Decaying in Hairspray

Wrath's Epilogue

Six years on from that day with the whole frog fiasco, things have changed yet again, for all of us. My family had grown in the years that had quickly slid by. Andreas and I weren’t just parents to Wednesday...we were now parents to Nikki Joseph Bergh, and Reagan Rouge Bergh, twins who are currently three years old.
Things had changed for Morbid and Cat too; Morbid had given birth to a girl, Lily, a year before the twins were born, meaning she was four.
Wednesday and Traci were both ten. They went to the same school and were quite close friends.

"Wednesday? Wednesday can you come here a second please?" I shouted up the stairs, tapping my foot irritably.

I strode back into the living room, an angry look on my face. Morbid, Cat and Andreas were sat on the sofa, Traci, Elvira, Nikki and Reagan sat on the carpet playing together.

"What?" Wednesday asked.

"I've told you time and time again; You are NOT to practice your make up on the twins. This is the second time, Wednesday. Once more, and you're grounded and you won't be allowed to go to Samantha's party next week" I warned her loudly.

She just rolled her eyes and stomped back up the stairs.

"Come on Wrath, it's pretty funny" Morbid giggled, looking at the twins who resembled the joker from batman.

"It is; but she's decided not to listen to anything I say...and it's really annoying" I sighed, grabbing Nikki and placing him on my lap whilst I wiped his face, getting rid of all the make up.

"Put me down! I'm playing with Lily!" Nikki squealed after a minute or so. Sighing, I placed him back on the floor.

I cleaned Reagan up, who merely giggled as she stared at the T.V.

"Come on, it's time to go!" Andreas called up the stairs, prompting Wednesday and Traci to come rushing down the stairs.

Wednesday and Traci leapt out of the door and started shrieking excitedly. I grabbed a load of bags that I had prepared so the children wouldn't get bored on the ride to London; we were taking them to Legoland. Oh fun.

Cat and Morbid pulled Traci and Lily into their car, and sorted their stuff out, whilst Andreas and I struggled to get Wednesday, Nikki and Reagan in the back of our car without any fuss. It took about 15 minutes.

"Right ok, we'll you there then" Cat told Andreas, as we got into the cars and drove away.

Suddenly, from the backseat, Reagan burst out crying. Sighing, I turned around to see what was going on. I looked at Wednesday.

"Nikki bit her" She shrugged.

"Nikki! Don't bite your sister! That's not very nice at all. If you continue to be mean to her, I'll be mean to you and you won't have any sweets" I stated seriously to him.

I turned back around just in time to see Andreas smirking.

"What are you laughing at?!" I accused, folding my arms and glaring slightly.

"I was just thinking about when we first got together. If anyone would have told us in years to come we would end up with kids, we would have told them to fuck right off" He grinned.

"Yeah, true. I never thought I’d become a mother. Seriously. It wasn't on my to-do list" I told him quietly.

"Same here...but I’m glad things turned out the way they did" He smiled at me.

A few hours and a couple of tantrums later, we finally arrived at the theme park. Cat and Morbid were already waiting for us.

"About bloody time!" Morbid called as we got out of the car, releasing the twins from their car seats who started running around excitedly.

"Shut up you slag" I giggled.

Rounding up the children, including Morbid’s, I spoke to them sternly.

"Right, Wednesday and Traci; I want you two to partner up and stay together at all times, so neither of you gets lost ok?" They nodded at me.

"You three listen carefully...Please don't run away from mummy or daddy...This is a big place and we don't want you getting lost. Just hold someone’s hand, ok?" They nodded, and I smiled at them.

They kids walked in front of us, as Cat and Andy went to buy the tickets, leaving Morbid and I to talk.

"You do realize this is going to be one of the most stressful days ever?" Morbid sighed.

"Tell me about it...but whatever, at least we get to spend time with them before the tour" I replied.

Gutter Pussy had been one of the world’s most successful female bands. We had released 5 albums, and were embarking upon a come back tour across Europe and the USA, which started in a week. The band had been on a short hiatus for a year or two whilst we got our personal life sorted.
The tour would last just over a month, which meant we would have to go without seeing our family, unless they came to us.

We stepped into the theme park which was filled with other families, most of them normal or plain looking. We stood out like sore thumbs. We were all pretty much in black, standing out against all the whites and pastels that the others were wearing.
Our children looked different aswell.

"Who wants to go on that ride first?" Morbid asked, pointing at a Ferris wheel type thing. Nikki, Lily and Reagan screamed with delight as we watched them get on with the help of someone that worked there.

"Mum, can me and Traci go on that?" Wednesday asked, pointing to a rollercoaster.

"Yeah, but dad and Cat are going with you because it's four people" I replied. Glancing at Cat and Andy.

Sighing, they trudged off behind Wednesday and Traci who had sprinted off to save them a place in the growing queue.

"Wait for us by there!" Cat called to us, looking over his shoulder.

"Ah screw it, we have our phones with us anyway" Morbid shrugged

The rest of the day went fantastically well. There were no arguments, no puking and no more tantrums.

Some people say that to have it all is impossible...but for Morbid and I, that was untrue. We had it all. We had our perfect family, a gorgeous house, money and an amazing career. Who knew that two friends that met over Quizilla could end up having such a life?