If Words Are But Words

It's a marvellous night for a moondance

JADE’S POV
“It’s a marvelous night for a moon dance” I sung merrily as I strolled through the night. I’d like to think of myself as quite the singer...Adam likes to point out there’s a reason Davey sings and I play my guitar.
“Something something buh duh did ah” I scatted forgetting the words then suddenly I felt something hit me...well someone really on the account they said “oomph” when they fell and to my knowledge inanimate objects don’t say “oomph”...or anything for that matter.
I clumsily tumbled to the ground landing on my butt, my back hitting the brick wall sharply.
“Crap, sorry” I said trying to see who it was that I’d hit...or that hit me...I don’t know. I squinted in the dark to catch sight of the figure under a dim street light...actually that reminds me of this time we were touring and we met some very friendly people under street lights...but anywho.
“Uh, It’s nothing” they replied, I instantly recognized the thick welsh accent as that of Ian’s.
“Ian, hey. Whatcha doing out here?” I asked, he didn’t reply but sat in the same spot he fell, hunched over, and knees to his chest.
“Ian? You ok?” I couldn’t help but think something was up...something up ha, pervs.
I couldn’t hear his reply because it was so quiet and his accent was kind of strong too.
He glanced over at me and then crawled on his hands and knees over to me. He stopped in front of me and laid his head on my stomach, my legs sprawled on either side of him, his body lying on the cold bitumen.
“Just...stay with me, please?” he asked, watery brown eyes staring into mine.
“Sure, no problem” I replied with a, what I hoped to be comforting but probably just weird, smile.
“Thanks” he mumbled and rolled on his side. Not exactly the most comfortable position to be in but it didn’t bother me.
It had been about three hours, my body was numb but that wasn’t the main problem, my main problem was I was bored. Ian had fallen asleep on me again and I couldn’t bring myself to move. So I had to amuse myself some other way, so I began fiddling with Ian’s hair.
I twisted into little curls around my finger and hummed because as it would turn out, I only knew one line to Moon Dance...or whatever that songs called.
I watched Ian’s face and giggled to myself as he smiled slightly whilst still asleep.

---------------------------------------------
Lol in reguards to the constant
references to that moondance
song i had it stuck in my head
at the time but i don't actually
know any otf the words actually
i don't even think "moon dance"
are the right words :lmfao