Go up stairs and rest, I'll make sure the kids get to bed." Matt order, a smirk on his face.
I obliged his order and went up stairs, looking back at him once I had hit the landing. He smiled and winked at me before heading off in the direction Mattie had went.
Matt didn’t seem like a man who would show any amount of passion. But however he did, after he insure the kids were in bed he accompanied me in a nice soothing bubble bath, after he refused to let me get dressed. He made me lay face down on my bed, as he started massaging my back. A shocking but pleasurable ordeal. I had been with Matt for months, and never had he actually show any sign of passion, there was compassion at times. But when I say never showed passion, I meant to me; the kids, his band, and music was different he showed passion to them or for them all the time. I know that music was what he loved to do, his band was his family, and he always loved kids. But showing me passion was a never experienced thing, it was shocking, something I could get use too, but I would never take it for granted.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long my keyboard is fucked up.. the b,n,m, and , buttons don't work some times. but ya its up I'd like some comments., its not like I'm twisting your arms for some. just curious for feed back