Status: Complete

Everything Changes

Part 5

"Hey babe, the boys went down to the park to play, they took Mattie with them." Matt's voice rang throughout the bathroom.
"Kay," I yelled back, letting the water to cascade down my body, in a nice relaxing shower.
"Want some company." Matt ruff voice flowed through my ears as his arm slid around my waist.
"Jesus you scared me." I growled out my heart in my throat.
"No God, but close enough." He chuckled out, kissing my shoulder.
"Matt can you get that?" I yelled out, drying my hair off.
"Babe its Mrs. Perkes?" Matt said a confused look on his faces.
"What does she want?" Mrs. Perkes was a older woman who lived close to the park, she always spent time there feeding the birds.
"She says she needs to talk to you its urgent." Matt said appearing in the bathroom door, holding the phone out towards me.
"Hello?" I asked placing the phone up to my ear.
"Oh Jade, I've got Mattie her she says she can't find Rickie or Mark any where." Her explanation hit me; I started to rush getting dressed
"What.. Can I talk to her?"
"Here baby talk to your mom." I could hear static and then Mattie's voice came through.
"Mommy.. I losted Rickie and Mark." My five year old cried out desperately.
"Baby its okay can you tell me where you are?" I asked rushed pulling my pants on quickly.
"I'm on da bench Mrs. Perkes feeds the birds on."
"Okay baby stay there mommy's on her way okay. Don’t move."
"Okay mommy."
"Love you baby, see you in a minute."
"You to mommy." After that I disconnected the phone throwing it on the counter, and started on finishing get dressed.
"Babe what's going on?" Matt asked appearing in the door way, fully dressed.
"Mattie's at the park by her self and she can't find the boys."
"Kay I'll go with you." He said, as I pulled on my shirt. His hand grasped mine, as he walked with me down the stairs. I slipped my feet into my flip-flops by the door. "Babe hey calm down," Matt said pulling me to face him.
"Something's wrong Matt, I just know it." I let out a tear slid down my face. "They wouldn't have left her there alone unattended."
"Shh." He said pulling me into his arms, kissing my forehead.
"Mattie baby," I rushed over pulling her into my arms. Her head burring in my neck. "Thank you for watching her." I said turning to Mrs. Perkes.
"No problem, the boys was around here some where, I heard them playing not that long before Mattie came up to me."
"Thank you." I said turning to Matt. "Where can they be?" I started looking around desperately trying to find my boys.
"The guys are on there way to help look for them, who knows they might have gotten thirsty and walked to a convenient store."
"And leave Mattie unattended and to fend for her self. I think not, Matt I think something has happened. They're not careless enough to just leave with out consulting some one."
"We'll find them babe, I promise."
Matt, I, and the guys searched the whole park, finding nothing, the guys started on the near by streets and road, trying to find any thing.
Matt had insisted that I sat down and tended to my youngest but she was sleeping and I was just lugging her around with me. I had to find my boys.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry its be so long ... comment please